Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/1/2001 12:18:12 PM EDT
Just ordered a bunch of ammo from ammoman.com this week, delivered yesterday.  Am going to be doing some rabbit/prarie dog hunting over X-mas and was stocking up...

Anyway, the plano police (suburb n. of dallas) sent someone out to check out my place today.  Squad car stopped out front for about 15 minutes to fill out some kind of report.

Was just wondering if the government was now checking into all ammo sales greater than a certain number of rounds...

I bought quite a bit:
700 rounds of .223 match grade for varmint hunting this X-mas.
500 rounds of .45 as an X-Mas present for my brother.
500 rounds of 38 special that my dad wanted me to order for him (he does not have internet access).

Makes me sad that big brother is watching in this country now...  Effing terrorists/liberals.

-allan
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 12:23:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Humm.... Time for the tinfoil hat dude..
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 12:24:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Why don't you elaborate more on exactly what they did.  All you said is they stopped in front of your house to fill out some type of report.  
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 12:24:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 12:28:47 PM EDT
[#4]
So how do you know they "sent" someone over to check out your place?

Did you just happen to see a cop sit in front of your house for a while and assume that?  Or did you speak with him?

That's not a lot of ammo.  I typically order 2k or more at a time.
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 12:35:15 PM EDT
[#5]
It is definitely possible that he just stopped out front to fill out something unrelated...  But the street I live on is not "just off" a main street...  I live deep in a subdivision.

Maybe im just paraniod that we are turning into an orwellian society.

Was not implying that ammoman is "reporting" us.  I am a satisfied customer and will continue to take advantage of his great prices.  Maybe UPS...

All he did was stop outside for 15 minutes, remained in the car filling out some paperwork and ocasionally glancing at the house.

-allan
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 12:40:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It is definitely possible that he just stopped out front to fill out something unrelated...  But the street I live on is not "just off" a main street...  I live deep in a subdivision.

Maybe im just paraniod that we are turning into an orwellian society.

Was not implying that ammoman is "reporting" us.  I am a satisfied customer and will continue to take advantage of his great prices.  Maybe UPS...

All he did was stop outside for 15 minutes, remained in the car filling out some paperwork and ocasionally glancing at the house.

-allan
View Quote

Or is it possible one of the neighbors complained to the PD about speeding vehicles, or not seeing patrol cars?? Or maybe the officer knew it was a quiet street so he could park there and do some "important" paperwork in relative peace and quiet. He was probably looking around every once in a while so that he stayed familiar with hsi surroundings......
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 1:56:34 PM EDT
[#7]
You should have taken some of that ammo and shot at him.  That would have taught "them" a lesson for parking in front of your house!!!
WE cant stand for coincidences like this.

What's next?  A police officer being on the same road that you are, after buying some ice cream?
THIS HAS GOT TO STOP!!!!

BISHOP
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 2:05:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 2:15:59 PM EDT
[#9]
with 'that much ammo', maybe they felt safe parking there...[:D]
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 2:51:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You should have taken some of that ammo and shot at him.  That would have taught "them" a lesson for parking in front of your house!!!

What's next?  A police officer being on the same road that you are, after buying some ice cream?
THIS HAS GOT TO STOP!!!!

BISHOP
View Quote

dude this isnt ass web [:D]
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 3:05:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

THIS HAS GOT TO STOP!!!!

BISHOP
View Quote

dude this isnt ass web [:D]
View Quote

LMAO!!!
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 5:13:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

THIS HAS GOT TO STOP!!!!

BISHOP
View Quote

Guess I deserve this...

[B)]

Link Posted: 12/1/2001 5:27:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Funny, the same thing happened to me a couple weeks ago, except it was 2 cop cars! My wife was home and she called me at work, said there were 2 cop cars out front. I only live a mile away, and I came home right away and they were gone. I had taken delivery of some parts the day before. Probably a coincidence.
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 5:37:07 PM EDT
[#14]
My UPS guy stopped smoking because of me.......he was afraid to!
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 5:52:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 6:03:48 PM EDT
[#16]
(1)  Cops have to fill out paperwork SOMEWHERE.
(2)  They want to do this in a quiet place, without much traffic, where they feel safe... as they are looking at the paperwork and not at their surroundings.
(3)  They don't want to be perceived by the general public as "goofing off", so he was probably glancing around to see if anyone was taking notice of him.

I have walked up on a cop doing his homework, to ask if everything was alright.  I startled him, and he seemed a little upset (with himself) that I surprised him.

I just received ammo (from ammoman) and no cops or black choppers here.
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 6:12:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

THIS HAS GOT TO STOP!!!!
BISHOP
View Quote

OMIGOD!!

