Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2004 10:06:17 AM EST
One question I alwas ask from my eharmony matches are their views on socio-economic issues.

She's a teacher. Rattles off some values which I like.

Then she utters this.

"I do believe in some form of gun control -- people should certainly be able to have hunting equipment, but who needs an assault rifle?"

See ya!
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:13:52 AM EST
just go along with it, then slowly show her what a nutcase you are.

Girls don't understand guns you have to slowly expose them to them.

Its going to be really tough to find a lady who actually likes guns especially a black rifle.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:15:57 AM EST

Originally Posted By Mak762:
just go along with it, then slowly show her what a nutcase you are.

Girls don't understand guns you have to slowly expose them to them.

Its going to be really tough to find a lady who actually likes guns especially a black rifle.

Yeah, what he said.

Bring her over to the dark side.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:19:39 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:23:06 AM EST
Poke er in the pooper and then see what she says. lol.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:23:49 AM EST
The fact that she was so eager to bring up her views on gun control without me even asking her about them tells me she is fairly adamant about them. That, and she is adopting the kindler, gentler semi-pc "sporting purpose" approach to firearms regulation.

There were other issues as well. My attitude towards internet dating is that they gotta be damn near perfect over the internet for me to even bother. I was in the "4th stage" of communication with this one and she STILL wouldn't reveal her picture to me...which to me implies an insecurity with her her appearance. I hate to seem superficial, but like I said, when it comes to meeting chicks on the internet, I gotta have the whole ball of wax.

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:43:47 AM EST
Do you send them your avatar picture?

Bob
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:48:02 AM EST
When I was seperated from my wife, and fucking everything that moved, the topic of gun control never came up.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:49:36 AM EST

Originally Posted By Zippy_The_Wonderdog:
One question I alwas ask from my eharmony matches are their views on socio-economic issues.

Then she utters this.

"I do believe in some form of gun control -- people should certainly be able to have hunting equipment, but who needs an assault rifle?"

See ya!

That tells you everything you need to know... Unless she's sleeping with underage students.

Damn, THAT was a teacher I'd like to bone!
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:53:07 AM EST
I wasn't sure how I felt about guns, seeing as how I'd never shot one. Then the (soon-to-be) boyfriend took me tot he range where I developed a case of black rifle fever that has yet to be cured.

Give her a shot. She might change her mind. It's possible.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:54:37 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:54:40 AM EST

Then she utters this.

See ya!

Hey, hate to take away from your topic. How are you making out with Eharmony? I signed up, but have yet to pay after the matches were found. Have you met and decent chicks, or are they all head jobs?
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:55:49 AM EST
Move on.

Don't even bother.

CRC
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:07:44 AM EST
Nay! To do so would only encourage reckless wantonous behaviour! The fire in the maidens Netherregions would intensify like coals stirred to life from a 'Smith's bellows...causing them to froth about like a rabid hound thirsting for my flesh...seeking only to devour in a wild, orgous frenzy. To coax my Divine Liquid from its Reservoir in order to extinguish their Volcanic Desires buried deep in their loins...

Originally Posted By Ky_Bob:
Do you send them your avatar picture?

Bob

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:10:29 AM EST

Nay! To do so would only encourage reckless wantonous behaviour! The fire in the maidens Netherregions would intensify like coals stirred to life from a 'Smith's bellows...causing them to froth about like a rabid hound thirsting for my flesh...seeking only to devour in a wild, orgous frenzy. To coax my Divine Liquid from its Reservoir in order to extinguish their Volcanic Desires buried deep in their loins...

burning loins
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:16:15 AM EST
If her views on other subjects show that she isn't a flaming liberal, I'd say give it a chance. She's probably never met anyone who liked Evil Black Rifles(tm). You might have a chance to convert someone in a typically hard-core liberal career.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:22:26 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/6/2004 11:25:13 AM EST by Zippy_The_Wonderdog]

Originally Posted By Miss_Magnum:
Post a picture of yourself.

Seriously... it kills me to see guys bitching about wanting to find the "perfect, hot woman" when they have less than "everything" to offer themselves.

I never said perfect and hot. Damn near perfect...well...yes. How about very interesting and moderately attractive?

I am picky, like all people SHOULD be. Been married and divorced...which probably contributes to my sensitivity in what I see as early warning signs for problems down the road. Like I said, there were other issues in her personality profile which contributed to me "locking her out." Just posted her one comment on this site as it is a firearms site...but I guess I did jump the gun a bit in regards to posting a nitpicky point.

That being said....[jersey]How you doin?[/jersey]

Here I am as featured in eharmony. You asked for it. Laugh all you want.

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:23:43 AM EST

Originally Posted By Miss_Magnum:
Post a picture of yourself.

Seriously... it kills me to see guys bitching about wanting to find the "perfect, hot woman" when they have less than "everything" to offer themselves.

OWWWWWWWWWW......now that hurt, even me........

BTW, I am not looking for the PERFECT HOT WOMAN, just for the PERFECT HOT WILLING WOMAN FOR RIGHT NOW, .......
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 12:54:06 PM EST
Next time, stuff a sock in your pants like Robert Plant and Tom Jones used to. then the beyatches will be all over you!!
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 1:01:11 PM EST
Try smiling in you next picture. Your not fat or bald, so your better off than alot of men.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 1:07:11 PM EST
send her this link.

have you tried using a pic from the range? heheh..might be interesting.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 1:23:32 PM EST
Great view of your deck Zippy! I am jealous!!

Dram
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 1:29:21 PM EST
Yeah-he's right-a guy who likes guns who isn't a fat, lard-assed, bearded, long-haired, cammie-wearing, SKS-toting, chain-smoking freak. Very rare!
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 1:29:56 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/6/2004 1:32:07 PM EST by sgtstinger]

Originally Posted By die-tryin:
Poke er in the pooper and then see what she says tell her you own several "assault rifles". lol.

Fixed it for you...heh heh heh
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 1:41:23 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 3:24:58 PM EST
For those who have asked or IM-ed me about eharmony...

I have been a member now for a little over 2 months. I have never done "internet dating" before but their use of a complete personality profile to match people up intrigued me, so I filled out their forms, got my preliminary matches, and subsequently joined up on a discounted offer at a reduced monthly rate as well as a "two-fer"...sign up for six months, get six months free. If you're gonna try it out, try it out.

In that time I have met only one person via eharmony. We hit it off quite well at first and spent a fair amount of time with each other over the course of about 2 1/2 weeks.

Then things took a turn for the weird. The short off it was she pulled off a strange, rude stunt stemming out of her suddenly apparent paranoia that was way out of line...and I quickly ended the relationship.

That has been it thus far. I got a fair amount of hits in my neck of the woods at first, but lately not too many. Like I have said, I am more picky about such match ups over the internet vs. the real world. So, no, if I don't find the girl cute, sorry. Out. Same with statements that they have a hard time trusting people, or make hints that they are at times suicidal....I'm not kidding either. I am only being realistic. In the case of the girl in this situation, there were other marks against her as well besides her ignorant comment I pointed out. Never saw her picture either.

If you are considering joining eharmony, my one recommendation is to make sure you post a pic where people can actually SEE WHAT YOU LOOK LIKE. You wouldn't believe how many people post pics which are blurry, dark, overexposed, or reeeeeeeeallly tiny.
Top Top