Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2001 6:02:32 PM EDT
I went to Tampa to help my buddy fix his shower stall. We went to Lowes for a new door, and when we went to pay, I found a flyer for their "NEW ITEM".....GUN SAFES!! Can you believe these idiots?
    (BTW they are DAMN nice ones!)
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 6:18:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 6:25:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Why would you consider them idiots?

They might possibly see the error of their past ways.

They did retreat most riki-tiki on the anti proganda.
View Quote

We can only hope! The cashier was VERY pro gun!
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 6:30:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Haven't been to a Lowe's so I don't know what brands or types they are stocking (cabiniets or safes?)

If they are paying attention to Wal-Mart (and they are), they probably noticed that Wal-Mart sells every gun cabinet and safe the can get into the store.  

As I recall the makers of the double-locking sheet metal cabinets are the same folks who manufacture the lockable rollaround tool boxes (Homak, Stack-on, etc) so it might be an extension of their current product line.

As an aside, it's kind of a PR win-win for them....they're promoting the safe storage of firearms while making money.  For us, it could be a win as well since they are indirectly endorsing firearms ownership.  They might not see it that way, but the public would.

JMHO

Link Posted: 10/14/2001 6:39:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Haven't been to a Lowe's so I don't know what brands or types they are stocking (cabiniets or safes?)

If they are paying attention to Wal-Mart (and they are), they probably noticed that Wal-Mart sells every gun cabinet and safe the can get into the store.  

As I recall the makers of the double-locking sheet metal cabinets are the same folks who manufacture the lockable rollaround tool boxes (Homak, Stack-on, etc) so it might be an extension of their current product line.

As an aside, it's kind of a PR win-win for them....they're promoting the safe storage of firearms while making money.  For us, it could be a win as well since they are indirectly endorsing firearms ownership.  They might not see it that way, but the public would.

JMHO

View Quote

The one in the flyer is a Sentry R3820 for $497.00 Looks like a nice one.
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 6:41:24 PM EDT
[#5]
i found parts to make a potatoe launcher.
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 6:51:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

[:D]

Link Posted: 10/14/2001 7:09:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

[:D]

View Quote

NEW! Safety tip brought to you by Lowes Home improvement
Do you have Potatoe Launchers in your home?
If so GET RID OF THEM!
Homes with potatoe launchers are 20% more likely to have family members shot by potatoes!
39% more likely to have a potatoe suicide take place. Homes with Children and potatoe launchers are 47% more likely to have an accidental potatoe shooting.
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 7:20:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Its POTATO, ya fuckheads. [:D]

There is no E in potato.
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 7:28:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Dumb note on the potatoe guns which you may already know: use primer on the pvc before you apply the pvc cement.  The pvc is chemically treated, and if you just use the cement without the primer, you could be asking for problems after 50 to 100 "rounds" (I mentioned this to my buddies who I came across shooting thier's, and they said "hey, we haven't had a problem yet", ended up taking a guy to the hospital for his hand because the cap blew off and hit him standing 20' behind the guy shooting).
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 7:34:39 PM EDT
[#10]
I am glad to see that they have gun safes there. Anything to help make anti-gunners see that it is not just 'bad' people who believe in having guns in the home.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 4:26:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 5:00:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Alos, from what I have heard, all the parts neccessary to build a silencer (not that any of us would ever need that kind of crap) is in their hardware section also.

I saw a whole section of pre-ban fender washers there once, I nearly crapped my pants looking around for the ATF agents waiting for anyone to buy those bad boys...
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 5:06:51 AM EDT
[#13]
There is video documentation of the former Vice President of the United States, Dan Quayle, correcting a spelling bee competitor who tried to leave off the "E".
(note: this post contains at least one intentional spelling error as a quailty check).
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 5:06:52 AM EDT
[#14]
They aren't selling these safes for guns. They are selling them so that you can crawl inside and roll around the store. That way you won't get killed when some moron pushes something off the other side and it falls on you [:D]
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 8:54:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Its POTATO, ya fuckheads. [:D]

There is no E in potato.
View Quote

I dont know about the rest of the fuckheads, but I use the E in honor of Dan Quayle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top