Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2001 9:27:19 PM EDT
Ok I was thinking of getting a few of thou's government loans that you don't have to pay back to start my own business. I know of a few places that would give me the money to start this.

I'd like to know would you guys take the money to start your own business or would you just do it the old fashion way?
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 9:29:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 9:29:16 PM EDT
[#2]
That was your money in the first place dude.

Do you want to know if you should take it back?

Let me see[:\]...........YES!
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 9:30:55 PM EDT
[#3]
If you pay taxes, might as well.

Wouldn't a loan you don't have to pay back be called a grant?  Might be some credit problems in the future if it's not paid.  Just a thought.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 9:31:33 PM EDT
[#4]
If the dollars are appropriated, the Gov't feels like you would be repaying the loan in the taxes you would generate for them.

Therefore, you are already repaying the loan, by staying in business... and appropriated dollars are going to go somewhere, why not you?

I'm not one for welfare or handouts (not yet) but I will take some help when I need it.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 9:38:42 PM EDT
[#5]
From what I found out you don't have to pay any of the money back.

They do this so that there are more job's for people to have and this makes the guy in the white house look good the next time reelections comes up.

I don't know what one I should go with a buffalo farm or a knife making shop. The buffalo farm you get a hell of a lot of money do to your raising and "exotic" animals that was on the endangered species list (There dame good eating to.)But I also love making knives or maybe I'll open up my own gun shop. Don't know.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 9:43:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

They do this so that there are more job's for people to have and this makes the guy in the white house look good the next time reelections comes up.

I don't know what one I should go with a buffalo farm or a knife making shop. The buffalo farm you get a hell of a lot of money do to your raising and "exotic" animals that was on the endangered species list (There dame good eating to.)But I also love making knives or maybe I'll open up my own gun shop. Don't know.
View Quote

In other words, you want to work the gun shows selling buffalo jerkey and homemade knives.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 9:45:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey, how much $$$$ are we talking here?

$10k
$20k
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 9:47:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

In other words, you want to work the gun shows selling buffalo jerkey and homemade knives.
View Quote

That sound good to me!!!! I really don't know what I want to do yet and I may have to be 25 before I'm able to get this money anyway. Do to they don't like giving young people money that don't have life experience yet. It's only 3 more years for me anyway.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 9:56:35 PM EDT
[#9]
[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid27/p81d339ab05ba243f04a8cd953f5016d7/fe2d2db0.jpg.orig.jpg[/img]

You'll need one of these to haul your warez around the show circuit.

Imbrog|io owns this particular example.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 10:00:39 PM EDT
[#10]
The Government would never take your money, so dont dare take theirs.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 10:47:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Take all you can get. ------------ Then send it to me and we will keep it at my house!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 1:03:33 AM EDT
[#12]
If a rober steals your wallet and he droped  $20 while getting away would you pick it up? Take the MONEY!
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 4:00:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Gunplay:  YES!  YES!  Exactly!  I could not have said it better.
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 4:19:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Poor Imbro.  What happened to him, haven't heard from him in a while.  At least now we know where he goes to take off his tin-foil hat.  [:)]
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 5:22:44 AM EDT
[#15]
No government ever gave anything to anybody without first taking it away from the man who earned it.

Take the money.
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 5:55:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Heck yes!  Take your money back before some POS elected official spends it.

When you get the $$$$$, PLEASE provide detailed instructions on how you did it!

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 9:12:07 AM EDT
[#17]
DO NOT TAKE THE MONEY.

It will encourage the government to take more to replace it.

"No strings attached?"

How about the fact that they took it from all of us at gunpoint so that they could have money to now give you?

That's not a string, it's a rope.

"IF a robber..."

I'd get the prick, not be "satisfied" he didn't take it all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top