Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 1/29/2011 6:28:35 PM EDT
Went to the local funstore today with an extra AR that I didn't need. Was looking to trade for either a G19 or a 12ga shotgun....... Wound up leaving with this:

Already had a XD-9 and a Loaded 1911............. Now I have these........

Link Posted: 1/29/2011 6:36:04 PM EDT
An AR for an XD Compact?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 6:40:07 PM EDT
You did WHAT?

Link Posted: 1/29/2011 6:42:38 PM EDT
Originally Posted By bcw107:
An AR for an XD Compact?

I agree with this .. Dont get me wrong. I love my XD 9mm sub compact ( its whats on my hip) but seems like not a far trade to me... What kind of AR did you trade for it?
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 6:45:08 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Rudolf_Diesel:
You did WHAT?

?!
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 6:47:06 PM EDT
Got any more AR's to trade??

Link Posted: 1/29/2011 6:48:10 PM EDT

Originally Posted By delemorte:
An AR for an XD Compact?

I agree with this .. Dont get me wrong. I love my XD 9mm sub compact ( its whats on my hip) but seems like not a far trade to me... What kind of AR did you trade for it?
It was a basic AR. Sabre lower with a no name upper. Didn't even have a rear sight on it. Have no fear, there is a method to my madness. I still have this:

And am preparing to put together a SBR. Then get a can for it. I saw no reason to keep a 2nd 16" carbine that didn't even have a sight on it. The one I kept is another Sabre lower. With a BCM upper and BCG, CTR, EoTech XPS on a Larue mount and Surefire G2.

Will be ordering a Spikes lower in the next month so I can start the Form 1........

Link Posted: 1/29/2011 6:54:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/29/2011 6:56:01 PM EDT by rdnkar]
I'll trade you a glock23 for that,but you would be taking advantage of me
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 6:54:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/29/2011 6:56:34 PM EDT by rdnkar]
Double tap
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:08:36 PM EDT
This does not compute...

Originally Posted By orion251:
Went to the local funstore today with an extra AR that I didn't need. Was looking to trade for either a G19 or a 12ga shotgun....... Wound up leaving with this:

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m133/orion2527/Firearms/IMG_2580.jpg

Already had a XD-9 and a Loaded 1911............. Now I have these........

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m133/orion2527/Firearms/IMG_2586.jpg

Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:12:08 PM EDT
wow...

I've been thinking of dumping the XD40 sub that I have. I wonder if I could get an AR for it?
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:14:15 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JarheadPatriot:
wow...

I've been thinking of dumping the XD40 sub that I have. I wonder if I could get an AR for it?

Trust me, you would not want the one I got rid of. A DSA upper was better than the one I got rid of. It even had Dremel "polishing" on the feed ramps since they didn't line up with the barrel extension.........
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:15:50 PM EDT

An AR for an XD Compact?

It was a basic AR. Sabre lower with a no name upper. Didn't even have a rear sight on it. Have no fear, there is a method to my madness. I still have this:

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m133/orion2527/Firearms/M4-1.jpg

And am preparing to put together a SBR. Then get a can for it. I saw no reason to keep a 2nd 16" carbine that didn't even have a sight on it. The one I kept is another Sabre lower. With a BCM upper and BCG, CTR, EoTech XPS on a Larue mount and Surefire G2.

Will be ordering a Spikes lower in the next month so I can start the Form 1........

You traded a AR(sans rear sight) for a pistol and still have to order a lower for a SBR, but you have a extar AR.

You got fucked

You can try and rationalize it any way you want but the shop keep is posting on another forum how her fucked a guy out of a rifle for a XD.

stupid deal

Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:16:39 PM EDT
More to the point, I didn't think there was XD kool-aid.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:19:50 PM EDT
FAIL.jpg
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:22:12 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TaylorWSO:

An AR for an XD Compact?

You traded a AR(sans rear sight) for a pistol and still have to order a lower for a SBR, but you have a extar AR.

