Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2003 6:18:41 PM EDT
Sup, some time ago, i posted a question about digital cameras.  I finally purchased a Canon Powershot G3 (4mp).  

I currently have a lexmark z52 wich is 2400x1200 resolution.  It does print VERY well.  However, i was thinking about getting another.

I was also considering getting an "all in one" printer. (fax, scan & print)

But i want great print for photos.  Wich is priority.

I also considered a lemark p707.

Anyone have any tips or input?

thanks
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 6:24:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 6:18:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a Canon i550 and the prints are great.  The fact that each color tank can be replaced when it's low is a big help also.  Printed many pics before I had to replace just the yellow tank.  Software is pretty good.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 6:38:37 AM EDT
[#3]
I have an older Epson Stylus Photo 1200 (I think the current incarnation is the 1280). It'll print really large stuff; however, most of my pic printing is about 8x10 or smaller. It does great work and I presume the 1280 would be even better.  If you don't want the ability to print up past "B" size paper (11x17), then a smaller printer should do ya fine. (Remember, you may want to print some 11x17 targets some day.[:)]) (Actually, the 12xx series will do "Super B" and roll-feed paper also.)

If you really get into it, paper will become an interest. I highly recommend Red River Paper [url]www.redriverpaper.com[/url].  Click on "Ink Jet Papers" when you get to their homepage and you're good to go.

Some of the best printer prices I've ran into are at Multiwave [url]www.mwave.com[/url].

Kevin
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 6:47:59 AM EDT
[#4]
The local radio show gurus claim Canons are the best right now.  Canon i950, I believe is what they are touting.

Here's a review, priced in the low $200 range.

[url]http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,4149,916063,00.asp[/url]
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 7:03:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 7:16:13 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a canon Powershot G2..and i use it for 90% of the time to print out pictures(travel alot to europe)..And one of the best photo printers at that time  and that i  own is the canon S9000 not the 900 the 9000.It comes with really cool programs,and photoshop to put text on your pics and touch them up.

trust me if u already spent alot on your camera such as your 4mp,You should spent a quite abit on your printer.You wont regret it
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 7:32:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Not to be a wise guy or anything, but I thought this post judging by the title, was going to be some sort of joke. The reason is because the "G3" is also the main-battle rifle for Germany, before the 556-guns.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 10:58:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Not to be a wise guy or anything, but I thought this post judging by the title, was going to be some sort of joke. The reason is because the "G3" is also the main-battle rifle for Germany, before the 556-guns.
View Quote

LMAO!!!
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 11:56:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top