Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2007 7:19:50 PM EDT
I have been growing my beard for several weeks and I enjoy not having to shave everyday. I have kept my beard almost all natural except for everything below the jaw line. My question is should I shave the beard off in the spring when the temps heat up. Also if you have a beard would you post a picture so I could get some style ideas.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 7:21:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Ironically enough, I just five minutes ago shaved off everything except my sideburns and a van dyck.

Probably want to shave it in the spring and grow it in the winter, yeah.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 7:21:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I wear my beard year-round.  It doesn't make that much of a difference heat-wise, at least not to me.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 7:22:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I've never had a problem with my beard being hot in the summer, even with 3"-4" of growth.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 7:25:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 7:25:37 PM EDT
[#5]

I have a full, thick beard year round.  Even in 90+ degrees, it doesn't bother me.  

I shave some off my upper sleeks and jaw line.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 7:31:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Itchy... Hate doing it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 7:32:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Year round beard here.  I don't notice any problem with it in the summer, though it never gets long.  The hair on the top of the head is more of a concern in the heat.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 7:38:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Grow it out, it's liberating.  Haven't put a razor to my face in about a year.  I do keep it trimmed with a beard/moustache trimmer.  I use the trimmer to sometimes remove my moustache.  It looks like I used a razor, but not nearly as irritating  Don't notice it being any hotter in the summer.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 7:41:46 PM EDT
[#9]
tag for pics later.

i dont want to be the first to post beard pics. feels ghey.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 7:49:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 8:06:45 PM EDT
[#11]
I wear a gotee and mustache year round. It's kinda nice in winter here in Wyo, and I don't notice it in summer. The only downside is if it gets wet from the shower, or if I have my collar up outside in the winter it tends to freeze, which is annoying.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 8:24:54 PM EDT
[#12]
I just started growing a beard a couple weeks ago. First time in about 10 years. I've had a goatee for a couple years, and by spring or sooner I'll go back to it. Or I might do a Fu manchu for a couple weeks.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 8:30:57 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I wear my beard year-round.  It doesn't make that much of a difference heat-wise, at least not to me.

Same here. I do keep mine trimmed to ~ an inch - 1 1/2 inch though (I guess, I've never measured it ). I know it's time to trim it when the Russian farmers up around Woodburn start waving at me.

NMSight
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 8:50:46 PM EDT
[#14]
I keep mine all year too.  I don't let it get long enough to make much of a difference heat-wise.  I shave below my jaw and a little bit high on my cheeks (just to give it a line) maybe once every 3 weeks or so.  Sometimes I'll get lazy and let it get pretty long, but it starts looking dirty if I don't keep it up every few weeks.

pretty straight forward beard. not much to offer in the way of style, brah. sorry.

Link Posted: 2/27/2007 9:12:59 PM EDT
[#15]
All I've got on me now is my pistachio.

Most of the time I could care less what my facial hair looks like, but I noticed that I've created a semi-bald spot on my chin from plucking hairs while reading on here.

Quoted:
tag for pics later.

i dont want to be the first to post beard pics. feels ghey.

And rightly so.

Please, no one should post their pics for this reason.
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 1:12:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Haven't shaved my beard in fifteen years. This is the shortest it has ever been, about three quarters of an inch right now. Generally I've kept it about ZZ Top length. In the summer you don't even notice it & you're just as cold in the winter. I work around rotating machinery too, gotta be careful. I get the "Santa Claus" thing from little kids all the time. Watch it kid Santa's got a gun.
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 1:23:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Mine usually looks like cody's most of the time, except for when my boss tells me it's violating the dress policy.
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 1:26:44 AM EDT
[#18]
I wish I could grow a beard.

Stupid gooberment policy!
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 6:41:55 AM EDT
[#19]
I wear my beard year-round.  It's warm in the winter and when I keep it trimmed back a bit more, actually feels cooler in the summer because it keeps the sunlight from directly hitting my face.
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 8:22:28 AM EDT
[#20]
thanks for the info. I have only got a couple of negative comments but I just brush them off. I think I will kepp the beard unless it gets to hot in the summer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top