That's unbeliveable! Maybe this isn't just a coincidence!
 Yesterday morning , I went to the local donut shop & TWO police cruisers pulled up at the same time!![(:)]
 Both of the officers followed me into the donut shop & ordered donuts right after I did.
In fact one of them ordered some chocolate iced rings & the other ordered some cinnamon sugar donuts.
 I ordered chocolate ice rings & cinnamon sugar donuts too!!!!!! [:O]
 Then when I left they where right behind me on the way out of the parking lot BUT I drove the long way home to make sure they weren't following me!!

WHEW!!  Creepy!   [shock]
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 6:13:30 PM EDT
[#18]
I've heard/read rumors that UPS is reporting "significant" ammo deliveries
to  LE types.

FWIW
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 6:13:59 PM EDT
[#19]
You cant fool me.

You are all part of a gummint conspiracy to cover up my findings!

I can hear the choppers now...

Any minute, guys in black suits and masks will be busting down my door.

[8D]
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 8:10:13 PM EDT
[#20]
[b]"You cant fool me.

You are all part of a gummint conspiracy to cover up my findings!

I can hear the choppers now...

Any minute, guys in black suits and masks will be busting down my door.

"[/b]
Get real, we aren't scedualed to kick-in your door until next week.  Don't shoot back or run, we don't miss.

BISHOP
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 8:16:05 PM EDT
[#21]
I won't try to blow smoke up anybody's *ss by saying that the government doesn't lie, but all of this paranoid, conpsiracy theory garbage seems to be getting more and more out of hand.
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 8:24:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Many of you must be too young to remember the days of "signing the book" (Federal law) every time you purchased any ammo that would fit in a handgun.
View Quote

I used to buy a fair amount of .22LR in those days at Montgomery Wards.  Good deals, dumb clerks. It's amazing how much ammo Mickey Mouse & Superman bought.  Donald Duck bought a black powder revolver kit, too.
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 8:47:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I won't try to blow smoke up anybody's *ss by saying that the government doesn't lie, but all of this paranoid, conpsiracy theory garbage seems to be getting more and more out of hand.
View Quote

Aaaah.  The ringleader of the conspiracy has revealed himself!

Please stop surveiling my house, listening to my phone calls, snooping my DSL connection, and going through my dirty laundry.

[whacko]

Link Posted: 12/1/2001 8:55:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Did all of you already forget about the member here who ordered 16 lbs of smokeless powder and was visited by the cops after UPS snitched on him? Maybe all5n's experience was just a coincidence, but given all of the "domestic terrorist" hysteria that is sweeping the country, it would not surprise me if the private carriers (UPS especially) aren't "accidently" breaking open gun related packages and informing the cops like good little sheep.
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 9:12:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Don't make fun of Black Helicopters... its a bad feeling.  I brought a house once with several hundred tomato plants under pine trees in the back yard.  The day of closing I went for the final inspection in the morning and saw blades about a foot over the top of the roof.  Went in the back yard to see what was up... Flat Black Helicopter with no markings, quiet mode, and guy in full tactical gear hanging off the side with one foot on the skid.  He was checking out the tomatoes... pulled them all up that evening.  Not funny... always believed the Black Helicopters were a joke.  The pilot was very good, he only had six feet on either side to work with...
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 7:27:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Sounds a wee bit paranoid.  Then again, I ordered several thousand rounds in various calibers from Ammoman and had the same thoughts, but mostly that some dumb neighbor would piss their pants and turn me in as a terrorist and then I would have to "explain" myself to some grumpy cops who always seem to assume the worst.

The UPS guy delivered 100lbs. of ammo in five boxes (all clearly marked with Fiocchi and other things suggesting the contents).  The UPS guy didn't even bat an eyelash.  This being the south, I'll be he delivers ammo to a lot of guys.  

Be careful, but don't be paranoid.
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 7:39:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 1:12:59 AM EDT
[#28]
I always have my ammo shipment delivered to my office. That way it's a 'business' addy. All they guys know I shoot and want me to open it up so they can see my new toys.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 2:09:04 AM EDT
[#29]
all5n - I know you can't be too careful nowadays, and some police officers/departments are jerks, but I would bet the farm that this was coincidence.  What do I base this judgement on?  Lived in Plano for 20 yrs, don't live far from there now.  

Pulled over last night on my way to work by Frisco PD - hands palinly in sight , interior light on, ccw and driver's license presented at the same time  per law, answered his questions and ASKED officer if he wanted anything before getting it (not searching/digging for insurance, picking up gun bag and saying "here it is", other bonehead stuff, ect).  Got a ticket (like I should have) and the officer in parting made it a point to mention that he noticed and appreciated my ccw etiquette.  We told each other to be safe and were on our way.

Stop by Lone Star Guns if you're bored sometimes - good gunsmiths up there if you ever need any work done - I'm a part timer there.  I'm would guess there are some firearm neophytes and all around goobers on the Plano force, but I talk personally to some real firearms enthusiasts and all around good guys that are PPD pretty regularly.

Have a good one and don't worry.

Tate
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top