Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/15/2006 10:50:27 AM EDT
The assholes got away with about $5000 worth of tools and construction equipment.

Our dog didn't do shit to deter them, a full-grown Rottweiller nonetheless.

I really just feel like shit and hope the insurance covers most of the stuff stolen

The guys had been investigating the tool shed for a couple of days because I was finding things in different places.

Some of the things they took, all the hammers, screwdrivers in buckets. A $500 Bosch hammer drill, about 3 $100 hammer drills, a commercial power pressure cleaner, a $300 pnuematic nailgun, and anything else in the shed with a box and a handle...
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:51:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Sorry to hear, I hate fuckin' thieves!
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:54:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:56:27 AM EDT
[#3]
I hope you're having rottwieler tacos for supper tonight!
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:59:10 AM EDT
[#4]
check the pawn shops.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:59:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Did you reinforce your shed or add other security after finding things moved prior to the theft?
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 11:00:30 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The assholes got away with about $5000 worth of tools and construction equipment.

I really just feel like shit and hope the insurance covers most of the stuff stolen

The guys had been investigating the tool shed for a couple of days because I was finding things in different places.

Some of the things they took, all the hammers, screwdrivers in buckets. A $500 Bosch hammer drill, about 3 $100 hammer drills, a commercial power pressure cleaner, a $300 pnuematic nailgun, and anything else in the shed with a box and a handle...

Maybe because the Rotweiller knew the theives?
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 11:00:39 AM EDT
[#7]

You ever heard the blues song "Why Don't My Dog Bark When You Come Around"? Either your dog is a total puss or he knew them.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 11:01:39 AM EDT
[#8]
First, shoot that fucking dog.  A dog that won't protect his home is worthless.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 11:02:41 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe because the Rotweiller knew the theives?

inside job
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 11:07:27 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
 You ever heard the blues song "Why Don't My Dog Bark When You Come Around"? Either your dog is a total puss or he knew them.

Im sorry but I think a Rotweiller is one of the most intimidating dogs around. I agree with you that he knew them.

BTW... I also think that anyone who steals tools should have his hands cut off.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 11:08:31 AM EDT
[#11]
I hate thieves.

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 11:14:52 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Im sorry but I think a Rotweiller is one of the most intimidating dogs around. I agree with you that he knew them.

My dog is a puss, shes old and just lays around all day.

We are going to install a very simple trip alarm today with some fire alarms I have.

Figure we could spook them if they try to come back, later we are going to weld some sort of lock, like the circular ones on vending machines.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 11:18:33 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Were you robbed or burglarized?

Who fucking cares?  They took his shit...

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 11:20:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Hope the cops do something, when my car was stolen, cops said they really couldnt do anything
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 11:21:38 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Theres a big difference.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 11:22:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Someone already said to check the pawn shops...I found some of my stolen tools and got them back that way. I hope your insurance takes care of it.
Makes you feel like shit when someone steals from you. I have had it happen twice.

The first time I walked in the house and set my keys down on the hutch as I always do when I come in and noticed the Super Redhawk that is normally sitting there was gone...and when I turned around there was some guy standing there holding it staring at me. He was standing about 15 feet away and had the loaded gun down at his side.
I turned and haulled a$$ out to my truck and grabbed my trusty 9MM and ran back in.
The guy yelled " he's got a gun" and two others and him ran out the back door and jumped the wall with my Jack Russell biting the $h!t out of him.
The .44 was the only thing they got away with but they had pretty much everything I owned wrapped up in the blankets off the beds stacked by the back door.

They came back and cleaned me out about a week later.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 11:23:03 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Theres a big difference.

Well no one lived in the tool shed, so i guess it would be burglarized.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 11:29:49 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
First, shoot that fucking dog.  A dog that won't protect his home is worthless.

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 11:30:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Nobody held a gun to his head...so he was burglarized.
Just as bad if you ask me.
They should have thier hands cut off as was said before. I think that would be very effective deterent.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:13:50 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
They should have thier hands cut off as was said before. I think that would be very effective deterent.

Needless to say their chopstick eatin' days would be over.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 2:20:01 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Needless to say their chopstick eatin' days would be over.

Unless the guy starts stealing donuts

We are almost done wiring in a trip type magnetic switch with 2 very powerful sirens that belch out at least 100 decibels of ugly sound.

