Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2002 12:21:13 PM EDT
I still hate my job. However, I think I may be able to tolerate it now. My company just implemented an employee rewards program. You get nominated by you peers and managers, as well as our advisors in the field. You then get tokens that can be redeemed for merchandise. Roughly 5 tokens for each instance. Employee of the Month you get around 100 tokens.

Well, I looked at the catalog of merchandises that we can get and you get the ussual appliances and such. Gift Certificates. Etc. So I keep flipping and low and behold. There is this one page!!!! Browning Shotgun. Browning A bolt Stalker Rifle. Ruger 10-22. Bushnell scopes. Hunting Knives. Wooohooo!!! I would need a 1200 tokens for the Shotgun and 150 for the Bushnell red dot. I already have 50 tokens. Gotta do some ass kissing big time I guess, instead of my current "fuck off and die" attitude.

Now I hate this company less.
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 12:23:29 PM EDT
[#1]
lordtrader hates his job, and now they're going to give him guns.

Is it just me....
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 12:26:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
lordtrader hates his job, and now they're going to give him guns.

Is it just me....
View Quote

[evil laugh]MWUAHAHAHAHA[/evil laugh]
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 12:31:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 12:40:41 PM EDT
[#4]
They used to give out plaques.
Once in awhile a card with $20 on it that is redeemable in the company's cafeteria.

Once I got a stock option that was quoted at $5 higher per current market value for each share. That option might of have been a deal say 5 years before I received it.

Now we just get a 8.5'x11" piece of heavy weight paper that says "Thanks For Letting Us Take Advantage of You!"
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 12:45:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I really hated the last job I had. But I did make out like a bandit for a few years. I was awarded $500 for perfect attendence on two ocassions. I won $1000 for doing something that someone else thought was was excellent on two ocassions. I won a five day trip to Las Vegas (staying at Bellagio) and $1200 cash at the company Christmas party. They're still a bunch of cockhogs though!
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 12:48:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I really hated the last job I had. But I did make out like a bandit for a few years. I was awarded $500 for perfect attendence on two ocassions. I won $1000 for doing something that someone else thought was was excellent on two ocassions. I won a five day trip to Las Vegas (staying at Bellagio) and $1200 cash at the company Christmas party. They're still a bunch of cockhogs though!
View Quote

Same sentiments here.
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 12:59:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't get me wrong: I'm in favor of anything his company can do for him that will turn Al's frown upside down. If he's happy, maybe we can keep him here in Texas.
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 1:17:09 PM EDT
[#8]

I still hate my job. However, I think I may be able to tolerate it now.
View Quote

You're lucky!  At least you have a job.  

The unemployment rate here in the Dallas area is around 10% or 11%.  I'm a Telecom Engineer and was one of the many laid off before 9/11 last year.  Well, I actually do have a job - seasonal (part time)employment at Lowe's hardware.  I'm probably the only Lowe's cashier with a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering (Magne Cum Laude). Its the best I can do until things get back to normal.  I'm also lucky that my wife still has her job with the city of Plano.  

The job situation aside, I love Texas!  We're like our own little country down here.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 1:21:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

The unemployment rate here in the Dallas area is around 10% or 11%.  I'm a Telecom Engineer and was one of the many laid off before 9/11 last year.  Well, I actually do have a job - seasonal (part time)employment at Lowe's hardware.  I'm probably the only Lowe's cashier with a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering (Magne Cum Laude). Its the best I can do until things get back to normal.  I'm also lucky that my wife still has her job with the city of Plano.  

The job situation aside, I love Texas!  We're like our own little country down here.  
View Quote

Me two buddy, I am in the Telecom Industry as a RF Engineer with a Co. that is presently doing terrible.
I have somehow made it through the last layoffs. If things don't pick up soon I will be adding to the unemployment percentage rate before Fall.
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 1:23:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

Me two buddy, I am in the Telecom Industry as a RF Engineer with a Co. that is presently doing terrible.
I have somehow made it through the last layoffs. If things don't pick up soon I will be adding to the unemployment percentage rate before Fall.
View Quote

Welcome to the club.
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 3:26:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Time for a Start-Up!  How about a piece of metro optic gear?
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 5:16:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 5:17:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Time for a Start-Up!  How about a piece of metro optic gear?
View Quote

I've got plenty of room for it in my house.
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 5:33:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 5:44:32 PM EDT
[#15]
You're not kidding about unemployment.  I've been out of work for over 4 months, and have no prospects in sight.  I applied to be a janitorial supervisor, and didn't even get an interview.  And I have a good work history, excellent references, and a Master's degree.  Go figure.  I'm getting writer's cramp from filling out so many job applications.

Quoted:
If you get to Huntsville, let me know.  I'm about 35 mins away, and I come up often to meet with a friend that lives there.  Plus, there's a nice unregulated range in the Nat'l Park nearby.
View Quote

I go to Huntsville about 4 times a year.  I wasn't aware of any good spots out there.

[(:|)]
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 5:47:21 PM EDT
[#16]
... TX?  Wear the fox hat.
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 6:19:32 PM EDT
[#17]
I agree about the job market. I went to a job interview on Tues. in Seattle. I followed up with my recruiter to see if she had gotten a feedback yet, and she told me that they saw 10 applicants that day for the same job. And that they have been/will see 10 a day for the next 2 wks before they make a decision. I have not been able to get a lot of interviews here in TX. In the past year I have been called in for 2 interviews in TX. Non of which panned out. Its tough all over. Next Weds. I go to an interview in VA. We just hired a guy in my work that has his MBA in a customer service position. Its tough out there.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 6:59:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top