BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/18/2001 4:04:03 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 4:18:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 4:30:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Paul,
Where were you at exactly?  When I am working out in the PRK me and my buddies go up to a place called Hungry Valley which is about 45 miles north of LA off I-5 (exit Smokey Bear Road).  It's $4 per car to get into the park and lots of great places to shoot.  We always pick a nice big hill for a back drop though.  There is usually other yahoos out there that sometimes make me nervous.  There are a lot of motorcycle riders up there too.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 4:30:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 4:31:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Being on the East coast, I'm unfamiliar with shooting in the wide open.

If it were me,  I would have a large VISIBLE sign on a pole saying "people downrange, do not shoot" Or something to that effect.  When you get back near the flag/sign, take it down and resume shooting.

Link Posted: 11/18/2001 4:47:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Glad you're OK. Geez.
I'd have to go along with thebeekeeper1 and VA-gunnut.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 4:48:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 5:50:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Paul,
Where were you at exactly?  When I am working out in the PRK me and my buddies go up to a place called Hungry Valley which is about 45 miles north of LA off I-5 (exit Smokey Bear Road).  It's $4 per car to get into the park and lots of great places to shoot.  We always pick a nice big hill for a back drop though.  There is usually other yahoos out there that sometimes make me nervous.  There are a lot of motorcycle riders up there too.
View Quote
[shock] I can't believe you guys shoot in a park like that in Kali! Don't you know you are surely killing some creature or bug or something with your wild abandoned shooting! Shame on you. Not to mention an air horn! What noise makers. You, you, you , villians. [:E]
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 6:59:33 PM EDT
[#8]
maybe it's time to invest in a flare gun.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 7:06:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Paul,
View Quote

I dont know the last time you`ve been here, but Hungry valley is a Off Road park and last I heard, no shooting allowed. The bikes zip everywhere anyway.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Paul-Well handled, I mighta done something more memorable.
Can you make it to S.E.C.R.E.T. II?
It`s just a bit further than Iron mtn.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 7:14:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 7:17:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Can you mount an M203 on a .22-250?
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 12:36:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Red flag at the truck, however, I don't think these guys would understand that either.
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 12:49:35 PM EDT
[#13]
All in all, I am just damn glad that you weren't injured by those idiots, bro!

Tyler
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 5:05:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
S.E.C.R.E.T. II ???

Sounds good - but what do you "R"ide? I do ATV's, horses and I've even been known to ride a camel given a chance but don't anything to "R".

I have the SEC-ET parts down though [:)].

View Quote

Meetings and events forum for the S.E.C.R.E.T.II.
I ride a gen 1 quad with a full 5 inches of travel.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 6:11:13 AM EDT
[#15]
lucky you werent killed by those morons.

if it had been me up on that hill, there would have been some dead drunks (on the rocks).i simply could not have been so , so , so nice to them.

my .02
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 5:23:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sir, no wonder you have the keys to the Kingdom (Mod.).  You handled that waaaayyy better than I would have, especially with the wife present.  'nuff said.  [beer]
View Quote

I am going to agree with thebeekeeper1 on this.
View Quote

Make it a third.  I believe the term is "suppressive fire".  Glad you made it out of that one OK.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top