Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2001 7:31:02 AM EDT
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-000082145oct15.story?coll=la%2Dheadlines%2Dcalifornia%2Dmanual
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 7:32:40 AM EDT
[#1]
[url]http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-000082145oct15.story?coll=la%2Dheadlines%2Dcalifornia%2Dmanual[/url]
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 7:39:07 AM EDT
[#2]
So what? They've still got real nice weather out there.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 8:16:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
So what? They've still got real nice weather out there.
View Quote

Gotta agree, you can still enjoy the fine weather whilst smashing your testicles with a sledge hammer.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 8:17:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Investors should consider the impact this will have on gun sales between now and 12/31/02, especially in the last few months of the period when a lot of people who never owned a handgun decide to get one before the new "hoops" kick in.

Despite its restrictive gun laws (correction: BECAUSE of same) the Occupied California Republic accounts for a higher percentage of US sales of all types of guns (except Class 3) than would be predicted by its population alone.

Besieged Californians also have higher incomes than US citizens in general.

[50]
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 8:42:32 AM EDT
[#5]
I hate that bastard
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 9:29:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Beat me to it...
I need to read further down in the postings.
Exactly right.  As if that is a cure for what ails that goofy state.
Let's see...we need to make some liberals feel good...so we'll sign this law.  If we screw a few gun guys...so what?
Never going back there.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 9:48:44 AM EDT
[#7]
So if I understand this right, the new bill takes effect at the start of 2003??

I hope so...that gives me a year.

Davis is the [img]http://www.tartarus.net/images/people/satan.gif[/img]

sgtar15
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 10:08:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

[50]
View Quote

It also cost correspondingly more to live there, so big deal.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 10:45:15 AM EDT
[#9]
The weather IS worth living here... just means I have to make the occasional drive to the Crossroads of the West Pheonix gun show... Hell, half my shit wasn't legal, state or federal, to begin with.[;D]

Thanx to Governor "Gary Condit-haircut" Davis's incompetence, we can expect him to be gone after the next election... I'm still optimistic.
[b]VIVA LA REVOLUCION!![/b] [uzi]
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 10:55:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Might be because of all the assorted fruits and nuts from Hollywood, plus the insane cost of living for most areas of CA.  Sure, you get nice weather, but you also get Berkely.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 11:06:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Can anyone explain to me how this law will prevent crime? Didn't think so.

If anyone has the time and money, try this. Go buy a handgun. Even get your picture and thumbprint taken. Then FAIL the shooting test (or whatever manipulations they make you do). I feel that the constitution gives us the right to OWN a gun. It does not say you have to be competent with it. Argue that you have the right as a law abiding citizen to own whatever legal guns you want. You just dont want to know how to use it. It is not a F-ing car!

On the bright side, this will force some counties to have public gun ranges. That should rankle some shorts up north and in LA.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 11:26:12 AM EDT
[#12]
The live fire portion of the bill was dropped.  So now you only have to take a class, take a test, submit a thumbprint, undergo a background check, pay the fees, and wait to receive the license.  Then you can go to the gun store, choose a "not unsafe" handgun (I am not making this up, that is the language in SB15.) on the approved list, pay for your firearm, pay more money for another background check and registration, and wait 10 days to pick up your handgun.  If you want more than one, you cannot take possession before 30 days elapse.

So if you want to avoid jumping through the new flaming hoops, you better start planning your purchases now.  Given 13 months left before the law takes effect means you better not want more than 14 pistols.  Keep in mind that a lawsuit to stop these gun laws will not likely stop enforcement of them before the lawsuit is resolved.  At least that is the track record of the courts so far.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 11:38:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Sure, you get nice weather, but you also get Berkely.
View Quote

You had to bring [b]that[/b] up? You must know that place is a sore spot for all true Americans living in California (kind of like Guantanamo must be for Castro).

Despite phone calls, faxes, letters, e-mails to elected representatives, the bill passed and was signed into law. Makes me feel really positive about playing a part in the democratic process.

I never bothered getting a BFSC because I could always show my DD-214 to purchase a firearm. Does the new law still have a provision for that? Or does Gray Davis think that some state mandated safety course is going to teach me more about firearms operations and safety than a highly motivated Drill Instructor?

Link Posted: 10/15/2001 11:47:47 AM EDT
[#14]
I've always said the 2nd American Civil War was going to start in Kali.  Don't make a liar out of me guys.  We're on the brink, I can feel it.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 1:31:12 PM EDT
[#15]
There won't be a civil war.  They pass a stupid law and we bend over and take it.  This is a history we are doomed to repeat again and again.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 1:43:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 1:46:16 PM EDT
[#17]
What does it take to establish residence in a free state?
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 1:54:32 PM EDT
[#18]
its time to bomb this place, tell the navy pilots in afghanistan to save some nukes for kalif, theres plenty-O targets here
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 2:27:41 PM EDT
[#19]
What I don't understand is that if we are going to be forced to take this ridiculous class and test and pay some ridiculous fee, why won't the state just make it a CCW? By [b]their[/b] reasoning, by jumping through these hoops, we've already proven our ability to handle a firearm safely and had our backgrounds checked for criminal histories. So what's left?

