Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/31/2004 8:25:16 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/31/2004 8:25:58 AM EST by hk940]
I suspect the Govt. Looks at this board and they are likely to run sting operations in the EE and do other things but someone starts a thread buying or selling something like this guy wanting to buy a beta-c mag and you point it out, aren’t you interfering with a police sting operation and can’t you be prosecuted for it?
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:28:04 AM EST
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:29:10 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/31/2004 8:29:49 AM EST by mjohn3006]
Mr. Mason??? Mr. Mason??

No no no...Not ATF!!! He was in CTU until the end of the second season of 24!
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:33:09 AM EST
Why would that be a BATFE sting?

There are plenty of Beta mags that are preban and legal for civvies to own.

The guy is stupid for paying $400, since he can wait 2 weeks and pay $250, but other than that, what is the problem?
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:37:51 AM EST
To put it another way, say there is a hooker standing on a street corner. You have a hunch she is a cop like there are unmarked vans all around her or she looks odd. Would an example interfering be to shout out that she is a cop and not to go near her? Or post a sign saying so?
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:39:46 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/31/2004 8:42:06 AM EST by HKocher]

Originally Posted By hk940:
To put it another way, say there is a hooker standing on a street corner. You have a hunch she is a cop like there are unmarked vans all around her or she looks odd. Would an example interfering be to shout out that she is a cop and not to go near her? Or post a sign saying so?

Why would you want to do something like that?

I think prostitution laws are silly (we all pay for it one way or another), but I've got no desire to interfere in police business.

Or I suppose you are just using this as an example. Either way, if someone is doing something illegal (unless he or she does not know that the behavior is illegal) they are on their own and won't get any assistance from me.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:49:42 AM EST

Translation: You're a Fed and you're trying to discourage interference in your sting.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:53:45 AM EST

Originally Posted By markm:

Translation: You're a Fed and you're trying to discourage interference in your sting.

Hit.

I personally don't give a fluck. If I think someone's trolling for a bust, I point it out. Go bother some fucking gangbangers or muzzies. Leave us alone.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:46:33 AM EST
WHAT is a Beta C-mag?

Ben
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:48:39 AM EST

I think you are on to something markm...

IT’S A (don't interfere with my sting) TRAP!!!

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:57:23 AM EST
Yep!
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:00:06 AM EST

Originally Posted By fadedsun:
WHAT is a Beta C-mag?

Ben

100 round magazine.

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:00:30 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/31/2004 10:01:31 AM EST by hk940]
oh yea, i'm a fed...
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:03:45 AM EST

oh yea, i'm a fed...

Translation: FUCK! My dumb ass has been made!
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:06:22 AM EST

oh yea, i'm a fed...

Not again. (That’s twice this month).

No really I am also a SEAL.

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:18:40 AM EST
I highly doubt the "feds" would troll this board as much as you think...
The membership of this website is pretty well versed in the basic firearm laws (IMHO)...

You dont see many posts like "Hey...Im looking to buy (or sell) an illegal autosear", or "How do I make my AR into a full auto"...or "Ive got LEO magazines for sale".

We are smarter than that...and law abiding, I would like to think.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:20:01 AM EST

oh yea, i'm a fed...

Not again. (That’s twice this month).

No really I am also a SEAL.

This is too funny guys. Some of you need ot get out of your LAZYBOYS and quit thinking everyone other than yourself may be a FED. I know this guy personally, does that make me a FED or a snitch or just that I know your full of it?
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:23:36 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/31/2004 10:23:54 AM EST by markm]

Originally Posted By Slumlord:
This is too funny guys. Some of you need ot get out of your LAZYBOYS and quit thinking everyone other than yourself may be a FED. I know this guy personally, does that make me a FED or a snitch or just that I know your full of it?

Translation: Our whole Infiltration of AR15.com is now on the brink of collapse. I'm taking everyone down with me!
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:24:31 AM EST
Christ... I can't even imagine why the Feds would be bothering a bunch of under-sexed old farts sportsmen on a board like this.

Don't they have drug dealers to disarm and sodomize incarcerate?

Gah... what has the government become? BATFE.... pfffft.

- BG
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:36:47 AM EST

Translation: Our whole Infiltration of AR15.com is now on the brink of collapse. I'm taking everyone down with me!

Mark, I hope your joking around there buddy, becuase if not that tin-foil had has really started cutting off your circulation. Other than questioning what would make something illegal or not what made you think HK940 was a FED? You lost me there somewhere......
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:39:47 AM EST
why would the Gov try to do a sting operation on a legal magazine? Sometimes I wonder about you guys...
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:44:23 AM EST

Originally Posted By mike45acp:
why would the Gov try to do a sting operation on a legal magazine? Sometimes I wonder about you guys...

