Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2005 7:44:24 AM EDT
Remember growing up and all the different people you've met along the way?
There were the nice one's, the cool one's, the folks who you never associated with and the one's you wished you never would have?   and the ones you wished you could ?  All along the way the folks you made friends with either stuck and you kept contact or your drifted apart.  Even the folks that you just meet momentarily, that were either acquaintances (sp?nazis?) or friends of friends, we all catagorized them differently.  I remember my dad telling me to never burn bridges... (yall know the rest).   Now that I'm a little older I keep in touch with fewer and fewer friends.  You may not ever remember what they said and what they did, but you always remember how they made you feel.  

What say you?

Do you keep up with old friends?   New ones?  
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:28:31 AM EDT
[#1]
no, dont keep up with old friends barely keep up with family.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:31:05 AM EDT
[#2]
are we having a moment here?
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:46:18 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I know where one guy is from my High School class and three or four from college.  None from the time I was in the service.  Several years ago I made a big effort to contact guys from the past:  had great conversations and promises to keep in touch.  Nothing happened. Oh well, so now I'm just a sour old fart.  
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:59:25 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
are we having a moment here?

no but we are upping our post count
shit...... do you post in your sleep or just when sarge is logged on?

no friends or life , huh?
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 10:48:09 AM EDT
[#5]
This reminds me of that one movie where the guy calls up Steve Buscemi and basically says, "Sorry I was such a prick to you in high school."  He marks his name off a "HIT" list and lays back on the couch after putting on a fresh coat of lipstick.  Crazy man . . . .
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 10:51:28 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Let's see, let's see, let's see here.

"Honey, what's the youngest kids name?"

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 10:58:28 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
This reminds me of that one movie where the guy calls up Steve Buscemi and basically says, "Sorry I was such a prick to you in high school."  He marks his name off a "HIT" list and lays back on the couch after putting on a fresh coat of lipstick.  Crazy man . . . .

Billy Madison.

Steve Buscemi's character was Danny McGrath. Other names on the "People To Kill" were people who worked on the movie.

Yes, I know far too much about that movie.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:02:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Most of my old friends are dead or in jail. I miss many of them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top