Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/12/2005 12:26:42 PM EDT
Seems my military themed T-shirts were freaking people out.  They thought I might be a conservative or have some similar disease.  I have gotten a new wardrobe to clear up any conufsion:

Got more on the way too... can't wait to post reactions!

ETA: I already took the 'chicks hate me' t-shirt for a test run.  Lemme tell you, it works better than a dog or kid for atracting women.  Unforunately they're all shicksa's (off limits) and all really young undergrads (and I ain't no hiram-ranger!).
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:29:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Grad school is awfully expensive for you to be taking any chances with your grades.
That said... way to take a stand for what you believe in.
Take the fight to the enemy.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:31:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Where did you get that peace through superior firepower shirt?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:31:29 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:32:17 PM EDT
[#4]
shicksa means "unclean meat", doesn't it? Sort of like the N word, but for Gentiles. Please clarify. I was under the impression it was a disparaging, racist, term.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:37:19 PM EDT
[#5]
  The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language: Fourth Edition.  2000.

shiksa

SYLLABICATION: shik·sa
PRONUNCIATION:  shks
VARIANT FORMS: also shik·se
NOUN: Offensive Used as a disparaging term for a non-Jewish girl or woman.
ETYMOLOGY: Yiddish shikse, feminine of shegetz, shegetz. See shegetz.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:37:25 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
shicksa means "unclean meat", doesn't it? Sort of like the N word, but for Gentiles. Please clarify. I was under the impression it was a disparaging, racist, term.

Not sure, but in the NY/NJ area is it seems to almost be used as a term of endearment.

I have an acquaintance with a boat named "Shiksa III". When asked if it refers to third boat or third wife, his wife answers somewhat proudly "both".

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:38:20 PM EDT
[#7]
FROM URBAN DICTIONARY....

1. shicksa link send redefine    

A non-jewish female. Considered deragatory. In the original Hebrew it means "serving girl", the connatation is that the female is of a lower class and there for unfit for the company of Jewish males."Rachel dumped Joshua when she found out he was banging some shicksa"

AND....

2. shiksa link send redefine  12 thumbs up  

A Gentile girl or woman, especially one who has attracted a Jewish man. The term derives from the Hebrew word "sheketz", meaning the flesh of an animal deemed taboo by the Torah. Since a Jewish man marrying a non-Jewish woman is taboo also, this word applies to her.

Traditionally this is a derogatory term, though in modern times it has also been used more light-heartedly. For example, Seinfeld once did an episode about Elaine's "shiksa appeal".

The ideal shiksa is a blonde WASP who look like the opposite of a stereotypical Jew, but in reality, many shiksas are brunettes who might pass for Jewish themselves.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:40:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Unforunately they're all shicksa's (off limits)

Well, isn't THAT special...  
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:43:47 PM EDT
[#9]

Unforunately they're all shicksa's (off limits) and all really young undergrads (and I ain't no hiram-ranger!).
What're shicksas?  

Really young undegrads? Where'd you get it?

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:44:05 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

not at all.  today, Shaygetz means non jew, shiksa is the feminine form.  

If you think 'gentile' is an offensive word then fine.  

People who tell you shiksa means a 'lizard' or 'unclean' are taking teh 14th century definition of a word in yiddish, a language that evolves every hour with new meanings and words.  In yiddish a Jew is a 'yid', but if a black guy screams 'yid' to a Jew in Brooklyn it'll be a racial slur.  Same thing with Shiksa.  Yid has gained a negative connotation, shiksa has lost it.  Yiddish is a vernacular not a romantic or latin language.  Nothing's in stone.

[Me personally, I dated an Italian girl for a while when I was 20 or 21, don't remember.  She called herself my shiksa.  I don't think she was calling herself a lizard, nor would I have allowed anyone to call her 'impure' without a serious ass-whooping.  All google-borne yiddish-ologists need to chill out.]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:44:52 PM EDT
[#11]
jeez it takes me a minute to write that and already everyone's up in arms!

