Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2011 8:06:08 AM EDT
"It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer or the baker, that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own self interest. We address ourselves, not to their humanity but to their self-love, and never talk to them of our own necessities but of their advantages" - Adam Smith.

I will be checking back periodically to watch the train wreck of liberals argue over this, and who believe oil companies are screwing the consumer.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:09:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Can we get a lock please?

Troll thread
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:13:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Creed is gooder!

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:16:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Can we get a lock please?

Troll thread

Adam Smith quotes twist your panties?

Who, precisely, was responsible for your education?

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:16:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Since time immemorial and pre-industrial, 'greed' has been the accusation hurled at the rich by the concrete-bound illiterates who were unable to conceive of the source of wealth or of the motivation of those who produce it. - Ayn Rand

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:16:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
"It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer or the baker, that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own self interest. We address ourselves, not to their humanity but to their self-love, and never talk to them of our own necessities but of their advantages" - Adam Smith.

I will be checking back periodically to watch the train wreck of liberals argue over this, and who believe oil companies are screwing the consumer.

The environmentalist will not be happy until we walking, riding mules, or taking horse drawn carriages to work.  Meanwhile, the elites will keep their limousines and private jets because they pay for "carbon offsets."

The more extreme environmentalists would be happy to sacrifice 80% of the world's population in order to make "mother earth" happy.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:17:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Agreed
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:19:03 AM EDT
[#7]
"Greed is good god"   For those of you who think your life should be driven by paramount selfish interest, and expect and hope that everyone else is driven likewise, I can only pity you.

1 Timothy 6:9-10

9 People who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge men into ruin and destruction.  10 For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:19:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Zombie Adam Smith is greedy for your brains!
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:20:11 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I will be checking back periodically to watch the train wreck of liberals argue over this

Join date, post count, admission of trolling.

IBTL.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top