Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2006 4:49:45 AM EDT
After much hard work by alot of folks here in Indiana, next Tuesday Governor Daniels will sign a lifetime Carry License for Indiana residents which will go into effect on July 1st of this year. First in history for civilians and hopefully this will encourage other states to follow suit and push for the same in their own states.
There is one part of the bill that we are not happy with, but legislators who are for this say they will work next session to get that part of the bill removed.
HB 1176
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 4:53:15 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
After much hard work by alot of folks here in Indiana, next Tuesday Governor Daniels will sign a lifetime Carry License for Indiana residents which will go into effect on July 1st of this year. First in history for civilians and hopefully this will encourage other states to follow suit and push for the same in their own states.
There is one part of the bill that we are not happy with, but legislators who are for this say they will work next session to get that part of the bill removed.
HB 1176

What is the bad part?  Did they get through the amendment about employers not regulating firearms in cars?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 4:57:27 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
HB 1176

What is the bad part? Did they get through the amendment about employers not regulating firearms in cars?

No that was dropped to get the permit passed.
A copy of form 4473 will be forwarded to the Indiana State Police within one month of the gun sale
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:01:05 AM EDT
[#3]
My CCW lapsed while I was working in Korea last year.
I haven't renewed because I've been waiting for this.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:01:30 AM EDT
[#4]

A copy of form 4473 will be forwarded to the Indiana State Police within one month of the gun sale.

Ouch.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:03:49 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

A copy of form 4473 will be forwarded to the Indiana State Police within one month of the gun sale.

Ouch.

my sentiments exactly. I fear this is a backdoor way of getting "gun registration" in Indiana. So I will buy as many guns as I can afford between now and July 1 and then hold off until next session and see if they can get this taken care of.  
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:44:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Shit that does suck!
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:46:49 AM EDT
[#7]

The dealer shall forward The copies a copy of the forms shall be mailed or delivered Form 4473 signed by the purchaser to the state police department before the last day of the month following the sale.

What exactly is their rationale for that?

(b) A dealer may not sell, rent, trade, or transfer from the dealer's inventory a handgun to a person until the dealer has done all of the following:
       (1) Obtained from the prospective purchaser written consent to a criminal history check, a completed and signed Form 4473 as specified in section 3 of this chapter.

So, will renting a gun at a range require a 4473???

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top