Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/7/2005 5:26:12 PM EDT
Like the title says, I got pulled over for the first time ever today. I was doing 62 in a 55, doing downhill, right outside of Enterprise Oregon when he caught me. I was in my work truck when it happened, on my way to work on a wireless internet access point.

After he ran my liscence, he came back and asked if I had any guns in the car, and I of course told him that I did (no sense lying to him). He said that "everyone has guns up here, so I really dont care", and he asked me what I had.

At work I conceal carry, but I keep it in my camelbak, instead of in a holster. Dont want to offend a customer or anything, so I keep it where they will never see it, in the outside pocket of my camelbak transformer.

Anyways, I told him what I was carrying, my HK Mk. 23 SOCOM, and his eyes lit up like a kid at christmas. He asked if he could see it, and that he was very interested in one, and I let him take a look at it after I unloaded it.

After he admired the Mk.23 for a bit, he not only let me off with a warning, but I got invited to go shooting with him and some of his friends. It was a good day.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:28:38 PM EDT
+1 for that LEO.
MK.23 SOCOM.. Lucky Bastage!

myit
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:37:45 PM EDT
WOW, in oregon. i always thought oregon was just an extention of california. sounds like your cops are pretty much like Montana cops.

i remember the cop in the town where i grew up carried an M1 garand in his trunk, not because of crime, but becaues he may see a deer, or have to put down a cow that got hit on the road.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:59:28 PM EDT
Personally myself, I've never had any problems with cops where in Oregon when I show them respect.

I'm a pretty young guy in my mid 20's and I've had lots of run in's with cops for various reasons none to serious, just call them officer/deputy or sir, look them in the eyes and most importantly use common sense(like you did) and 99% of the time it will turn out good.

(of course you'll still probably get a ticket)

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:11:55 PM EDT
I got pulled over on the way up to a shoot at CMMG, a was going about 80-85 it was 6:30 in the morning on a saturday, so a pass this cop on the side of the road tagging a abandened truck, about 2 or 3 mins later cacthes up with me a hangs right behind me for awhile I had slowed to the speed limit after i passed him. I like OH SHIT, I had two ARs, a 12guage , a Glock, and a .357 mag in the back and about 2000rnds of ammo, lisening to jayZ. I figure I AM getting pulled over so I Start to deaccelerate and hed tward the shoulder about that time He turns the lights on. I pull over, turn the strearo off , get my wallet and roll down the window. I forgot to even turn the car off,hell it was still in drive. He gets up to the window and tells me a was goin a little fast, and takes my liecnes back to his car, comes back gives me a little lecture and lets me go. Thank God.

I have never been that scared in my life. and have stayed under the speedlimit sence then, and i must say it helps on my gas milage.
Top Top