Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2004 7:55:00 AM EDT
Yesterday at bowling, I was sittin' with my teammates.. and the one teammate had a little 10 year old brother.  And then he pulled out a safety pin and started stabbin' people's so bottles with it so when they drank it, it squirted out the side some.. then I sat down.. and he just pricked me with it.  And I'm thinkin' wtf?  So then he's like it don't hurt, then he poked himself a few times lightly.  And I looked where he did it, in my bicep.  And there's a little red mark there, I squeezed it but it didn't bleed.  And there's still a red mark there a day later.. very tiny though.  Then after me, he pricked my teammate.  I don't think he was really trying to break out skin with it, but rather just to poke us slightly to startle us.  My friend said he wasn't bleeding any.

And so anyways, should I be worried about this?  Or it's probably nothin' and forget about it?

Thanks for the help!
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:56:52 AM EDT
[#1]
If your dick don't fall off in 3 weeks you should be ok.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:59:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Smack the kid in the head next time you see him and tell him the next time he does that he's going to jail.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:00:48 AM EDT
[#3]
What a little dickhead.

I dunno. When was your last tetanus shot?

I once took a pencil lead to the leg. Broke off. Had to get it pulled out by a doctor. Got an infection called "cellulitis." Hurt like a motherbitcher for two weeks while I had to keep applying iodine and triple ointment.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:04:15 AM EDT
[#4]
No offense but the brat needs a visit out back behind the woodshed. From what you described, you probably don't have anything to worry about. Usually with needle sticks there is always the concern of HIV and Hepatitus transmission. In the case of Hep C or HIV, the person you "shared" the needle with may not even be aware they are a carrier.

My guess is since there wasn't a transmission of blod, you'll be fine. The only thing I'd do is make sure "Dennis the Menace" got beat for what he did.

Bomber
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:05:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:05:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Hmmmm,
Already affecting grammar.

Looks terminal!
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:10:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Hey FEZ that stuff isnt taken lightly now and days, he can actually be charged with ASSAULT. And tampering with ppls food/drinks would surely bring some neg. light on him as well. He needs a good ass whooping.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:04:43 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Hey FEZ that stuff isnt taken lightly now and days, he can actually be charged with ASSAULT. And tampering with ppls food/drinks would surely bring some neg. light on him as well. He needs a good ass whooping.

I wish I would've known that then.

All I wanna know is where he found the safety pin and if he pricked anyone before me.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:15:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Next time smash his fingers between bowling balls.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:16:49 AM EDT
[#10]
You got Aids.

6 months max.

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:17:24 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
You got Aids.

6 months max.

Sgatr15

Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:18:09 AM EDT
[#12]
You better hope the little bastard didn't piss on it or stick it in shit!!
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:22:19 AM EDT
[#13]
You should be okay.  There aren't many diseases that can live outside of the body for more than a few minutes. I woulddn't be to concerned about it.  Staph could be a problem but that is very unlikely as well.  Hopefully you washed it good after it happend.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:25:16 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
You should be okay.  There aren't many diseases that can live outside of the body for more than a few minutes. I woulddn't to concerned about it.  Staph could be a problem but that is very unlikely as well.  Hopefully you washed it good after it happend.

It punctured my skin.  Just that it didn't bleed because it's so small I assume.

Nah, I didn't wash it 'til later that night.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:25:29 AM EDT
[#15]
You may indeed be suffering from bi-lateral axillary hyperfolliculitis.

No joke.

Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:27:40 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
You may indeed be suffering from bi-lateral hyperfolliculitis.

No joke.

Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:28:25 AM EDT
[#17]
sorry, I made an edit

Bi-lateral axillary hyperfolliculitis.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:33:04 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Smack the kid in the head next time you see him and tell him the next time he does that he's going to jail.

+1

Fez,

Definitely find out where that needle has been.  While HIV doesn't stay viable for very long ? minutes on a needle, Hepatitis B and C can stay viable for a couple of weeks on a surface like that needle.  

Personally, I would get tested now for HIV, Hep B and C in case someone who got stuck with the same needle comes back to accuse you of giving them a disease.  If you are sleeping with someone I would stop until you get all of this sorted out.  The kid needs to have some sense knocked into him.  That is completely unacceptable behavior assault.  I had a bad needle stick as an intern no thanks to a bitch resident who didn't understand the concept of personal space and barreled into me during a code while I was putting in a central line.  The patient died but I knew from the chart that he had AIDS, Hep B and Hep C.  I didn't have sex for 9 months to make sure I was completely clean.  

Hope everything works out.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:35:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Teach the kid a lesson. With the advent of diseases we have nowadays, such acts should be strongly duscouraged.

I go to school in the medical field and we have needlestick hotlines just in case we get stuck with needles and such. I don't know if there is such a thing for your situation.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:36:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Sorry for the joke.  It means hairy armpits.

C-4's got you squared away.

Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:37:50 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
You should be okay.  There aren't many diseases that can live outside of the body for more than a few minutes. I woulddn't be to concerned about it.  Staph could be a problem but that is very unlikely as well.  Hopefully you washed it good after it happend.

While that is true of HIV, Hepatitis B can reliably live on an inanimate object or surface for up to 2 weeks.  There are far more people with Hepatitis B and many times more people die of Hepatitis B worldwide each year than AIDS.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:42:46 AM EDT
[#22]
WHY didn't you take it away from him and give it to his brother? I would have done that or told his brother to do something with the brat or I would be outa there... GEEZ!!!!
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:45:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 4:37:56 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Fez,

Definitely find out where that needle has been.  While HIV doesn't stay viable for very long ? minutes on a needle, Hepatitis B and C can stay viable for a couple of weeks on a surface like that needle.  