I was under the impression that AU was a jewish school.  Turns out they take all the science and math classes, cause in my Grad-level classes (on Intel, Foreign Policy, The NSC , IR theory), I have not met one JEwish woman, and the few undergrads that are allowed in, the advanced freshman and sophmore wimminz, are all non-jewish.  I'll try and get osme pics tonight, I can't describe to you how enticing they are.  Oh, to be born a gentile!!!!!!  (and they're too young)
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:50:59 PM EDT
[#12]

If I ever cared enough about other peoples opinion to go to the trouble of selecting my CLOTHES just to annoy them, I'd kill myself.   I wear whatever is compfortable or what I feel like - wearing clothes to annoy, impress, or provoke is not something I care about, and personally I think it is as silly as people who get tattoos or piercings or goofy haircuts just for the attention.  

Just my opinion - not intended to flame.  

That said, I sometimes wear my EOtech shirt (because it was free), or Team AR15 shirt (because I like the color) or my Desert Rats shirt (because my buddy gave it to me after serving with them).  
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:52:51 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
FROM URBAN DICTIONARY....

1. shicksa link send redefine    

A non-jewish female. Considered deragatory. In the original Hebrew it means "serving girl", the connatation is that the female is of a lower class and there for unfit for the company of Jewish males."Rachel dumped Joshua when she found out he was banging some shicksa"

AND....

2. shiksa link send redefine  12 thumbs up  

A Gentile girl or woman, especially one who has attracted a Jewish man. The term derives from the Hebrew word "sheketz", meaning the flesh of an animal deemed taboo by the Torah. Since a Jewish man marrying a non-Jewish woman is taboo also, this word applies to her.

Traditionally this is a derogatory term, though in modern times it has also been used more light-heartedly. For example, Seinfeld once did an episode about Elaine's "shiksa appeal".

We are in modern times.  and it is light hearted.

The ideal shiksa is a blonde WASP who look like the opposite of a stereotypical Jew, but in reality, many shiksas are brunettes who might pass for Jewish themselves.

exactly.

I think I narrowed it down.  The critical element of shiksapeal  is that she acts jewish, but sleeps around non-jewish.    
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:56:23 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
If I ever cared enough about other peoples opinion to go to the trouble of selecting my CLOTHES just to annoy them, I'd kill myself.   I wear whatever is compfortable or what I feel like - wearing clothes to annoy, impress, or provoke is not something I care about, and personally I think it is as silly as people who get tattoos or piercings or goofy haircuts just for the attention.  

There was a guy in my class last week, fairly high-level, wearing a red shirt with a hammer and sickel on it in yellow.  I was so amazed that I was speechless.  I realized nothing I could say would dent his thick skull and that the best response would be to wage a T-shirt war against him and his kind.  Also on the way is the Che shirt with Chi crossed out and under it it says "commies suck"....  I also got "hippies smell"......

ETA: plus, like I said, you meet women.  Intelligent ones.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:59:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Appreciate the clarification. Apparently my understanding of the word was incorrect.

Nice shirts, btw.

I did the same thing in the early 1980's at college-my favorite was my "Nuke'em til They Glow Then Shoot Them in the Dark" shirt, followed by the classic "24 empty missile tubes, a mushroom cloud, now it's Miller Time!" with a pic of a Boomer and a mushroom cloud...lol...F'em.

PS nailing liberals was always refferred to as "defiling infidels"....
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:08:41 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Appreciate the clarification. Apparently my understanding of the word was incorrect.

Nice shirts, btw.

I did the same thing in the early 1980's at college-my favorite was my "Nuke'em til They Glow Then Shoot Them in the Dark" shirt, followed by the classic "24 empty missile tubes, a mushroom cloud, now it's Miller Time!" with a pic of a Boomer and a mushroom cloud...lol...F'em.

hahaha -I passed on some of the better ones too -These probably would've got me shot on campus!

hjere are some others I got, unfortunately they do not come with everything pictured!!!!

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:12:22 PM EDT
[#17]
You're required to provide source links when you post photos of cool shirts available for purchase. COC Unwritten Rule #343.

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:13:51 PM EDT
[#18]
I dunno, I wore concert tshirts, had hair halfway down my back and facial piercings and I was almost run outta grad school. By the end of my first year, all of them were nothing more than a memory. What the heck are you studying, anthropology?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:14:23 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Unforunately they're all shicksa's (off limits) and all really young undergrads (and I ain't no hiram-ranger!).