We are going to close the door but leave it unlocked (with the alarm on), I'll keep you guys posted if the bastards return.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 3:52:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Feel for you dude. Someone stole my 5x8 utility trailer from the farm last weekend. I hate thieves.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 4:04:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Big market in stolen hand tools. Very few serial numbers, lots of folks who'll buy used hand tools no questions asked because buying quality tools new is so expensive. Sorry to hear of your loss. Hope you manage to get something close to a decent payment, but its doubtful.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 4:16:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Rest asure its some one you know.  Think of some one your know who would steel and you have your man.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 3:51:54 AM EDT
[#25]
bait a trap for them and see if they do it again...It would suck if it was someone you know.
Mount a helmet cam on the dog.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 3:56:08 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Someone already said to check the pawn shops...I found some of my stolen tools and got them back that way. I hope your insurance takes care of it.
Makes you feel like shit when someone steals from you. I have had it happen twice.

The first time I walked in the house and set my keys down on the hutch as I always do when I come in and noticed the Super Redhawk that is normally sitting there was gone...and when I turned around there was some guy standing there holding it staring at me. He was standing about 15 feet away and had the loaded gun down at his side.
I turned and haulled a$$ out to my truck and grabbed my trusty 9MM and ran back in.
The guy yelled " he's got a gun" and two others and him ran out the back door and jumped the wall with my Jack Russell biting the $h!t out of him.
The .44 was the only thing they got away with but they had pretty much everything I owned wrapped up in the blankets off the beds stacked by the back door.

They came back and cleaned me out about a week later.hr

You should have shot the fuckers the first time around.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 4:15:24 AM EDT
[#27]
+1 on watching the pawn shops....

We've lost a lot of rental equipment over the years, and alot of it shows up at the local crack (Cash) Converters pawn shop.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 4:19:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Aren't you down in S FL?

Sorry to hear about your shit, BTW.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 4:22:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Check Ebay.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:01:02 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Aren't you down in S FL?

Sorry to hear about your shit, BTW.

Yep, it has also been a recent trend in my neighborhood to steal from construction sites and the homes near them.

We are also in the process of building a house, so that just made us feel even more like crap.

We bought some infrared sensors and have all the tools on lock-down now.

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:07:16 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm gonna get a shed put in this year...I gotta run a line out to it with power and a connection to the home security system.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:09:58 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

You should have gone to General Quarters then.
They actually gave you a heads up.
Live and learn.
Sorry for your loss.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:10:32 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

HAMBURGERLERIZED

edit: sorry for the lame humor
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:11:38 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm hungry.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:15:20 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

They came back and cleaned me out about a week later.

If it had been me I would've needed new carpeting after drawing down and putting a couple of rounds in him, both from him bleeding and me pissing myself.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:16:14 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You should have gone to General Quarters then.
They actually gave you a heads up.
Live and learn.
Sorry for your loss.

This was personal tools, not work related. Only me my dad and brother are working on the house.

The tool shed was on MY home's property, my dad bought the tools himself.

We have insurance to reimburse for the stolen stuff, but you still feel violated when you get your stuff stolen.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:36:11 PM EDT
[#37]
This is why I pay these guys (in beer) to lurk in the bushes around my house four days a week.  The fun is in someone trying to figure out WHICH four days they're there.

http://www.smh.com.au/ffxImage/urlpicture_id_1047749804454_2003/03/19/iraq09,1.jpg

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:02:04 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I'm gonna get a shed put in this year...I gotta run a line out to it with power and a connection to the home security system220 power to the shed doors.

Fixed it for yah.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:06:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Dogs who know the perps don't do you any good.  In fact depending on the neighborhood, even "mean and nasty" dogs might not be your friends.  They could be everybodies friends.  Back when Trader Joes Markets was a single market named Pronto and it had a meat and deli counter.  Which sold sandwiches.  There was a tool rental lot about half a block away, where the "guard" dogs learned that by being friendly they could often score a bite of a sandwhich off passer-bys

One night it got cleaned out.  They found the dogs, fat, dumb and happy with a bunch of sandwich wrappers around.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:13:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:14:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Give the dogs some food every time you case the place and they are your friend.

I would CALL the local pawn shops with the list of goods NOW.  Then when the guys do come in to sell it they might help you out with identifying them by video footage etc etc.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:17:40 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
This is why I pay these guys (in beer) to lurk in the bushes around my house four days a week.  The fun is in someone trying to figure out WHICH four days they're there.

www.smh.com.au/ffxImage/urlpicture_id_1047749804454_2003/03/19/iraq09,1.jpg

What is your address?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:23:30 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Sorry to hear, I hate fuckin' thieves!

Yeah, I ain't too big on fuckin' thieves either.............but shootin' them sure is fun

On a serious note - I really hope that your insurance covers it.  Thieves are one of the lowest life forms on earth IMO.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:32:02 PM EDT
[#44]

With one of the tools he stole.

Some bastard stole my compound miter saw a few weeks back, and I could think of a real good use for it if he was ever caught.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:26:16 PM EDT
[#45]
you should put a spring loaded bat at about crotch level in the doorway
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top