Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2010 3:20:42 PM EDT
Pinal County grandfather shoots 2 burglary suspects

A Pinal County grandfather shot two alleged burglary suspects inside an Arizona City home.

The sheriff's office says 58-year-old John Miller was babysitting his grandchildren early Sunday when he heard a noise.

He went to investigate and detectives say he confronted two teenagers who entered through the garage.

A confrontation ensued and Miller shot both intruders.

An 18-year-old was treated for a non-life threatening injury and a 16-year-old is listed in critical condition at Maricopa Medical Center.

The sheriff's office said no charges are expected to be filed against Miller because he feared for his safety and that of his grandchildren.

Both teens will be charged with burglary upon their release from medical care, the sheriff's office said.

Nice shoot John Miller!
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:22:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Hopefully that'll learn em.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:23:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Here is hoping the bad guys croak.  Good for Cramps.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:24:04 PM EDT
[#3]
His lawn.

Get off it.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:28:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Problem is, both sets of parents will sue Grandpa out of his retirement.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:28:49 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Is that possible in AZ under current law?
Also , is this the same shooting that has been mentioned on the board a few times now , the one where the LEO was quoted in saying something like 'Don't rob people in AZ , you might get shot' or something to that effect?

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:29:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:

No.  Arizona is not Illinois.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:30:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Can't do that in Ohio.  Next of kin do not get to file suit.

Castle doctrine FTW.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:32:36 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can't do that in Ohio.  Next of kin do not get to file suit.

Castle doctrine FTW.

Most states that have passed castle doctrine, or similar laws very clearly state that you can not be sued for a justifiable homicide or self defense case. Interestingly enough , CA is that way too.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:34:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Once again, you can thank Harry Fish for this happy situation:

http://www.haroldfishdefense.org/
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:36:33 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Also , is this the same shooting that has been mentioned on the board a few times now , the one where the LEO was quoted in saying something like 'Don't rob people in AZ , you might get shot' or something to that effect?

"People in Arizona carry guns," said Detective David Ramer, a Chandler
police spokesman. "You better be careful about who you are picking on."

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2010/09/05/20100905chandler-shooting-two-dead.html

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:39:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

No.  Arizona is not Illinois.

I knew there had to be something else I liked about AZ.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:44:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

"People in Arizona carry guns," said Detective David Ramer, a Chandler police spokesman. "You better be careful about who you are picking on."

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2010/09/05/20100905chandler-shooting-two-dead.html

No, I posted that article your speaking of last week and this a completely different one that happened either today or yesterday.  in the last 3 weeks there has been 5 pieces of shit shot with 3 of them dieing in justified shootings and these are just from the ones i have read on AZcentral, not sure if there have been others that haven't been publicized.  Here's my last 2 threads of the other shootings:  AZ good guys have been busy cleaning the streets!!!

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=1087647

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=1086058
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:46:35 PM EDT
[#13]
That would be a good shoot in CA based on the info presented..........

Brian
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:55:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Love my state, minus the invasion...
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:07:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Good point!  I definitely rather we wouldn't be forced to use our firearms against others at all, but good to know our state and media will back us up if we have to defend ourselves.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:07:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Old Dudes –– don't fuck with 'em.  They're too old too fight and will just kill you or fuck you up.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:11:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Old Dudes –– don't fuck with 'em.  They're too old too fight and will just kill you or fuck you up.

Goes right along with the adage "Old age and treachery will defeat youth and enthusiasm".

Go Old guys!
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:13:09 PM EDT
[#18]
That's my sheriff. If you watched the video, he says at the end, when things are all sorted out, this guy should get a medal.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:45:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Good for him. Hopefully those fuck heads get their shit straight. At 16 I was more interested in pie then I was at robbing someone.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:03:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good point!  I definitely rather we wouldn't be forced to use our firearms against others at all, but good to know our state and media will back us up if we have to defend ourselves.

Yeah, I think the bulk of the state has grown very tired of the 'sympathizers'.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:16:13 PM EDT
[#21]
too bad he will get raped in the civil suit
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:42:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
too bad he will get raped in the civil suit

13-413. No civil liability for justified conduct

No person in this state shall be subject to civil liability for engaging in conduct otherwise justified pursuant to the provisions of this chapter.

ARS 13-413
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:49:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Love AZ more and more each day.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 10:14:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Pinal County grandfather shoots 2 burglary suspects

A Pinal County grandfather shot two alleged burglary suspects inside an Arizona City home.

The sheriff's office says 58-year-old John Miller was babysitting his grandchildren early Sunday when he heard a noise.

He went to investigate and detectives say he confronted two teenagers who entered through the garage.

A confrontation ensued and Miller shot both intruders.

An 18-year-old was treated for a non-life threatening injury and a 16-year-old is listed in critical condition at Maricopa Medical Center.

The sheriff's office said no charges are expected to be filed against Miller because he feared for his safety and that of his grandchildren.

Both teens will be charged with burglary upon their release from medical care, the sheriff's office said.

Nice shoot John Miller!

, Lucky little scum bags.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top