Ding, Ding, Ding...................we have a winner!!!
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:46:30 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/31/2004 10:47:10 AM EST by hk940]
careful there Mr Slum.
your about to pop your 1K cherry.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:47:14 AM EST
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:50:40 AM EST

Originally Posted By Sweep:

WHAT is a Beta C-mag?

Ben

A set of balls for your AR.

See pic above.

Damn man that was a good one
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:55:17 AM EST
No, you cannot be prosecuted for interference, even if it were a sting. If it was a sting, its a bad one.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:13:21 AM EST

Originally Posted By Sweep:

WHAT is a Beta C-mag?

Ben

A set of balls for your AR.

See pic above.

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:20:44 AM EST

Originally Posted By Balzac72:
No, you cannot be prosecuted for interference, even if it were a sting. If it was a sting, its a bad one.

yea, that's just what a Govt thug would say. face it B.
our dynasty is over.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:32:26 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/31/2004 11:33:47 AM EST by chrism101]
Hey Now I want a CLEAR Beta C mag- Thats pretty bitchin'. I was planning on getting one after the 14th. But If I really could get a clear one that would rock. Atleast you would know approximately how many rounds are left, Instead of was that 75 rounds and I have 25 left or was that 95 and I have 5 rounds left.

Sting, Why ? Do you think they want to work with only 2 weeks to go, Hell NO!

Now is this was Sept. 15 1994, we might have had a problem.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:43:48 AM EST
Erm, off topic but I don't really trust them plastic mags. Does it have the strength to hold up, since it has to be so thin to fit in the magwell?

It would have to be like the thickness of a regular steel or aluminum mag wall, correct?

- BG
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 12:04:57 PM EST
The feed tower is prone to cracking (been there done that, got the replacement from Beta).
When $242 Beta-C's are avalible I might buy one again and cut up a cheap 30 round USGI mag to use as a feed tower.

Originally Posted By BUCC_Guy:
Erm, off topic but I don't really trust them plastic mags. Does it have the strength to hold up, since it has to be so thin to fit in the magwell?

It would have to be like the thickness of a regular steel or aluminum mag wall, correct?

- BG

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:00:46 PM EST

Sorry, but you could certainly be prosecuted for obstrcution of justice. What crack pipe did you pick up and start smoking?
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:17:10 PM EST

Me thinks you are right.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:17:53 PM EST

Like they run ---- good ones ?
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:23:04 PM EST

Originally Posted By SC-Texas:

Sorry, but you could certainly be prosecuted for obstrcution of justice. What crack pipe did you pick up and start smoking?

Since Balzac is a fucking prosecutor himself, I'd think he would know.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:30:41 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/31/2004 1:32:09 PM EST by SC-Texas]

Originally Posted By QuietShootr:

Originally Posted By SC-Texas:

Since Balzac is a fucking prosecutor himself, I'd think he would know.

Well, parden the fuck out of me. Since I am a criminal defense attorney in Houston, TX, one of three areas I practice in, I might know a little also at least in Texas.

Hey Balzac, Could the obstruction statute be used like this?
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:34:37 PM EST

I suspect the Govt. Looks at this board and they are likely to run sting operations in the EE and do other things but someone starts a thread buying or selling something like this guy wanting to buy a beta-c mag and you point it out, aren’t you interfering with a police sting operation and can’t you be prosecuted for it?

They are coming for us!!

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:41:10 PM EST
I can't imagine that warning someone that they are about to commit a crime is a crime. That sounds like simple good advise to me. Not unless you were specifically directed by the agency in question to keep your mouth shut.

I also can't imagine that warning someone that they are stupid to seek out a Beta-C mag two weeks before the ban expires, at almost 2x the new price, is nothing more than friendly.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:42:17 PM EST
It could only be a "sting" if it involved something illegal...
Beta-C's are, and always have been legal...No different than a WTB ad for a 30rd mag...

I don't see what the fuss is about.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:57:49 PM EST

Originally Posted By Dragracer_Art:
It could only be a "sting" if it involved something illegal...
Beta-C's are, and always have been legal...No different than a WTB ad for a 30rd mag...

I don't see what the fuss is about.

+1
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:38:53 PM EST
I wish the FBI guys would catch some of them psychopolitician critters that hang out here, warping my brain and all.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:43:22 PM EST

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 3:33:30 PM EST

Mark, I hope your joking around there buddy, becuase if not that tin-foil had has really started cutting off your circulation. Other than questioning what would make something illegal or not what made you think HK940 was a FED? You lost me there somewhere......

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:04:58 PM EST

Originally Posted By napalm:

gilbertv.com/coppermine/albums/06012004/sarcasm.jpg

Sarcasm is great, but MarkM did not come across that way, given his previous posts on this thread. Maybe he needs lessons in the use of smilies.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:14:06 PM EST

Except that you're really dense if you think that's a sting...

$400 right now will easily buy a LEGAL CMAG...

Top Top