Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/12/2002 6:23:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/12/2002 7:01:46 PM EDT by lordtrader]
I have to go to CA due to a death in the family, so I had to do get a ticket outta here on short notice. Called a few airlines and most had what is called "berievement fares" However most only have 25-35% discount on current fares. American Airlines cut their fares almost 60%!!! Woh!!! Direct flight even. All other airlines do not have direct flights out of Dallas. Wonder why that is? Although it is flying a day later than I had wanted, that's just a minor inconvenience. Nevertheless, I make it in for the rosary mass service, viewing and the funeral. Now that's bending over backwards for your customer. So I got a flight out on Fri. with an open return flight at no charge. Guess what, they have me as a customer for life.....or at least till they fuck me over. My luck they will lose my luggage when I get to San Jose on Fri. afternoon. Then I'll be the only pall bearer wearing shorts and tank top.
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 6:37:31 PM EDT
Sorry to hear about the death in your family. I've never flown AA. I think I've flown Alaska, Northwest, Southwest, United, and Delta. Maybe a couple others that later went out of business. Alaska and Northwest treated me good every time but Delta sucked. I was hoping Delta was just having a bad day, but after using them 6 or 7 times, I've come to the conclusion they just suck.
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 6:57:53 PM EDT
Sorry about your loss LT. Nice thing of AA to do. I had to take a "berievement flight" one time, don't recall the details, but the cost was far less than had it been a normal fare. Little hint: When I air travel, I always take two suitcases, put dress and fun clothes, in each suitcase, just in case.
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 7:27:46 PM EDT
Sorry about the loss of a family member. I just purchased two tickets to Florida today from AA. Glad they treated you nice. medcop
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 11:23:47 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 3:45:27 AM EDT
I recently flew AA from Norfolk, VA through DFW, to San Jose, CA then to St Louis for the BRC. From there I drove back with a friend. AA has always treated me right. They also have more room in their planes. Those commercials about taking out seats and giving you more leg room wasn't BS. I mean the extra leg room made for a very comfortable flight, without worrying about reclining, or the person in front of you doing so. Their fares have always been reasonable, and they donated a worn out jet to the Air Marshalls to train on a long time ago. All in all I fly them whenever possible, because they've always treated me right. Ross
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 4:46:22 AM EDT
Originally Posted By DVDTracker: If you have time, do you want to get together for lunch or dinner or some range time? I'm not too far from San Jose.
View Quote
Maybe a plan. The funeral is on Tues. Will be busy this weekend with stuff though. I should be free later in the week. Just need to meet with lawyers. I am actually going to be in Stockton. If I recall correctly you mentioned you are in Antioch? I will shoot you an e-mail tonight.
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 4:50:51 AM EDT
Sorry to hear of your loss, LT. It was nice of AA to do that. I used AA for my flight to the BRC and I have no complaints. And yes, there was a bit more room in coach than I have seen on other carriers lately. South West had me cramped in pretty good on a trip to Phoenix a few years ago.
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 5:10:28 AM EDT
AA did the same for me. But it as for a medical emergency. My dad was having open heart surgery. Same day flight as the day he was admitted, NC to RI, $350. When the full fair was something like $7-800 (it way have even been as high as $1,400. They say the mind is teh first thing to go. [:D] ) LT - Sorry to hear of your loss. May the blessings of God be yours at a time like this.
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 5:14:30 AM EDT
Originally Posted By lordtrader: ...they have me as a customer for life.....or at least till they fuck me over.
View Quote
Ahh.. this phrase will live on in immortality forever!
Top Top