Personally, I would get tested now for HIV, Hep B and C in case someone who got stuck with the same needle comes back to accuse you of giving them a disease.  If you are sleeping with someone I would stop until you get all of this sorted out.  The kid needs to have some sense knocked into him.  That is completely unacceptable behavior assault.  I had a bad needle stick as an intern no thanks to a bitch resident who didn't understand the concept of personal space and barreled into me during a code while I was putting in a central line.  The patient died but I knew from the chart that he had AIDS, Hep B and Hep C.  I didn't have sex for 9 months to make sure I was completely clean.  

I'm 15 and I'm not sleeping around with anyone atm.

But jeez.. this is so much for me to handle.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:10:22 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Fez,

Personally, I would get tested now for HIV, Hep B and C in case someone who got stuck with the same needle comes back to accuse you of giving them a disease.  If you are sleeping with someone I would stop until you get all of this sorted out.  The kid needs to have some sense knocked into him.  That is completely unacceptable behavior assault.  I had a bad needle stick as an intern no thanks to a bitch resident who didn't understand the concept of personal space and barreled into me during a code while I was putting in a central line.  The patient died but I knew from the chart that he had AIDS, Hep B and Hep C.hock.gif  I didn't have sex for 9 months to make sure I was completely clean.  

hock.gif Jesus! I would have torn my hair out waiting for the tests to come back. I bet you made a lot of promises with the lord.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:13:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Someone definately needs to explain the possible ramifications of this to the boy....He OBVIOUSLY IS NOT AWARE ............definately not cooool !   It's like rolling the dice , the more you do it the higher the probability of infection , etc.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:18:50 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Yesterday at bowling, I was sittin' with my teammates.. and the one teammate had a little 10 year old brother.  And then he pulled out a safety pin and started stabbin' people's so bottles with it so when they drank it, it squirted out the side some.. then I sat down.. and he just pricked me with it.  And I'm thinkin' wtf?  So then he's like it don't hurt, then he poked himself a few times lightly.  And I looked where he did it, in my bicep.  And there's a little red mark there, I squeezed it but it didn't bleed.  And there's still a red mark there a day later.. very tiny though.  Then after me, he pricked my teammate.  I don't think he was really trying to break out skin with it, but rather just to poke us slightly to startle us.  My friend said he wasn't bleeding any.

And so anyways, should I be worried about this?  Or it's probably nothin' and forget about it?

Thanks for the help!

Show him the error of his ways...beat the holy fuck out of him.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:19:23 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

You'll be fine.  You didn't bleed you say, so I really wouldn't worry.  The chances are rare you got anything.  Hell, I was stuck in surgery by a needle they use in the actual surgical site and came out clean.  The patient wasn't exactly clean looking so I was freaked for a bit, but she tested fine and so did I.  I've had vaccinations to work in healthcare, but I still wouldn't worry too much.

You people are real good at scaring young ones btw.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:23:00 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You'll be fine.  You didn't bleed you say, so I really wouldn't worry.  The chances are rare you got anything.  Hell, I was stuck in surgery by a needle they use in the actual surgical site and came out clean.  The patient wasn't exactly clean looking so I was freaked for a bit, but she tested fine and so did I.  I've had vaccinations to work in healthcare, but I still wouldn't worry too much.

Thanks that makes me feel a little bit better.  Just that I did bleed, but the blood just filled my pore.  But it was too small of an amount to get any out.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:27:57 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks that makes me feel a little bit better.  Just that I did bleed, but the blood just filled my pore.  But it was too small of an amount to get any out.

Either way, the chances are very rare you caught anything.  I really wouldn't worry.  Talk to your doctor and see if they want to test you for anything, but I'm sure you'll be fine.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 6:30:06 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You'll be fine.  You didn't bleed you say, so I really wouldn't worry.  The chances are rare you got anything.  Hell, I was stuck in surgery by a needle they use in the actual surgical site and came out clean.   The patient wasn't exactly clean looking so I was freaked for a bit, but she tested fine and so did I.  I've had vaccinations to work in healthcare, but I still wouldn't worry too much.

There are different grades of needle sticks.  The least risky one is being stuck with a solid bore needle through a glove.  This is the most common scenario and I agree happens all too often to surgeons while they are suturing.  It has been proven that most of the blood is wiped clean from a solid bore needle as it passes through a rubber/synthetic glove.  From least to most risky it would be as follows:

1) Solid bore needle through a glove
2) Solid bore needle directly into skin
3) Hollow bore needle through a glove
4) Hollow bore needle directly into skin

Some argue that 2 and 3 are very close as far as seroconversion rates.

They do not have a reliable vaccine for Hepatitis C and there is no vaccine currently available for HIV.  

Thank you.

Link Posted: 9/19/2004 6:33:44 PM EDT
[#32]
You didn't get "stabbed with a needle", you got pricked with a safety pin. I'll bust out some of my "patting down the junkie" stories if you want to talk needle stabs.

Man up, put some Neosporin on that shit and go about your business.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 6:47:44 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
There are different grades of needle sticks.  The least risky one is being stuck with a solid bore needle through a glove.  This is the most common scenario and I agree happens all too often to surgeons while they are suturing.  It has been proven that most of the blood is wiped clean from a solid bore needle as it passes through a rubber/synthetic glove.  From least to most risky it would be as follows:

1) Solid bore needle through a glove
2) Solid bore needle directly into skin
3) Hollow bore needle through a glove
4) Hollow bore needle directly into skin

Some argue that 2 and 3 are very close as far as seroconversion rates.

They do not have a reliable vaccine for Hepatitis C and there is no vaccine currently available for HIV.  

Yeah, I was stuck by a trocar needle during a room turn over pretty bad.  Not a simple stick by any means.  My point is just that he's more than likely fine and not to worry.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top