Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2008 8:49:14 AM EDT
I have to write  a thank you note for a job interview. I was interviewed by 3 men. I only have one person's address. So how do I list the men? You, Steve & Joe. Steve Joe & Yourself? TIA zeekh
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 9:56:08 AM EDT
[#1]
To be formal, find out the address of the other two people and send each one a thank you note.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 11:07:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I believe "Messrs. Tom, Dick and Harry" is correct
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 11:21:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Each one gets an individual note. Send them to the company address.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 11:51:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Thank you notes rarely affect your immediate hire these days.

The decision is usually already made by the time the receive them.  However, they may help if the candidate they have chosen, not you, turns down the position or later if they have an opening come up.

But it still is in your best interest to send them.

Link Posted: 1/20/2008 11:53:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Dear sirs...
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 4:18:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the replies. Unfortunateley I only know one man's last name and he is the big boss. The other 2 men would be people I actually work with. I still wanted to include thier names in the Tanks You letter. Job won't be filled until Feb 2nd so I want to make a good impression.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 4:37:09 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Thanks for the replies. Unfortunateley I only know one man's last name and he is the big boss. The other 2 men would be people I actually work with. I still wanted to include thier names in the Tanks You letter. Job won't be filled until Feb 2nd so I want to make a good impression.

If in the interview you did not make a good enough impression, then a "Thank You" note prolly won't help.
IMHO, a thank you note will make you sound too desperate for the job, hence making the income offer letter a bit lower than you may wish.
Stand tall and strong, that is what they are looking for anyways..

Good luck on the new gig
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 4:47:13 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If in the interview you did not make a good enough impression, then a "Thank You" note prolly won't help.
IMHO, a thank you note will make you sound too desperate for the job, hence making the income offer letter a bit lower than you may wish.

Good luck on the new gig

"Mr Jones, I want to that you for the interview and the opportunity to meet your staff, including Tom and Dick from the shipping department.  I appriaciate the time they spent showing me your operation....  "

Keep it very short.  Also depends on how traditional a company is, or how old school the hiring Manger is.  Don't write one that makes you sound deperate, but in our office it would be a noticed positive, and would help as a tie breaker and could make a difference in a close call.

But depends on the person and the corporate culture of the company.

Good Luck
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 7:11:11 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good luck on the new gig

"Mr Jones, I want to that you for the interview and the opportunity to meet your staff, including Tom and Dick from the shipping department.  I appriaciate the time they spent showing me your operation....  "

Keep it very short.  Also depends on how traditional a company is, or how old school the hiring Manger is.  Don't write one that makes you sound deperate, but in our office it would be a noticed positive, and would help as a tie breaker and could make a difference in a close call.

But depends on the person and the corporate culture of the company.

Good Luck

Perfect THANKS!
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 7:38:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Call the secretary and ask for correct names, titles, and addresses of the people who interviewed you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top