Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/26/2009 11:02:36 PM EDT
Associated Press Article

National Intelligence Director Dennis Blair at his first news conference Thursday.

During his news conference, Blair also said the Obama administration is still wrestling with what to do with the remaining 240 detainees at the Guantanamo Bay Naval Base, which the president has ordered closed.

Some of the detainees, deemed non-threatening, may be released into the United States as free men, Blair confirmed.

That would happen when they can't be returned to their home countries, because the governments either won't take them or the U.S. fears they will be abused or tortured. That is the case with 17 Uighers (WEE'-gurz), Chinese Muslim separatists who were cleared for release from the jail long ago. The U.S. can't find a country willing to take them, and it will not turn them over to China.

Blair said the former prisoners would have get some sort of assistance to start their new lives in the United States.

"We can't put them out on the street," he said.

Blair said the U.S. government is building dossiers on each of the prisoners at Guantanamo and is still developing the process that will determine what happens to them. Some may face criminal trials in the U.S. civilian courts and be imprisoned in U.S. jails. Others will be remanded to their home governments for continued jailing or potential rehabilitation.

The Pentagon claims more than 60 former Guantanamo inmates have been released by their home governments and are believed to be engaged in militant activities. It has not released a list of those former prisoners. Two of the top al-Qaida leaders in Yemen are former inmates, according to both al-Qaida and U.S. intelligence officials. And the Taliban's top operations officer in southern Afghanistan was released from Guantanamo in 2007, according to U.S. intelligence and military officials.

On another matter, Blair said the United States will no longer waterboard prisoners_ a form of simulated drowning that was used against three alleged terrorists in 2002 and 2003. But other "enhanced interrogation techniques" are being considered for inclusion in the methods finally approved for use. He did not say what methods he would consider retaining. The CIA's enhanced interrogation program is classified. Blair is a key figure in the White House review of the CIA's interrogation program.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 11:11:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Thats fucked up, there isn't much more I can say
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 11:13:35 PM EDT
[#2]

I seem to be posting this more and more lately.

What the fuck?
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 11:16:20 PM EDT
[#3]
obamunism rears it's ugly head again.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 11:17:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Oh yeah, I'm sure being held without charge for how many years has made those guys absolutely looove America. I'm sure they'll fit in just fine here.

Gitmo was a damned stupid idea from the word 'go.'
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 11:21:00 PM EDT
[#5]
They better be putting them in the Federal Witness Protection Program.  Because if they are anywhere near me....

Fuck it, I am surrounding myself with a fucking HUGE hog farm.  Fuck the smell, I'll even have me a pet pot-bellied pig, in my house.  They are easily house broken.  And I will name him Muhammed Allah.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 11:23:16 PM EDT
[#6]
In other news....

We need to get rid of assault rifles.. for the mexicans.

The terrorists agree.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 11:23:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 11:25:48 PM EDT
[#8]
will people be notified when they are placed at a residence on your block, like they do with sexual predators ?
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 11:45:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
will people be notified when they are placed at a residence on your block, like they do with sexual predators ?

Yeah right, these scumbags will probably be notified of where all the white, male, gun-clinging people live.  You know, to protect them.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 11:57:25 PM EDT
[#10]
To be fair to the Uighers, they're mainly screwed because we (and Europe) don't want to piss off China.  We've been trying to find anyplace that will take them almost since we got them.  FWIW, they were model prisoners, mainly because I suspect they figured we'd just send them to China if they screwed around - two guesses as to  what happens to them on the tarmac if they ever go back to China.  AFAIK, these guys are not even charged with anything, they just don't have a place to send them, though why we're so worried about what happens to a bunch of Muslim seperatists is beyond me.  I'm sure the Chinese would give them a rigorously fair trial before their execution, after all Now, some of the other detainees...
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 3:28:49 AM EDT
[#11]
yeah if they were released into the US they might just have to "disappear"
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 3:44:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Oh yeah, I'm sure being held without charge for how many years has made those guys absolutely looove America. I'm sure they'll fit in just fine here.

I didn't realize that you had to file charges against POWs.

