Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/23/2005 1:43:41 PM EDT
Got my Miami Classic for a Springfield 1911...the leather is butter-soft, looks great, and the rig is comfortable to wear. No more IWB carry, this works much better for me.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 1:51:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Love mine.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 1:53:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 1:55:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, his products are outstanding.
Don't talk to him about the NRA, or the Second Amendment, though.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 1:56:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Que?
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 2:00:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Excellent Choice!,quality craftmanship leather thats worth every Dollar spent on it I have four belt/holster rigs and not one complaint.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 2:12:09 PM EDT
[#6]
About four or five years ago here on this forum,
there was a thread about Galco holsters.
There was a member here who actually worked
for Galco.
He posted his experiences working at Galco.
Rick Gallahger absolutely forbade his employees
to speak about the NRA, the Second Amendment or anything that
sounded like the citizenry owning guns.
The general atmosphere of the company was that
of firearms should only be in the hands of the military and police.
Gallagher actually fired someone who tried to recruit employees
for the NRA.
In short, he was a antigun tyrant who did not want to be seen associating with
the rabble of regular armed citizens. He wanted to be seen as a supplier
for the military and police ONLY.

That said, I have a Galco Concealable, and a COPS3 holster.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 2:14:36 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
About four or five years ago here on this forum,
there was a thread about Galco holsters.
There was a member here who actually worked
for Galco.
He posted his experiences working at Galco.
Rick Gallahger absolutely forbade his employees
to speak about the NRA, the Second Amendment or anything that
sounded like the citizenry owning guns.
The general atmosphere of the company was that
of firearms should only be in the hands of the military and police.
Gallagher actually fired someone who tried to recruit employees
for the NRA.
In short, he was a antigun tyrant who did not want to be seen associating with
the rabble of regular armed citizens. He wanted to be seen as a supplier
for the military and police ONLY.

That said, I have a Galco Concealable, and a COPS3 holster.

Hmmm!  If true this will definitely mean no more Galco for me!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 2:17:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Which of Galco's competitors makes a rig like the Miami?  If his attitude is true, he does not need my money.  Any verification/truth to this?  Can someone with access look that up?
Matthew
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 2:19:10 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Which of Galco's competitors makes a rig like the Miami?  If his attitude is true, he does not need my money.  Any verification/truth to this?  Can someone with access look that up?
Matthew

I too was about to order a galco holster .. this very month .. until I read that.  I'd like to know more.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 2:22:49 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Matthew

I too was about to order a galco holster .. this very month .. until I read that.  I'd like to know more.

I had a friend give me a "Jackass Rig" for my 1911. The price was right and all it needs is a little sprucing up.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 2:29:14 PM EDT
[#11]
I had the same reaction when I first read that thread long ago,
as I had a Galco holster for my Glock.
I wish I could repost it, but it was in 2000 or 2001.
It seemed so bizarre to me. I couldn't understand why.

In my humble opinion, Galco makes the best
mass produced holster of all. They make a holster that
fits my needs better than any other manufacturer does.
To get any better, you would have to get a hand made holster from
a private individual.

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 2:36:21 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

a private individual.

Try Desantis, very good quality, and most are much thinner than similar Galco offerings.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 2:44:16 PM EDT
[#13]
have an orginal Jackass,,,had it for ever....love it...ultimate shoulder holster
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 2:44:32 PM EDT
[#14]
I've got the Galco S.O.B and the Silouette High Ride.  Both are great.

I've also got the Desantis S.O.B., but the Galco one is more comfortable and made with better quality leather.  The Galco also holds tighter to the body.

For those that use the Miami Classic, do you ever have the urge to take off your coat but don't do it b/c you are CCW, or are you an LEO that can open carry, or do you live in an open carry state?
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 2:44:55 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

a private individual.

Try Desantis, very good quality, and most are much thinner than similar Galco offerings.

GunGuy, will do.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 3:36:36 PM EDT
[#16]
I have an old Fed Paddle. I don't know about their politics but I like their holsters.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 3:48:11 PM EDT
[#17]
ARDunstan,

Not that I doubt you or anything, but I live in AZ and have for the last nine years or so. I also work in the gun industry and have met many owners and operators in the gun industry in AZ.

I was at the Galco shop about 3 years ago and was buying a few holsters from them in person. They open the showroom every other Friday for a few hours to the public. They sell extras and over-runs at a discount at the showroom. You can also get out of production items as well. Sometimes you can get movie holster returns.

