Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2004 10:16:33 AM EST
Heard on Glenn Beck. Pennsylvania sent out absentee ballots late to Iraq. They will not be able to make it back to Pa by November 2nd. Rendell was requested to allow 2 additional weeks for the military votes to come back in, and he refused. Scott O'Grady, rescued pilot, is pushing the charge to get this issue push mainstreamed. Rendell does not have the authority to do this.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 10:17:40 AM EST
And since when has lack of authority stopped them?
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 10:18:40 AM EST
PA members call 717 787 2500 and let the Governor know what you think...
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 10:19:33 AM EST

Originally Posted By Zaphod:

Scott O'Grady read from the PA law that this issue can only be decided at the county level. He also said Wisconsin is trying to do the same thing.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 10:21:04 AM EST
MAN! O'Grady just said that a Democratic Handbook has a section on how to disqualify the military vote. The dems want to disqualify the votes of the men and women willing to die to defend our freedom. THIS IS WRONG!
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 10:23:57 AM EST
I heard about this on the radio today on my drive into work. I don't think it has been confirmed yet, but it wouldn't surprise me.
Kerry will probably win PA anyway. I've been saying this all along. Too much has been made about PA being a "swing state" - it isn't.
Bush did the right thing to campaign hard here, but he will need some help from lady luck in order to win here, such as some very good news in the war on terror, etc.. Doesn't look like that's going to happen.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 10:24:56 AM EST
haha...you can't even get thru to him on it. You are redirected here... www.votespa.com.

The recorded message says..the governor is very aware of the situation..fuckin communist!

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 10:24:57 AM EST
Does anyone else find it odd that the left is so willing to screw with people who are armed?
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 10:28:46 AM EST

Originally Posted By jkstexas2001:

Originally Posted By Zaphod:

Scott O'Grady read from the PA law that this issue can only be decided at the county level. He also said Wisconsin is trying to do the same thing.

Yup. Heard the same is going on here
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 10:29:38 AM EST

Originally Posted By motown_steve:
Does anyone else find it odd that the left is so willing to screw with people who are armed?

Why do you think they try so hard to disarm us and cut military funding.
Fuck 'em, were the ones with the guns.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 10:33:13 AM EST
Actually, this was a DNC move. (if I remember correctly)

It has to do with Nader and the DNC taking him to court. They protested his signatures to have him removed; it was appealed, and upheld by the state SC. The benefit was that they did not have a final ballot till it was too late to send to Iraq.

Which is seen as a unexpected bonus for the DNC.

(or I have my shit all wrong)

-LS
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 10:38:31 AM EST

Originally Posted By longshot_va:
Actually, this was a DNC move. (if I remember correctly)

It has to do with Nader and the DNC taking him to court. They protested his signatures to have him removed; it was appealed, and upheld by the state SC. The benefit was that they did not have a final ballot till it was too late to send to Iraq.

Which is seen as a unexpected bonus for the DNC.

(or I have my shit all wrong)

-LS

Your shit is right on
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 10:45:46 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/25/2004 10:46:11 AM EST by jkstexas2001]
You know, I've been to the PA Gov's mansion. Its right next to the river. Would it be possible to find someone who looked like Rendell (but is a conservative), ride up there on a zodiac at night, and switch them?
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 10:47:24 AM EST

Originally Posted By jkstexas2001:
You know, I've been to the PA Gov's mansion. Its right next to the river. Would it be possible to find someone who looked like Rendell (but is a conservative), ride up there on a zodiac at night, and switch them?

I suppose its possible but there aren't many people in PA as fat and ugly as him
Top Top