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 3:47:48 AM EDT
[#13]

I fail to see what could possibly go wrong!
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 3:50:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are not really prisoners of war either,  the circumstances most were captured under in previous conflicts would have meant summary battlefield executions.  But with today's CNN effect you aren't allowed to do that.  Getting caught fighting for a third party, outside of uniform is normally a quick ticket to a gallows or firing squad.

However you are correct, the connotations that Gitmo is bad is a construct of the left.  What we did with the few POW we captured from Japan during the Second World War at Fort McCoy WI was a thousand times worse than the life lived by those in Gitmo.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 3:57:20 AM EDT
[#15]
This country is fucking doomed.

Obama has renamed the war on terror as "Overseas Contingency Operations"

and janet Napolitano head of DHS has renamed Terorism as " man-mad disaster"

we are all being set up to be destroyed.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 4:00:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Great. just great. This fuckhead has a plan for everything, huh? Damn ....
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 4:02:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Gitmo detainees exist in an interesting situation, where they are neither lawful combatants (and thus afforded rights as POWs), nor afforded rights under the US Constitution, since they are not technically in the United States.

It was a stupid idea. If you're going to do shit like this, don't tell the whole world about it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 4:06:01 AM EDT
[#18]
We should have kept the useful ones(that knew something), and given the rest back to the afghans to face Islamic justice.  When this whole thing started the Afghans wanted to try some of the detanies for war crimes, and we should have let them.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 4:08:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Gitmo detainees exist in an interesting situation, where they are neither lawful combatants (and thus afforded rights as POWs), nor afforded rights under the US Constitution, since they are not technically in the United States.

It was a stupid idea. If you're going to do shit like this, don't tell the whole world about it.

No the stupid idea is think they deserve more than a bullet, the constant hand ringing about our mistreatment of those in Gitmo is taken by our enemies as a sign of weakness.  Any signs of weakness encourages them to attack us.

Our entire StratComm message is backwards right now, instead of taken to heart Machiavelli's maxim that it is better to be feared than loved, we are attempting to get them to love us.

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 4:10:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Welfare for terrorists?  Well, at least they have ambition and work at it.  That alone should disqualify them.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 4:11:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
We should have kept the useful ones(that knew something), and given the rest back to the afghans to face Islamic justice.  When this whole thing started the Afghans wanted to try some of the detanies for war crimes, and we should have let them.

We actually turned over quite a few of them to the Afghans, who in most cases just released them.

The current "OpsO" for the TB in southern AFG is a perfect case in point.  He was "not a threat" and of no more value to the US.  He was shipped back to Kabul and after a short period of them holding him, he was released.  After a short period of time he went back to being a TB leader.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 4:13:02 AM EDT
[#22]
I hope they treat them at least as well as they have treated the AIG bonus recipients - make their identities, addresses, and all other personal information widely available to the public.

The rest should take care of itself.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 4:41:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 4:45:40 AM EDT
[#24]
Well something has to be done with them.

Maybe some of them will go on to be productive members of society who will appreciate the freedoms we enjoy here that they are denied in their country's of origin.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 4:49:25 AM EDT
[#25]
I think we should give them a free education at the school obamys kids attend.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 4:50:41 AM EDT
[#26]
If you are going to assimilate them into our culture, let them start by serving our nation somehow.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 4:50:50 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Thats fucked up, there isn't much more I can say

How about this?  Obama will give them free health care while charging the veterans wounded in capturing them.

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 4:55:43 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Maybe some of them will go on to be productive members of society who will appreciate the freedoms we enjoy here that they are denied in their country's of origin.

Sarcasm, I hope?
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 4:57:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

That would be nice, but I'm not going to hold my breath.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 4:59:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Are you kidding?
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:02:04 AM EDT
[#31]
Sure we can put them on the street...............just not "our" streets............

Quoted:
Associated Press Article

National Intelligence Director Dennis Blair at his first news conference Thursday.

During his news conference, Blair also said the Obama administration is still wrestling with what to do with the remaining 240 detainees at the Guantanamo Bay Naval Base, which the president has ordered closed.

Some of the detainees, deemed non-threatening, may be released into the United States as free men, Blair confirmed.

That would happen when they can't be returned to their home countries, because the governments either won't take them or the U.S. fears they will be abused or tortured. That is the case with 17 Uighers (WEE'-gurz), Chinese Muslim separatists who were cleared for release from the jail long ago. The U.S. can't find a country willing to take them, and it will not turn them over to China.

