Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2004 2:46:43 AM EST
Dear XXX,

Tonight's debate was a decisive victory for John Kerry because America saw him as our next president. He showed strength, conviction, and a steady command of the facts. He offered clear plans for Iraq and fighting terrorism.

George Bush has a record of failure to defend, and he failed to defend it. The president just gave us more of the same shallow promises.

However, the Republican spin machine is already hard at work. We need your help to beat back their distortions. Right now we need you contact the media and speak your mind.

Contact national media using the link below and remember to emphasize the points above.

http://volunteer.johnkerry.com/speakout/tv

Thank you,

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 2:52:02 AM EST
"We need your help to beat back their distortions."

---------------------------------------------------------

I don't think there were any distortions. I watched the post debate News coverage on CNN and FOX and did not see where anyone skewed the facts. Also, I don't think President Bush did badly either. I think he was steadfast on his convictions. I'll be voting for him.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 3:35:03 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/1/2004 3:40:09 AM EST by GonzoAR15-1]
Main distortions I saw were from Kerry:

1. Claimed that RNC had to shut down subways under MSG during the RNC convention. (False).

2. Claimed that we guarded oil facilities instead of "nuclear facilities" (False. Iraq HAS nuclear facilities? Quick! Call Hans Blix!)

3. Claimed that Korea violated its paper thin agreement with Clinton's administration only after Bush came into power (False. N. Korea has been fucking us sideways on that deal since at least 1997-98).

4. Tried to sound like an involved intelligent immersed intelligence guy, telling his story about viewing KGB documents under "TREBLINKA SQUARE" (False, and a major GAFFE. Treblinka was an extermination camp for Jews, Kerry apparently meant to refer to Lubyankaya Square. So instead of sounding involved and intelligent, he succeeded in offending a number of historians and probably a sizeable chunk of even the democrat leaning jewish voters -- over 300,000 polish and european jews were exterminated in treblinka. He clearly made a mistake, but he went out on that limb unnecessarily).

In addition to the above, I was most offended by Kerry's vision of what Bush should have done with France and Germany before the U.N.... I.e., appeased them. Kerry put it as: "If the president had shown the patience to go through another round of resolution, to sit down with those leaders, say, 'What do you need, what do you need now, how much more will it take to get you to join us?' we'd be in a stronger place today."

That strikes me as akin to telling a woman that she should ask the putative rapist if she can suck him off or give him a rim job in addition to her honor just to to save her life, just to have what she has the right to have WITHOUT negotiating. Or like telling the mugger "hey, I've got jewels and antiques in addition to the bank accounts you want me to clean out." OR, it should be added, like telling the Islamic Terrorists "Hey, what more do you need? How much will it take to get you to [quit killing us]. You want these Nukes to use against Israel and India, HEY no problem here's the fuel!" It smacks of appeasement, and it makes me ill. Odd that Kerry took that tact on the EXACT anniversary of Nevile Chamberlain's "peace in our time" appeasement speach, no?

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 3:49:22 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/2/2004 9:29:40 PM EST by warp_asylum]
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 3:59:51 AM EST

Originally Posted By warp_asylum:

Originally Posted By GonzoAR15-1:

4. Tried to sound like an involved intelligent immersed intelligence guy, telling his story about viewing KGB documents under "TREBLINKA SQUARE" (False, and a major GAFFE. Treblinka was an extermination camp for Jews, Kerry apparently meant to refer to Lubyankaya Square. So instead of sounding involved and intelligent, he succeeded in offending a number of historians and probably a sizeable chunk of even the democrat leaning jewish voters -- over 300,000 polish and european jews were exterminated in treblinka. He clearly made a mistake, but he went out on that limb unnecessarily).

As someone who has studied the Holocaust and has met several survivors, this one really bothers me.

Word. Anyone who claims, as Kerry now does, to have Jewish ancestry ought to be freaking ashamed of making that mistake.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 4:11:24 AM EST
Top Top