Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2004 6:23:19 PM EDT
Wanna hear how horrible chapperjoe's weekend is gonna be?

Saturday is a fast day for us chosen people, so normally we eat alot the day before.  

I just found out (2200 EST) that I need to have my wisdom teeth pulled [some extensive tripple root / nerve infection crap from not going to dentist in three years] tomorrow morning (0730 EST) which means [according to doc] I can't eat now, I can't eat tomorrow and I couldn't eat on the fast day - even though I am rabinically allowed to (post-operation exception) - cause I won't be able to chew.  

SOOOOO

the next time i see solid food will be sunday afternoon.  Now I was supposed to go sight in some rifles on sunday after some morning trap shooting.

But apparantly there is a bit of pain involved in the after operation days, which means alot of pain medications (which I sincerely do hate).  So not only can't I eat.  I CAN'T F'ING SHOOT!!!!!

wonder which is worse....
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:26:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Good yontif and good luck.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:34:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh man is that gonna hurt!

NaH, I've had them removed. I had zero pain, during and after removal. It's a very wierd feeling during the removal.

Good luck and drink lots of boozewhen you get the pain meds..
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:36:09 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Wanna hear how horrible chapperjoe's weekend is gonna be?

Saturday is a fast day for us chosen people, so normally we eat alot the day before.  

I just found out (2200 EST) that I need to have my wisdom teeth pulled [some extensive tripple root / nerve infection crap from not going to dentist in three years] tomorrow morning (0730 EST) which means [according to doc] I can't eat now, I can't eat tomorrow and I couldn't eat on the fast day - even though I am rabinically allowed to (post-operation exception) - cause I won't be able to chew.  

SOOOOO

the next time i see solid food will be sunday afternoon.  Now I was supposed to go sight in some rifles on sunday after some morning trap shooting.

But apparantly there is a bit of pain involved in the after operation days, which means alot of pain medications (which I sincerely do hate).  So not only can't I eat.  I CAN'T F'ING SHOOT!!!!!

wonder which is worse....

You MIGHT feel like eating solid food on Sunday.  But I doubt it.

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:39:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I just had mine out a few months ago. You can't eat for the first few days. I was off the pain meds after the second day. But yours sound a bit more complicated than mine were. Good Luck
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:51:50 PM EDT
[#5]
yeah apparently I have a three pronged root...and they are all "in the jaw" and attached and infecting the nerve.  

I have no idea what i just said or what it means, but appraently its a big deal.

I have a pretty high pain tolerance level but hate drugs/medications/pills, etc.  I used to be a big fan, but then i started respecting my body and myself.  so this will be my first trip in about two years back into pain meds.

Weeeee!
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:04:03 PM EDT
[#6]
sometimes people get lucky and suffer very little pain when they get their wisdom teeth out.  I, on the other hand, had some serious roots and they pretty much chizzled my freaking jaw to break the roots up into little pieces in order to extract them.  It wasn't a fun recovery.  Good Luck and God Bless!
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:24:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:32:47 PM EDT
[#8]
I had all four impacted wisdom teeth removed when I was sixteen. They put me under for it, my stupid ass tried to eat chinese food three hours post-op, and blew all the stitches on one side of my mouth. Talk about sucky.

John
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:01:46 AM EDT
[#9]
yeah I am gonna be out for the entire process. The guy who is doing it sits next to me in temple, he's good people.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:59:15 AM EDT
[#10]
UPDATE: well I'm only on cloud 8.5 now.  Coming down off of the morphine/valium mix.  but vicoden is incoming.  I'm kinda stoned now from all teh drugs (I hate that feeling) but doc sid I CAN eat soft foods like jello and mashed potato.

UPDATE: 3 hours later MAD PIAN AND HEADACHE... resisting taking vicodin, don't think I'll last.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:02:04 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
UPDATE: well I'm only on cloud 8.5 now.  Coming down off of the morphine/valium mix.  but vicoden is incoming.  I'm kinda stoned now from all teh drugs (I hate that feeling) but doc sid I CAN eat soft foods like jello and mashed potato.

UPDATE: 3 hours later MAD PIAN AND HEADACHE... resisting taking vicodin, don't think I'll last.

After you take the vicodin, have a little fun with this...

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:30:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:30:27 AM EDT
[#13]
seriously - I hate being on those pills but it looks like I'm gonna have to.
The pain is one thing, but it's causing a major headache thats not going away.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:37:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Take my word for it-Let the trap shooting slide for at least a couple of weeks.Come to think of it you might want to confide your shooting to pistols and rimfire rifles
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:39:42 AM EDT
[#15]
I had my wisdom teeth pulled 6 months ago, it wasnt that bad and I was even awake for the whole thing
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:39:51 AM EDT
[#16]
FOOL  
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 11:32:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Whew!

I don't have wisdom teeth, so I don't have to worry about that stuff.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 11:37:42 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Whew!

Evolution at work?
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:30:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:02:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Two things,

Take the gas.  I was stupid enough not to.  Freaking scary shit.  Let me tell you.  All the grinding, cutting, pulling.

Codine is your friend.

Are we talking one or are we talking all four.  If it's just one side, it'll a bitch for a few days, if it's both, shit, you are in for a world of pain.

Again, Codine is your friend.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:14:22 PM EDT
[#21]
I got two out today and two on sunday.... no biggie the pills he gave me are working fine, i just can't drive or shoot.

He gave me horse pills of vicoden/acetomophine.  I'm happy.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:19:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Smile

I had to get my wisdom tooth removed once. Took 2 minutes.

Yep, I said "tooth" -I only had two, only one of which actually rooted and emerged. There is still one in my lower left jaw, but it hasnt formed yet into a tooth and from what the Dentist told me, it may never. Lucky I guess.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:26:05 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Whew!

You mean I have a brother out there??!!!

I never had wisdom teeth also.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:41:45 PM EDT
[#24]
They're making you split it up into two procedures?  That sucks.

The first day is the worst for the bleeding, I was a dumbass and tried to go without gauze in there.  Keep the damn gauze in there at all times!  I took it out and I swallowed so much blood it made me puke.  Clotted blood puke, yum.  

The second day I dosed up on the pain meds and worked on my wife's car, that sucked but it had to be fixed.  4 hours lying under the car, dizzy with a sore ass mouth.

The third day was the worst for the swelling, the third day apply warm packs like they tell you.  I didn't keep at it, my face swelled up like a fat person at a buffet.  It hurt for a full week, don't do anything to make someone punch you in the jaw.

[edit]  Wow, the 700 club.  I should go out and buy myself a bolt action Remington.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 4:57:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Be well and take it slow. I had all 4 removed at one time. The top two were erupted but pointed out, so they were causing irritation. The lower two were impacted and crowding other teef. I was bruised from ear to ear. I was soo swollen, that I could not swallow the pain pills if I wanted to. Believe me, I really wanted to. Two weeks afterwards, some stitches brokes broke while I was back at work. I chewed make shift paper towel compresses for 2 hours until my shift ended. My work wouldn't tell me to go or stay. They made sure I knew it would be an occurance (attendance) if I did leave. The Doc gave me a painful shot, then stitched me up some more. I'm glad I did it all at once. I would not have gone back for another session.

On the light side, at the same time of my wisdom extraction. My dashound was nursing wounds he sustained while making a stand with my Husky. The GF had to nurse both of her "beat up" boys for a couple of days.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top