Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/12/2003 3:22:57 AM EDT
Ok we "fixed" the File-Sharing problem by just swapping HDDs and moving Data around until everything was formatted and had their HDD back in their computer with their backed up Data.

Now with fresh Installs of XP I tried t o do Internet sharing and for those who have read our file-sharing thread I've now got the computers recognizing each other on the network, I ran through the Network setup wizard, and they're both sending and receiving a lot of packets but I can't get the computer that's sharing this connection to use the "Internet Gateway"

I'm pretty sure everything is working so far, because on my computer it even lists the connection with the speed and the name of the computer that it's on.

Just need to figure out the last step to getting Inet explorer to use it.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 3:52:21 AM EDT
You might want to get an inexpensive router and use that to control the internet connection sharing instead. Otherwise the computer hooked up to the internet needs to be on for the other computer to get online.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 3:57:40 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Energizer: You might want to get an inexpensive router and use that to control the internet connection sharing instead. Otherwise the computer hooked up to the internet needs to be on for the other computer to get online.
View Quote
That is what I have and it works graet. Note: If you are going to be sharing printers the computer that the printers are on needs to be on in order to use the pictures.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 7:29:30 AM EDT
Oh yeah, and if you go wireless, be sure you protect the connection to prevent unauthorized people from joining your network and getting to your resources such as the internet and your personal files...
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 9:44:27 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 10:13:24 AM EDT
That's what it's looking like DVD_Tracker...
Top Top