Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/29/2011 6:28:35 PM EDT
Went to the local funstore today with an extra AR that I didn't need.  
Was looking to trade for either a G19 or a 12ga shotgun....... Wound up leaving with this:

Already had a XD-9 and a Loaded 1911.............  Now I have these........

Link Posted: 1/29/2011 6:36:04 PM EDT
[#1]
An AR for an XD Compact?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 6:40:07 PM EDT
[#2]
You did WHAT?

Link Posted: 1/29/2011 6:42:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
An AR for an XD Compact?

I agree with this .. Dont get me wrong. I love my XD 9mm sub compact ( its whats on my hip) but seems like not a far trade to me... What kind of AR did you trade for it?
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 6:45:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You did WHAT?

?!
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 6:47:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Got any more AR's to trade??

Link Posted: 1/29/2011 6:48:10 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

An AR for an XD Compact?

I agree with this .. Dont get me wrong. I love my XD 9mm sub compact ( its whats on my hip) but seems like not a far trade to me... What kind of AR did you trade for it?
It was a basic AR.  Sabre lower with a no name upper.  Didn't even have a rear sight on it.  Have no fear, there is a method to my madness.  I still have this:

And am preparing to put together a SBR.  Then get a can for it.  I saw no reason to keep a 2nd 16" carbine that didn't even have a sight on it.  The one I kept is another Sabre lower.  With a BCM upper and BCG, CTR, EoTech XPS on a Larue mount and Surefire G2.

Will be ordering a Spikes lower in the next month so I can start the Form 1........

Link Posted: 1/29/2011 6:54:11 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll trade you a glock23 for that,but you would be taking advantage of me
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 6:54:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Double tap
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:08:36 PM EDT
[#9]
This does not compute...

Quoted:
Went to the local funstore today with an extra AR that I didn't need.  Was looking to trade for either a G19 or a 12ga shotgun....... Wound up leaving with this:

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m133/orion2527/Firearms/IMG_2580.jpg

Already had a XD-9 and a Loaded 1911.............  Now I have these........

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m133/orion2527/Firearms/IMG_2586.jpg

Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:12:08 PM EDT
[#10]
wow...

I've been thinking of dumping the XD40 sub that I have. I wonder if I could get an AR for it?
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:14:15 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

wow...

I've been thinking of dumping the XD40 sub that I have. I wonder if I could get an AR for it?

Trust me, you would not want the one I got rid of.  A DSA upper was better than the one I got rid of.  It even had Dremel "polishing" on the feed ramps since they didn't line up with the barrel extension.........

Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:15:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
An AR for an XD Compact?

It was a basic AR.  Sabre lower with a no name upper.  Didn't even have a rear sight on it.  Have no fear, there is a method to my madness.  I still have this:

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m133/orion2527/Firearms/M4-1.jpg

And am preparing to put together a SBR.  Then get a can for it.  I saw no reason to keep a 2nd 16" carbine that didn't even have a sight on it.  The one I kept is another Sabre lower.  With a BCM upper and BCG, CTR, EoTech XPS on a Larue mount and Surefire G2.

Will be ordering a Spikes lower in the next month so I can start the Form 1........

You traded a AR(sans rear sight) for a pistol and still have to order a lower for a SBR, but you have a extar AR.

You got fucked

You can try and rationalize it any way you want but the shop keep is posting on another forum how her fucked a guy out of a rifle for a XD.

stupid deal

Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:16:39 PM EDT
[#13]
More to the point, I didn't think there was XD kool-aid.  
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:19:50 PM EDT
[#14]
FAIL.jpg
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:22:12 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

An AR for an XD Compact?

You traded a AR(sans rear sight) for a pistol and still have to order a lower for a SBR, but you have a extar AR.