You got fucked

You can try and rationalize it any way you want but the shop keep is posting on another forum how her fucked a guy out of a rifle for a XD.

stupid deal

Uh, XD-9 SD Stainless (New) = $519
Olympic AR (Used) = $649 (with sights)

New Lower = ~$125

$519+$125=$644

Pretty sure I didn't get screwed. I see no point in having a gun that is useless to me. It had not been fired in a year, had random feeding issues before I changed the buffer spring and the optic for it would have been more than the upper was worth...........
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:22:12 PM EDT
This does not compute.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:30:45 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TooBigToFail:
This does not compute.

So, the fact that I got rid of a gun that I didn't want, need or shoot for a gun that I wanted and can carry easier than the others I had doesn't compute to you? Honestly I don't care. Your computational skills mean nothing to me, my firearm collection or my bank account.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:33:12 PM EDT
This does not compute.

Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:35:09 PM EDT

Originally Posted By cableguy221:
This does not compute.

See above
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:36:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/29/2011 7:39:55 PM EDT by EvanWilliams]
An AR for an XD Compact?

That's what I thought he said. Hope I'm wrong.

ETA: If jennings is making an AR, maybe.
ETA2: Ok, OP, I see what went on. You unloaded a marginal AR (at best) and got something you wanted. you are GTG.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:40:41 PM EDT
Thread not go way I thought it would. Lesson learned. Guess most of Arfcom really needs a useless AR and has plenty of carry guns.................

Carry on
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:40:53 PM EDT
oops!
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:43:38 PM EDT
Originally Posted By TrojanMan:

There isn't. It is XD Purple Drank.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:45:19 PM EDT
Thread not go way I thought it would. Lesson learned. Guess most of Arfcom really needs a useless AR and has plenty of carry guns.................

Carry on http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m133/orion2527/anim_beer.gif

Threads in GD never go the way you think they will

If I had to do anything different I would have parted it out, you would be surprised how much more you can make on parts than you can as a whole.

As long as you're happy, that's what counts.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:50:07 PM EDT

Originally Posted By pilotman:

Carry on http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m133/orion2527/anim_beer.gif

Threads in GD never go the way you think they will

If I had to do anything different I would have parted it out, you would be surprised how much more you can make on parts than you can as a whole.

As long as you're happy, that's what counts.

Trust me I know, I had to have a thread deleted here many years ago due to bourbon and cluelessness. But sometimes it is fun to hear others opinions..............

I considered parting but the time involved would have hurt the results. I wanted an easy deal and I wound up getting what I wanted and made a little room in the safe for future toys. I followed my only firearm rule and that is that I will never sell one, I can trade for another one but I cannot go -1.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 8:33:21 PM EDT
OP, if you are happy with your trade then thats all that matters. If you had an AR that was so-so, having some feeding issues like you mentioned and not using it any, I would trade for something you would use too.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 9:16:41 PM EDT

Originally Posted By OhioEd:
Originally Posted By TrojanMan:

There isn't. It is XD Purple Drank.

Actually, I prefer bourbon........... Little Lot of Makers 46 right now to be specific...........
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 4:01:42 AM EDT

An AR for an XD Compact?

Sounds like you were well informed then.. Glad you like the XD. It will give you years of good service.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 4:09:01 AM EDT
I dont think I would have made that trade, however if you are happy thats all that matters.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:25:22 AM EDT
Why didn't you just SBR the Sabre lower and sale the "junk" upper here on the EE?
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:54:02 AM EDT

Originally Posted By basicAR:
Why didn't you just SBR the Sabre lower and sale the "junk" upper here on the EE?

I am not positive the lower was completely in spec. Too many little things that seemed odd. If I'm paying the tax on it it will be perfect.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 7:00:53 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Rudolf_Diesel:
You did WHAT?

seriously....

"did not need" exactly what the hell are you talking about???
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 7:30:52 AM EDT
I have a glock 17 if you have another AR for trade.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 7:37:11 AM EDT
It's not about keeping the ar15, it's about getting more for your trade. Perhaps a few extra magazines, some ammo, our even a little extra cash on the way out. I would not advocate keeping that ar15, I would suggest trying to get more for the trade.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 8:19:38 AM EDT
"You traded the Bluesmobile for this?!"

"No ... for a microphone."

"A microphone? [pause] Okay, I can see that. But what the hell is this?"
Top Top