Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/30/2005 5:13:22 PM EDT
My BIL had one of his pilots take this pic of GI as they were ferrying helicopters back to base. Not as bad as we thought it would be.  Looks like my mothers house survived.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 5:26:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Well it looks like the motel on the beach, the fire dept. and the high school are all still intact. Also the Starfish restaurant and the daiquiri shop next door are still standing. Actually came out pretty good considering. I heard on the radio that 5-7 people stayed behind on the island and are missing.
Pang, does your Mom live on the island? What's her name? I work for "the" major oil company that has a gas plant and heliport/dock on the island. How did you end up in Tennessee all the way from Grand Isle?
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 5:34:17 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Well it looks like the motel on the beach, the fire dept. and the high school are all still intact. Also the Starfish restaurant and the daiquiri shop next door are still standing. Actually came out pretty good considering. I heard on the radio that 5-7 people stayed behind on the island and are missing.
Pang, does your Mom live on the island? What's her name? I work for "the" major oil company that has a gas plant and heliport/dock on the island. How did you end up in Tennessee all the way from Grand Isle?

Mommas house is on Adam Lane. Look down the lane from the firehall. On the left you'll see a large green two story with an impossibly white roof on the lane to the left. Her house is the blue one to the right of that house partially obscured by a chicken tree.  My BIL works for PHI at the Exxon heliport.  I wasn't born on GI and moved to Tennessee chasing a job.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top