Oy Vey... the ARFCOM hive tries to interpret Yiddish

If you're saving yourself for marriage, then I to you. Ignore the remainder of this post.

If not, HIT IT you putz! They're in college, thus (as a general rule) they're over 18, ie legal.

College is supposed to be about getting some...............
knowledge. Biblical, academic, or both (the classic ARFCOM answer) is your choice.
Nice shirts, BTW
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:16:33 PM EDT
[#20]
tag
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:18:01 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nice shirts, btw.

hahaha -I passed on some of the better ones too -These probably would've got me shot on campus!
www.shopmetrospy.com/cNcgraphics/Product_325_PrSpare2.jpg

www.thoseshirts.com/images/shirtsquare-kickback.jpgwww.thoseshirts.com/images/shirtsquare-kickfront.jpg

hjere are some others I got, unfortunately they do not come with everything pictured!!!!
www.thoseshirts.com/images/model-commies-LE375.jpg
www.thoseshirts.com/images/model-reagan-c.jpg

www.shopmetrospy.com/graphics/Product_39_PrSpare2.gif
www.thoseshirts.com/images/model-commies-A375.jpg
www.thoseshirts.com/images/model-diversitybk-K375.jpg
www.thoseshirts.com/images/model-commies-K375.jpg
www.thoseshirts.com/images/model-diversitybk-C375.jpg
www.thoseshirts.com/images/tourback600.gif

www.thoseshirts.com/images/model-tour-T375.jpg

www.thoseshirts.com/images/model-tour-E375.jpgwww.thoseshirts.com/images/model-hippies-L.jpg

www.thoseshirts.com/images/model-imagine-L.jpg

www.thoseshirts.com/images/shirtsquare-lousy.jpg

I'm so digging those shirts...
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:18:53 PM EDT
[#22]

that reminds me. one of the guys at my old job that was between us and the supervisor level had the desktop version of that pic as his desktop for a while
I walked up to ask him a question and saw it for the first time and was like
"have that one"
"want that one"
while pointing at various guns
not sure if he got in trouble for it or not, and forgot to ask him if he was a gun owner himself or if he just picked it to stir shit up

edit: I think the version he had had more guns on it, because I'm sure it had a Glock 30 and Ruger Mk2 listed
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:20:30 PM EDT
[#23]
She has a nice butt
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:21:27 PM EDT
[#24]
I've got the Commies Aren't Cool one...im wondering what will happen if I put it on and walk around here on campus in Madison
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:21:32 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
She has a nice butt

CULO!!!  
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:27:54 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
She has a nice butt

CULO!!!  

Odd time to come out of the Closet, but hey nock yourself out.  I prefer Culaita's myself.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:29:50 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oy Vey... the ARFCOM hive tries to interpret Yiddish

If you're saving yourself for marriage, then I to you. Ignore the remainder of this post.

If not, HIT IT you putz! They're in college, thus (as a general rule) they're over 18, ie legal.

College is supposed to be about getting some...............

knowledge. Biblical, academic, or both (the classic ARFCOM answer) is your choice.

Nice shirts, BTW

I'm what I like to call a born-again-virgin.  It's kind of against the Torah to do the deed if not for childbearing purposes.  When I get upstairs, I am pleading no contest for the first 23 years of my life.  The last 2 I've been a good boy.  But never had a real challange living in NY among entirely jewish communities where you have to acutally work to get laid by some spoiled rich girl.  Here you almost have to work not to (by those same spoiled rich girls, mind you!)...

When I wanted it, it sure as heck wasn't easy.  I'm no ladies man, I'm the first to admit.  I'm the idiot nice guy who held doors open, paid the bill and drove everyone home when they're trashed - and we all know nice guys finish last!  But now that I am actively trying to be a good Jew, it's almost like its everywhere......  oh the irony.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:35:01 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
She has a nice butt Face Holster...!

Fixed it...!

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:35:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:38:39 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:
She has a nice butt Face Holster...!

Fixed it...!

That's one of the funniest terms I've seen on the interweb.  face holster.......
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:51:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Sweet!

Gun shirts and wiminz!  
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:56:25 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
jeez it takes me a minute to write that and already everyone's up in arms!

