Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2004 6:35:14 PM EDT
Sent the specs on the .22 Magnum AR-15 to the California Attourney General and they said that as long as it's not a ZIP gun, it's OK. Their approval is due to the inner mechanics which are NOT compatable with the centerfire upper. In other words, relieing on the INNER mechanics of the weapon to render it "not an AR-15" instead of exterior limitatiosn like the FAB-10. The inner mechanicle differences are un-noticable from the outside of the gun and you would never know about them unless you took the gun apart and do not affect the function so in that respect, behaviorally ( and compatability wise ), it's a full fledge .22 Magnum AR-15 that takes full size detachable mags and everything ( just like the DPMS.
Those of you who are not familiar with the background, look at my other thread/s on this subject.
Once I am done and have it inspected, I'll post pictures of the rifle, the letter from the attourney generals office and how to do this modification ( which will require advanced gunsmithing skills.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:17:07 PM EDT
[#1]
That sounds very interesting. Nice work!
Bob
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 1:19:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice Job, can't wait to see the pics.

Keep on smithin'
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 9:17:13 PM EDT
[#3]
congrats i'm glad you went through all the channels and hope it works out!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top