Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2002 8:25:23 PM EDT
Had a great day shooting today.  Took my older non-shooting brother out and he had a great time.  He is now talking about building a range on his farm.  Kimber Eclipse was running like a swiss clock, damn that thing is accurate.  Gave the Russian side by side and my shoulder a good workout, god I suck at trying to hit clay pigeons.  And finally was able to bump fire the Mak 90.  Was able to get half a clip one time, though most were 5 to 10 rounds.  Stupid but fun.  Weather was awesome.  KFC and snapple.  All around about the best way to spend a Sunday.

Anyone else have a good day today? [:)]
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 8:39:01 PM EDT
[#1]
i keep hearing the phrase "bump fire".  what does this mean?  i know its some way to legally fire "full auto"  can i do this with an ar???
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 8:50:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Bump-firing is the act of hooking your trigger finger and pulling the weapon against it with the non-dominant hand.  As the weapon recoils the trigger re-sets and your non-dominant hand then "pulls" it back into the firing/depressed mode.

Try the ATF legal method of using a bootstring to accomplish the same thing with an AK or Mini-14.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 8:55:11 PM EDT
[#3]
O.K. i kinda thought it wassomething like that, a friend of mine (DPD officer) can do something similar with a glock.... thanks for the info, i'll have to try that.  BTW, why can't you use the bootstring for an AR???
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top