I was under the impression that AU was a jewish school.  Turns out they take all the science and math classes, cause in my Grad-level classes (on Intel, Foreign Policy, The NSC , IR theory), I have not met one JEwish woman, and the few undergrads that are allowed in, the advanced freshman and sophmore wimminz, are all non-jewish.  I'll try and get osme pics tonight, I can't describe to you how enticing they are.  Oh, to be born a gentile!!!!!!  (and they're too young)

Try the law school... bound to be plenty of what you are looking for there
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 2:22:46 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm going with the superior fireower shirt tonight.  Hopefully I can walk through the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Club's rally in support of the pretzel that choked the president.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 2:39:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:27:57 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
She has a nice butt

CULO!!!  

Odd time to come out of the Closet, but hey nock yourself out.  I prefer Culaita's myself.  

"culo" means "ass"...period.

"culaita" is something you made up...go get a spanish dictionary or anything else you can find cuz you need it
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:45:40 PM EDT
[#36]

She MAY be the most beautiful woman I've ever seen, this laptop screen is a little smaller than the 21" screen I'm used to.....

Something exotic about her face.

Looks like she's not one to fuss about with her hair all the time either. It looks great too, long and straight, just like I like it.

Hubba, hubba
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:47:39 PM EDT
[#37]
That In god we trust is hilarious as hell...
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:54:02 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
www.thoseshirts.com/images/model-hippies-L.jpg

She MAY be the most beautiful woman I've ever seen, this laptop screen is a little smaller than the 21" screen I'm used to.....

Something exotic about her face.

Hubba, hubba

She is very pretty.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:26:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:44:40 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
She has a nice butt

CULO!!!  

"culaita" is something you made up...go get a spanish dictionary or anything else you can find cuz you need it

I think he picked up some slang living in South America all these years.

my g/f is from south america and says its not a word...something made up
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:51:13 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
She has a nice butt

CULO!!!  

I think he picked up some slang living in South America all these years.

my g/f is from south america and says its not a word...something made up

she's south american?  Wow I never would've guessed.  Where from?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:57:37 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Ecuador

ETA:  where did you get that "red state conservative" shirt...i like that design
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:02:09 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nice shirts, btw.

www.shopmetrospy.com/cNcgraphics/Product_325_PrSpare2.jpg

www.thoseshirts.com/images/shirtsquare-kickback.jpgwww.thoseshirts.com/images/shirtsquare-kickfront.jpg

www.thoseshirts.com/images/model-commies-LE375.jpg
www.thoseshirts.com/images/model-reagan-c.jpg

www.shopmetrospy.com/graphics/Product_39_PrSpare2.gif
www.thoseshirts.com/images/model-commies-A375.jpg
www.thoseshirts.com/images/model-diversitybk-K375.jpg
www.thoseshirts.com/images/model-commies-K375.jpg
www.thoseshirts.com/images/model-diversitybk-C375.jpg
www.thoseshirts.com/images/tourback600.gif

www.thoseshirts.com/images/model-tour-E375.jpgwww.thoseshirts.com/images/model-hippies-L.jpg

www.thoseshirts.com/images/model-imagine-L.jpg

www.thoseshirts.com/images/shirtsquare-lousy.jpg

what shirts? I can't see shirts?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:05:22 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ecuador

ETA:  where did you get that "red state conservative" shirt...i like that design

I got them all from either metrospy.com or thoseshirts.com
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:06:46 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just my opinion - not intended to flame.  

That said, I sometimes wear my EOtech shirt (because it was free), or Team AR15 shirt (because I like the color) or my Desert Rats shirt (because my buddy gave it to me after serving with them).  

You mean like wearing my "Footprint of the American Chicken" next to a peace sign shirt to a party I knew that liberals were attending?

I think it's okay if it's part of a declared "shirt war"  

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 12:33:19 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:05:35 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:29:50 AM EDT
[#48]
you should read the new testament...

oh wait...jewish...never mind  

Essayons
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:46:09 AM EDT
[#49]
+1 on watching your ass among the liberal instructors who can fuck up your grades.  Best to act like a spy in enemy territory until one day you can strike back.  My dream would be to let them think I was a liberal until I became a tenured professor, then launch my own Jehad!
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:47:20 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top