Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2005 9:29:10 PM EDT
...Opehlia inbound....a precident has been set.....will they take gun there too?
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 9:30:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Category 1 hurricane?

Nah. Wimps.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 9:33:11 PM EDT
[#2]
We rode out the last category 2 that hit us. I'm not worried. But if that sucker picks up speed and power past 2 I'm heading for the hills on Monday.

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 9:34:16 PM EDT
[#3]
And it is two days out?  And we evacuate the outer banks days early if it is strong enough?  

Thank goodness racism didn't make us forget to be prepared.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 9:37:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
And it is two days out?  And we evacuate the outer banks days early if it is strong enough?  

Thank goodness racism didn't make us forget to be prepared.  

funny shit
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 9:43:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Last weather report I saw had it curving over Richmond before heading back out to sea after hitting NC.

I live next to a creek now, and worry about the rain.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 9:45:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I hope they stash some of their guns and ammo...
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:10:04 PM EDT
[#7]
California is prone to earthquakes, and there hasn't been a big one for a while now.

We should go ahead and declare a State of Emergency, and get them evacuated.  Do it for the children.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:16:36 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
California is prone to earthquakes, and there hasn't been a big one for a while now.

We should go ahead and declare a State of Emergency, and get them evacuated.  Do it for the children.

Actually if your being sarcastic declaring a state of emergency two days early is a good thing.  We usually always do that here........and everything turns out fine.

We know this hurricane is coming but we can't predict earthquakes so there is a difference.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:20:13 PM EDT
[#9]
NC has been hit so many times by these storms since 1996(Fran was the worst for me and our property).  In my opinion, everyone has had experience getting ready.  I'm sure we will be much better off than LA.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:23:15 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

We should go ahead and declare a State of Emergency, and get them evacuated.

Yeah, to France.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:27:53 PM EDT
[#11]
What do you think would happen if we trapped a bunch of white, North Carolina, country people in a sports arena for four days and pretended there was a flood outside?
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:32:31 PM EDT
[#12]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you think would happen if we trapped a bunch of white, North Carolina, country people in a sports arena for four days and pretended there was a flood outside?

A Line dance off ????
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:33:07 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

For some reason I see a jon boat, 12 pack, shotguns, and fishing poles.

"Damn bo, we got striped bass in that water"
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 12:40:56 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

They'll form a new basketball league and sell it on Pay-Per-View.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 12:44:08 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Sounds like your typical football weekend in the south at least here in Tennessee-God love em
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 12:53:12 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

For some reason I see a jon boat, 12 pack, shotguns, and fishing poles.

"Damn bo, we got striped bass in that water"

I used to live in NC BTW.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 2:22:52 AM EDT
[#17]
LA should go to NC to see how to handle hurricane evac.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 2:41:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Damn, my wife and son are right in it's path while I'm 7000 miles away.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 2:47:03 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Gun show.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 2:53:04 AM EDT
[#20]

no, but they might as for voluntary surrender of all firearms
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 2:53:58 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gun show.

That there's funny, I don't care who ya are.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 3:04:05 AM EDT
[#22]
If we do get hit again like we got from Ivan last year, I'll:

1)Get lots of overtime and with the money I will

2) Buy more guns, like I did last year!

I'll bet if you got a bunch of white people holed up in one place during a storm they'll actually know how to behave...
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 4:08:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Concealed Handgun Permit not valid during state of emergency in NC.

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 4:14:08 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

No but open carry on ones own property is still valid.

BTW NC coast line is not a welfare area like NO is or was.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 6:23:59 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

So does that mean with this declaration, you guys can't carry concealed until it's lifted, or does it apply to a locality, or up to the sheriff, or what?  I guess what I'm asking is if all those people in for example Greensboro have to stop CCW because of the declaration?
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 6:30:53 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Depends, are they from Raleigh? if so alot of bickering and traffic jams to the head.
From the beach? They'd be slinging coke and looking for weed and beer hey
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top