Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/21/2003 10:58:28 AM EDT
in prep. for braces.

I started out on Diazapam (Valium) the day of the extractions and now I'm on Percocet and Ibuprofen. I feel like shit. Dizzy and nausous. I've been like this for three days, taking Percocet every 3-5 hours that I am awake, sleeping for 3-5 hours 30 mins afterward. Not to mention when it wears off the pain and swelling is the worst I've ever felt.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 11:18:50 AM EDT
[#1]
BTDT with the daughter. Most of the pain may be due to the swelling. Can you get a scrip from the dentist for prednisone? That should relieve the swelling and a lot of the pain. For an "excavation" of that magnitude, he should have had you on the prednisone a couple of days prior to the work, continuing for a couple of days after.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 11:33:05 AM EDT
[#2]
I had all 4 wisdom teeth along with 4 molars and 2 bicuspids in one operation for braces when I was 15, I feel your pain
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 11:38:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Don't drink anything that is carbonated and don't use drinking straws.

[nono]
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 11:41:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Smoke a cigarette you'll feel much better!!!
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 11:47:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I had my upper jaw cut loose and split for expansion, and they just gave me tylenol 3.  I looked like I had been hit in the face with a basdeball bat.  Wisdom teeth were nothing...
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 1:02:55 PM EDT
[#6]
been like this for three days??

you should really start feeling better my friend...

did the doc give you antibiotics?? take your temperature and make sure you aren't running a fever..

the nausea and dizziness may be due to the meds...ibuprofen can be tough on the stomach, especially if he gave you maximum strength...

when i had my wisdom teeth extracted, they also had to cut away some bone as well...as soon as i got home, i iced for 15 minutes out of every hour...no swelling or bruising...

seriously, if you are really feeling like shit and not getting better, call your doc NOW...may need to examine, change or add meds...no need to be this miserable..call your doc...

Link Posted: 6/21/2003 1:24:01 PM EDT
[#7]
After my operation I felt like shit for at least a week, if not longer
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 2:05:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
After my operation I felt like shit for at least a week, if not longer
View Quote

Only had my wisdom teeth removed when I was 26 and it hurt like a bitch for about the same amount of time.  I think I lost 10 lbs in 8 days....
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 2:28:52 PM EDT
[#9]
I guess I must be real lucky and/or real weird. I never grew wisdom teeth. Sounds like I missed out on all kinds of fun shit...!
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 4:21:41 PM EDT
[#10]
on the site that hurts like a bitch they had to cut the bone. I just woke up up again, and no pain. I think the Percocet has worn off, and that what I am hoping for because it only hurts a little bit.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 4:27:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Smoke some pot and you'll feel much, much, much better!!!
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 4:30:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Smoke some pot and you'll feel much, much, much better!!!
View Quote

marijuana is the stupidest shit.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 4:38:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Just a joke, fartface.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 4:48:49 PM EDT
[#14]
I know, butthead.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 4:58:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Good, hope you feel better.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 5:49:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Well...that is quite a bit to have pulled in one day.

I thought I was a bad ass when I had all four wisdom teeth pulled and was back at work an hour later!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top