Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 12/18/2003 11:24:27 AM EDT
Gary Ridgway was just sentenced to 48 consecutive life terms with no possibility of parole and $10,000 fine per victim. Plus they made him sign a form stating he could no longer own a firearm! Duh ....WTF was that for!
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 11:31:57 AM EDT
If I had been him, I would have refused to sign it.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 11:34:38 AM EDT
Saw it on FOX. Don't see the need for the gun thing. Oh well, won't hurt. Anyone here think they would have told the DA to screw the deal (providing info on his victims in exchange for no death penalty) so he could be fried. Not that you would have much of a say as just one of 48 families. Just a thought.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 11:36:42 AM EDT
Originally Posted By cyanide: If I had been him, I would have refused to sign it.
View Quote
[lol]
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 11:41:47 AM EDT
Originally Posted By cyanide: If I had been him, I would have refused to sign it.
View Quote
But if he didn't, they would not leave the chocolate on the pillow every night.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 2:58:22 PM EDT
This shit pisses me off. The POS kills 48 people, and does not get the chair? Why, because he is helping in the recovery of the remains of the people he killed. Now he gets a trip to club fed, all expenses paid were we, yes you and I will support his ass for the rest of his life. Sure there will be moments of glory for us like when bubba sticks it to him, or the WP folks beat the snot out of him, but he will be alive and livin on our dime. Every second that guy breaths is a disgrace and a slap in the face to the families of the people he murdered and a "fuck you" to the people that spent many years of there lives chasing this guy. The only end that would have been just, is his death, period. CH
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 3:06:00 PM EDT
The portrait of a serial killer. [url]http://www.karisable.com/greenrivergr.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 3:18:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/18/2003 3:20:54 PM EDT by M4_Aiming_at_U]
[i][b]"He read the [red]Bible at work, drank beer and solicited prostitutes for over 20 years[/red] " "He read the Bible at work and tried to save others by continually talking about church and the savior. He went door to door for a Pentecostal church and got angry when people closed their doors on him. According to his second wife, he "would sit at night watching TV with an open Bible in his lap (and) would frequently cry after, or during, the church service." "He repeated filthy jokes or[red] shared tips on how to pick up streetwalkers.[/red] " [/b][/i] Another hypocritical Christian... [v]
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 3:20:24 PM EDT
What is the thinking behind the paper saying he can't own a gun???? Well umm DUH!!!! [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 4:27:35 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 4:47:32 PM EDT
Originally Posted By 1GUNRUNNER: Seeing how he is not going to "club fed" rather a Washington State Pen. I will be paying his way not you. Since he is going away on my dime I am very glad he did not get "the chair"(We still hang 'em here) The trial has exceeded $10 million dollars so far and I will be tickled not to paying for the endless appeals. Now if some other shitbird in Walla Walla shanks him, I'll be tickled pink.
View Quote
Exactly. As a Washington resident, life in prison is cheaper than execution. That's really not the point though. His deal allowed authorities to find new victims and bring closure to families of those victims. If I lost a sister or daughter to this devil, I would rather be able to bury her with love and respect than have him hang in the state gallows and never know what really happened. But that's just me. Cheers, Chris
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 5:10:20 PM EDT
Originally Posted By M4_Aiming_at_U: [i][b]"He read the [red]Bible at work, drank beer and solicited prostitutes for over 20 years[/red] " "He read the Bible at work and tried to save others by continually talking about church and the savior. He went door to door for a Pentecostal church and got angry when people closed their doors on him. According to his second wife, he "would sit at night watching TV with an open Bible in his lap (and) would frequently cry after, or during, the church service." "He repeated filthy jokes or[red] shared tips on how to pick up streetwalkers.[/red] " [/b][/i] Another hypocritical Christian... [v]
View Quote
Yes, there are some like that. But, we're not all like that. Of course, the aberrations will get more notice than the others.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 6:12:50 PM EDT
Seems to me a more appropriate piece of paper to sign would disallow him to own hands, nuts, or a pecker. [rolleyes] I guess there's a risk that a serial-killing psychopath owning a gun is dangerous. Okay for him to possess knives, though. Or explosives. Or sidewinder missles. Or thermo-nuclear devices. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 8:33:58 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Johnny_Reno:
Originally Posted By M4_Aiming_at_U: [i][b]"He read the [red]Bible at work, drank beer and solicited prostitutes for over 20 years[/red] " "He read the Bible at work and tried to save others by continually talking about church and the savior. He went door to door for a Pentecostal church and got angry when people closed their doors on him. According to his second wife, he "would sit at night watching TV with an open Bible in his lap (and) would frequently cry after, or during, the church service." "He repeated filthy jokes or[red] shared tips on how to pick up streetwalkers.[/red] " [/b][/i] Another hypocritical Christian... [v]
View Quote
Yes, there are some like that. But, we're not all like that. Of course, the aberrations will get more notice than the others.
View Quote
Sure I know that. I just didn't like how he went around preached the lord to people then turned out to be such a sinner who didn't even try to make his sins better after 20 years. I have known many "christians" like that.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 8:38:55 PM EDT
He got off easy. Real justice is his demented azz planted 6' under.
Top Top