You got fucked

You can try and rationalize it any way you want but the shop keep is posting on another forum how her fucked a guy out of a rifle for a XD.

stupid deal

Uh, XD-9 SD Stainless (New) = $519

Olympic AR (Used) = $649 (with sights)

New Lower = ~$125

$519+$125=$644

Pretty sure I didn't get screwed.  I see no point in having a gun that is useless to me.  It had not been fired in a year, had random feeding issues before I changed the buffer spring and the optic for it would have been more than the upper was worth...........

Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:22:12 PM EDT
[#16]
This does not compute.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:30:45 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

This does not compute.

So, the fact that I got rid of a gun that I didn't want, need or shoot for a gun that I wanted and can carry easier than the others I had doesn't compute to you?  Honestly I don't care.  Your computational skills mean nothing to me, my firearm collection or my bank account.

Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:33:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
This does not compute.

Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:35:09 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This does not compute.

See above

Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:36:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
An AR for an XD Compact?

That's what I thought he said. Hope I'm wrong.

ETA: If jennings is making an AR, maybe.
ETA2: Ok, OP, I see what went on. You unloaded a marginal AR (at best) and got something you wanted. you are GTG.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:40:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Thread not go way I thought it would.  Lesson learned.  Guess most of Arfcom really needs a useless AR and has plenty of carry guns.................

Carry on
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:40:53 PM EDT
[#22]
oops!
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:43:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

There isn't. It is XD Purple Drank.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:45:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Thread not go way I thought it would.  Lesson learned.  Guess most of Arfcom really needs a useless AR and has plenty of carry guns.................

Carry on http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m133/orion2527/anim_beer.gif

Threads in GD never go the way you think they will

If I had to do anything different I would have parted it out, you would be surprised how much more you can make on parts than you can as a whole.

As long as you're happy, that's what counts.  
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:50:07 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Carry on http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m133/orion2527/anim_beer.gif

Threads in GD never go the way you think they will

If I had to do anything different I would have parted it out, you would be surprised how much more you can make on parts than you can as a whole.

As long as you're happy, that's what counts.  

Trust me I know, I had to have a thread deleted here many years ago due to bourbon and cluelessness.  But sometimes it is fun to hear others opinions..............

I considered parting but the time involved would have hurt the results.  I wanted an easy deal and I wound up getting what I wanted and made a little room in the safe for future toys.  I followed my only firearm rule and that is that I will never sell one, I can trade for another one but I cannot go -1.

Link Posted: 1/29/2011 8:33:21 PM EDT
[#26]
OP, if you are happy with your trade then thats all that matters.  If you had an AR that was so-so, having some feeding issues like you mentioned and not using it any, I would trade for something you would use too.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 9:16:41 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There isn't. It is XD Purple Drank.

Actually, I prefer bourbon...........  Little   Lot of Makers 46 right now to be specific...........

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 4:01:42 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
An AR for an XD Compact?

Sounds like you were well informed then.. Glad you like the XD. It will give you years of good service.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 4:09:01 AM EDT
[#29]
I dont think I would have made that trade, however if you are happy thats all that matters.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:25:22 AM EDT
[#30]
Why didn't you just SBR the Sabre lower and sale the "junk" upper here on the EE?

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:54:02 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Why didn't you just SBR the Sabre lower and sale the "junk" upper here on the EE?

I am not positive the lower was completely in spec.  Too many little things that seemed odd.  If I'm paying the tax on it it will be perfect.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 7:00:53 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
You did WHAT?

seriously....

"did not need"  exactly what the hell are you talking about???
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 7:30:52 AM EDT
[#33]
I have a glock 17 if you have another AR for trade.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 7:37:11 AM EDT
[#34]
It's not about keeping the ar15, it's about getting more for your trade.  Perhaps a few extra magazines, some ammo, our even a little extra cash on the way out.  I would not advocate keeping that ar15, I would suggest trying to get more for the trade.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 8:19:38 AM EDT
[#35]
"You traded the Bluesmobile for this?!"

"No ... for a microphone."

"A microphone? [pause] Okay, I can see that. But what the hell is this?"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top