Blair said the former prisoners would have get some sort of assistance to start their new lives in the United States.

"We can't put them out on the street," he said.

Blair said the U.S. government is building dossiers on each of the prisoners at Guantanamo and is still developing the process that will determine what happens to them. Some may face criminal trials in the U.S. civilian courts and be imprisoned in U.S. jails. Others will be remanded to their home governments for continued jailing or potential rehabilitation.

The Pentagon claims more than 60 former Guantanamo inmates have been released by their home governments and are believed to be engaged in militant activities. It has not released a list of those former prisoners. Two of the top al-Qaida leaders in Yemen are former inmates, according to both al-Qaida and U.S. intelligence officials. And the Taliban's top operations officer in southern Afghanistan was released from Guantanamo in 2007, according to U.S. intelligence and military officials.

On another matter, Blair said the United States will no longer waterboard prisoners_ a form of simulated drowning that was used against three alleged terrorists in 2002 and 2003. But other "enhanced interrogation techniques" are being considered for inclusion in the methods finally approved for use. He did not say what methods he would consider retaining. The CIA's enhanced interrogation program is classified. Blair is a key figure in the White House review of the CIA's interrogation program.

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:03:34 AM EDT
[#32]
Hard to even think of an appropriate comment for this.  Fucked up on so many levels.

But Obama isn't a Muslim sympathizer, no way.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:19:58 AM EDT
[#33]
I can't even put into words how much this pisses me off.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:21:21 AM EDT
[#34]
WHAT THE FUCK  ?????    obama is the Dumbest mother %ucker on this planet !

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:21:24 AM EDT
[#35]
Tear their rotator cuffs, hamstring them and drop them out of helicopters into the South Atlantic.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:27:20 AM EDT
[#36]
Wow, I really thought this was going to be a WorldNetDaily interpretation jumping to conclusions. More proof that you can't make this stuff up.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:31:26 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

And that is per the order of SCOTUS.
For those who don't keep up with these things, indefinite imprisonment is not exactly an American value.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:38:33 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

For those who don't keep up with these things, indefinite imprisonment is not exactly an American value.

Maybe we could put them up in vacant foreclosures in Florida. Any in your neighborhood?

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:40:06 AM EDT
[#39]
I hear the Caribbean is nice this time of year, and concrete weights are cheap. I hear boat captains are chummy this time of year.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:40:45 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
WHAT THE FUCK  ?????    obama is the Dumbest mother %ucker on this planet !

He's not dumb.  He looks at these people and sees his Brothers.

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:41:32 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

They aren't American, problem solved.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:48:25 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They aren't American, problem solved.

But our government is.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:49:57 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe we could put them up in vacant foreclosures in Florida. Any in your neighborhood?

Xinjiang food is great. Send them on.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:53:28 AM EDT
[#44]
knowing my neighborhood,no doubt if one of these guys were released he would not even make it ot the curb...
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:54:33 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Agreed. Should've been shot in the forehead (so they could SEE it coming) and bulldozed into a mass grave with their fellow shitheads.

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:57:41 AM EDT
[#46]
Think they should be released here in Texas, we'll take care of em!  

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:57:45 AM EDT
[#47]
Guantanamo Terrorists May Be Released Into the United States and Receive Welfare New TopicReplyForwardSubscribe

Why wouldn't we ? This is the same Federal .gov that thought it was a great idea to move 50,000 radical nut Somalis into Minnesota.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:59:23 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed. Should've been shot in the forehead (so they could SEE it coming) and bulldozed into a mass grave with their fellow shitheads.

I don't think summary executions is an American value, either.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 6:00:12 AM EDT
[#49]
Fine.  Let libs be libs. The sooner the better.  The sheeple need to see it in action.

Great commercials for 2010 and 2012.

They will make the Willie Horton ads look like a 5 year old's finger painting hanging next to the Mona Lisa.

http://www.livingroomcandidate.org/commercials/1988/willie-horton

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 6:00:32 AM EDT
[#50]
I just want to thank all the morons that voted for this idiot.

Thanks a lot DIPSHITS.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top