Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/30/2003 9:37:57 AM EDT
Last night Mrs Pic got my cash. Today I went out w/ $1.12 in change in my pocket. An hour or so ago I got hungry. As I was driving by the lumberyard, they were having a barbecue for customers, of which I am fairly often.

2 dogs, a burger, chips and coke, gratis!

Not too bad!
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 10:07:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 10:12:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
That's sad.

Mrs. Paul.
View Quote

I know her! She's the woman that makes the fish sticks, right?
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 10:15:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
That's sad.

I keep five to ten bucks in loose change in the ashtray of my truck for those midnight robberies by Mrs. Paul. Sucks when you drive up to the window to pick up your meal and they walet is emptied. The clown at the window isn't happy when you just shrug and drive on though! [:D]

"Oh I didn't tell you me and the girls were going shopping today so I took some (all[rolleyes]) money from your walet last night?"
View Quote

My wife does that to me all the time...  I'll open my wallet in line to get food only to discover that I got picked clean.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 10:29:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Man you guys got it bad! My wife takes my paycheck and gives me a $20 a week allowance to spend on whatever I want! Really! (Truthfull sarcasm)
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 10:43:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Man I feel sorry for you guys, at least you got some grup pic. There's also a reason why I check my wallet before I go to buy something. Never fail when I NEED soemthing the wife fuckin takes it. ex.1 my belt. Most pairs of pants I have I don't really need it, but the one day I wear the pair where I do need it...it's around her fucking waste!Funny thin too I found her belt right away. 2. Keys, she can NEVER find her fucking keys, I get up late one day and spend 20 minutes looking for my keys...with her.  3.$$$ I go to buy some grub and where's my $$$? She took it! It sat on the counter all fuckin weekend but NO she neededit that morning, and the best 4. We have several of those tape roller lint brush thingies laying around. Well the morning of my job interview I can't fucking find it, (it layed around for MOTHER FUCKING WEEKS!) she's got it, she "realyl needed it that morning" Lemme stop before I have a coronary.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 10:48:14 AM EDT
[#6]
When I get into my wife's purse or she gets into my wallet we give a heads-up, like, "Hey dear- I just got $10 from you."

Seems simple, but it works.  [8D]
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 10:52:02 AM EDT
[#7]
You don't always carry emergency cash??
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 11:02:36 AM EDT
[#8]
I never have cash. All I carry is my debit card. Keeps me away from the fast food and 20oz. Mt. Dews.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 11:06:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 1:06:18 PM EDT
[#10]

"Got lucky again (it's the little things)"

Me too!!  This was a little more than lunch money though.

A month ago I bought a 4 year old Sony receiver on EBay for $200.  It didn't work right, sent it in for repair under warranty.  Lemon unit.

Sony called this afternoon.  Instead of trying to fix it they're sending me this years model, which retails for $1,000, at no additional cost to me.  

Cool!  

Link Posted: 5/30/2003 1:19:58 PM EDT
[#11]
I recently found five hundred bucks in the parking lot of restaurant in Georgia.   [;)]
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 9:57:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I recently found five hundred bucks in the parking lot of restaurant in Georgia.   [;)]
View Quote

lotta that going around.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 10:04:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Many years ago, when I was REAL poor, I was getting ready to go to work. I knew the old VW was low on gas, but I was flat broke. I was trying to decide if I even had enough gas to get to work or not. It was October, and the first real cool day of the year. I grabbed my old leather jacket out of the closet and headed out the door. I shoved my hands in the pockets, and Lo' and Behold! $20!

Still, doesn't beat free barbeque at a lumberyard. Mmmmm....lumberyard burgers....
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 10:15:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 4:42:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I never have cash. All I carry is my debit card. Keeps me away from the fast food and 20oz. Mt. Dews.
View Quote

Well, you'll have fun when the networks are down.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 4:54:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Wife?

Whats that? [>:/]
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 5:07:29 PM EDT
[#17]
This thread is making me feel more comfortable with being celibate.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 5:57:33 PM EDT
[#18]
WHAT THE FUH????

Neither my wife goes through my wallet or I go through her purse. If she needs money she asks or vice versa. I would never leave her with $1.12 in her purse!!

I would leave her with $1.13 though [;)]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 10:25:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 1:05:47 AM EDT
[#20]
It's all about the stashes.  I usually have anywhere from $2 to $20 in my front left pocket, could be anything in the wallet, more in the jacket pockets, and some in the center console of every car I own.  And no you can not have my address!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top