We were all drooling over the movie holsters framed on the wall. You know, the original Jackass from "Miami Vice" and Cage's dual 1911 rig from "Face Off" and such. Mr. Gallahger walked into the showroom looking for something. I recognized him and introduced myself and asked him a few questions about the rigs on the wall. He spent several minutes with us and was a pretty nice guy to us. He knew I wasn't a cop when I made my introduction and obviously in the middle of paying for several holsters at that minute. I got no indication he was upset at my purchase or that he was "anti-gun."

I have also ordered several holsters from them without a hitch.  They obviously sell to lowly "civilians" all the time. I own 7 or 8 Galco holsters - all purchased new, from Galco. I have a Jackass for my USP45C and an SST for my USP45F.

I have never seen anything posted supporting your post, although it could very well be true.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 3:54:25 PM EDT
[#18]
2 Galco Concealments (2 different weapons) and 1 Royal Guard. The Royal Guard is an expensive sum-beech but it is the only IWB that I have ever worn comfortably and it is worth every penny.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 4:27:36 PM EDT
[#19]
I sure hope what I've read here about his politics isn't true..his company sure stitches up some great products.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 4:32:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Milt Sparks, Lou Alessi, Mitch Rosen, Mernickle... all put Galco to shame.

His anti-gun policy, if true, is just one more reason not to buy Galco.

Once you own a good handmade holster, you will never buy a cheap carry holster again.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 4:41:03 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Once you own a good handmade holster, you will never buy a cheap carry holster again.

Galco is anything but cheap!  While I agree, your choice of holsters mimicks mine, Galco makes a fine product, some being as much or more than a lot of Milt Sparks offerings.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 4:42:29 PM EDT
[#22]
I wore out a Galco belt holster in ONE WEEK.

Too much oil in the leather.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 4:52:44 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
2 Galco Concealments (2 different weapons) and 1 Royal Guard. The Royal Guard is an expensive sum-beech but it is the only IWB that I have ever worn comfortably and it is worth every penny.

isn't the Royal Guard almost exactly the same as a milt sparks summer special?
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 4:56:46 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

They are also made by hand and pretty high in price. That said, Galco's stuff ain't cheapinexpensive, and I was unimpressed with the shoulder holster I got from them.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 4:59:36 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Galco links
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:42:00 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Galco links

Learn to read.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:47:46 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Galco links

Learn to read.

I read "NRA", "NSSF", and "Shooting USA".  Unless I'm missing something, I'll 2nd the BS post.  It's amazing how one person cant tell a story and change so many people's minds about something.  Very sad.

That being said, Galco makes a fine product.  They may not be the best in the world, but they do the job well.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:50:28 PM EDT
[#28]
I've got Miami Classics and Silhouettes for both my Kimber and S&W 66 2 1/2".  I love Galco products.

HH

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 11:04:20 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Galco links

Learn to read.

I read "NRA", "NSSF", and "Shooting USA".  Unless I'm missing something, I'll 2nd the BS post.  It's amazing how one person cant tell a story and change so many people's minds about something.  Very sad.

That being said, Galco makes a fine product.  They may not be the best in the world, but they do the job well.

Learn to read MY posts.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 11:20:11 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
have an orginal Jackass,,,had it for ever....love it...ultimate shoulder holster

Me too.... No CCW here, but when I go to the farm to shoot, ill wear it.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 3:34:39 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Rick Gallahger absolutely forbade his employees to speak about the NRA, the Second Amendment or anything that sounded like the citizenry owning guns... ... Gallagher actually fired someone who tried to recruit employees for the NRA. In short, he was a antigun tyrant who did not want to be seen associating with the rabble of regular armed citizens.

ARDunstan, I'm sorry if I'm misunderstanding you.

If what you said above is true, then why would the Galco website have links to:
1) The NRA - The largest civilian gun rights lobbying organization in the world, and obviously pro 2nd Amendment
2) The National Shotting Sports Foundation - another pro 2nd Amendment organization who supports shooting as a sport
3) Shooting USA - A firearms media outlet who viewership consists primarily of civilians through cable television, who offer tips and information on everything to do with firearms.

Galco offers a complete line of 'Sporting Collection' holsters that are not designed with LEO and Mil in mind.  One of their holsters is named "The Ultimate Second Amendment" and another called "The USA" which according to the website, was requested by the civilian market.  I'll also quote the website saying "civilians have found Galco to represent the highest quality the industry has to offer".

That's all I can find at a glance of their website.  So I guess I'm just misunderstanding what you mean when you say "Don't talk to him about the NRA, or the Second Amendment".  Is there something I'm not reading or understanding correctly?  Galco is HIS company, isn't it?

Link Posted: 12/24/2005 4:18:11 AM EDT
[#32]
Check out the banana!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top