I know the answer. Expecting logic and common sense from a government is like expecting [fill in your analogy]. I'm just ranting.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 3:13:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 3:17:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/Big%5FBear%2FNpee%2Egif[/img]Gray Davis
View Quote

ROTFLMAO
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 4:11:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Following along with my earlier post...
I moved from California to Virginia five years ago.  Anyone who wants to know why...just look at what is going on now.  This anti-gun bill is NOT the only piece of liberal, anti-freedom legislation liable to be passed by the liberal California legislature and signed by this governor.  It will only get worse.

Yup, the weather is (for the most part) nice but it isn't worth living there for.

Remember, this is just the first victory for the anti-gunners.  They aren't about to stop now...not with this prize under their belts.
I just hope the NRA and all free-thinking citizens win in the courts.  That law is the goofiest piece of legislation I EVER saw those people pass...and I lived there for many years.  It isn't going to do one damn thing to reduce violent crime and the illegal use of firearms.  What the liberals there...and around the country are really after is a total ban.
Remember that when you go to the polls next election.  If you vote for a [lying] liberal, this is what you reap.

For my fellow Virginians, don't let this fellow Warner fool you either.  He is very liberal and he, like Gray Davis of California, must answer to his liberal Democratic constituency eventually.  Don't be fooled by Warner's BS.  He too would screw us gun owners, given the choice of that or losing his liberal base.

For you guys still there out west and still loving it...I'll keep thinking about you every time I go to the range with my California illegal firearms.

Oh...and the salary issue?  When I moved here I accepted a 25% bump.  Since I moved, I have nearly doubled my wages.  Northern Virginia pay scales are on a par with those urban areas in the Golden State.

Just to pour a bit more gas on the fire...
Out there in LaLa Land, if you own property within 10 miles of the coastline, between the major metro areas, you are NOT free to develop said property.  Total control of land usage is vested 100% in the California Coastal Commission.  To develop your land, you must jump through all sorts of hoops, pay all sorts of exhorbitant fees (Remember, bureaucrats have to feed their families too!), get all kinds of inspections, wait years for approval, then have the state weenies TELL you what you can build, and with what materials, including colors you may build.  The design and decorating police tell John Q. Public what looks 'nice' and accents the surrounding countryside and complements nature and your neighbors' homes too.  Amazin' ain't it?  
[pissed][soapbox][pissed]
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 4:29:20 PM EDT
[#23]
I will take my Colorado weather even if we don't have statewide concealed carry. I am more worried because all these Cali-types move here and vote anti-gun. Maybe we could balance them out with pro-gun Texas immigrants.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 4:52:02 PM EDT
[#24]
This certainly isn't the end of Gun Control in Kali or the rest of the U.S.  The anti's will be bringing this same thing to the other 49 states soon, just like they did with "assult rifles."  Of course it won't stop one bit of "crime" and the anti's will cry about all the "loopholes" in their own law.  Then they'll ask for more and more and more as ineffective law after another is passed.  Clock is ticking ladies and gentlemen, it's only a matter of time until they are all outlawed.  The country will be less safe and you and I will be classified in the same group as the real criminals.  Gray Davis doesn't give a f*%! about my vote or the Constitution.  We can all run from state to state, but it's only a matter of time til we'll have to vote with the cartridge box instead of the ballot box.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 4:53:09 PM EDT
[#25]
While we're at it, let's disarm Northern Ireland.

_
FS

Have fun going door to door, I'm sure someone will keep the light on for you.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 5:17:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Why nuke Kali? Just wait for the next big earthquake to split up the state.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 5:30:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I will take my Colorado weather even if we don't have statewide concealed carry. I am more worried because all these Cali-types move here and vote anti-gun. Maybe we could balance them out with pro-gun Texas immigrants.
View Quote

Why would we leave paradise? [:D]  Personally, if I move anywhere, it's Utah.

God Bless Texas.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 5:45:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Well, well. Looks like Davis lied to Kalifornians again.It was just this spring that he said he would'nt sign any more gun control bills.
When they get this new requirement on buyers fully implemented, their next step WILL BE to licence ALL handgun owners in the state. Mark my words.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 6:11:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Of course he lied!  He is a liberal Democrat!  Only a fool believes anything they say.  Remember Clinton???  Davis is his good bud and a party hack just like Bill was.  He will say and do anything to win...but once in office, then his true liberal colors come out.
Shame on any gun owner living in California who voted for him...for whatever reason.  Don't complain...'cause you're part of the problem.
[soapbox]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top