Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/24/2003 7:00:43 AM EDT
So there it was Friday morning. Just got in, looked like it was going to be a good quiet day. Not long after I got to work I felt nature calling, had to go pinch off a ghoul. So I'm doing my business and go to reach for the paper when I run into trouble.

The new paper holder is a POS. When a full roll is put into the dispenser the paper roll wont spin. This normally wouldn't be a huge problem, but other events were in motion. I had some of delicious Mexican food with jalepenos and a bit of habenero pepper. So needless to say I was passing something that felt like battery acid. In addition, the cheap bastards have the lights set to a motion detector. No movement by the door, no lights in ten minutes. So I felt the need to be speedy and finish up my business.

So I was desperately scratching at the roll trying to get it to move, no luck. In a moment of Hulk like rage I got pissed off and smacked the dispenser. Normally not a problem, except I found the one goddamn sharp edge of the dispenser, A PLASTIC dispenser. So the knuckle by my pinky is bleeding like hell. I eventually got the damn thing to work and finished my business.  

The worst part was that I had to report the "accident" to my manager. That was a bit embarrassing.

Oh Yeah,

Merry Christmas!
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 7:03:40 AM EDT
[#1]
The worst part was that I had to report the "accident" to my manager. That was a bit embarrassing.
View Quote

You couldn't lie?
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 7:32:59 AM EDT
[#2]
You Should sue them for ruining a perfectly good dump with a faulty t.p. dispenser.
Nothin' like a good dump now and again.......
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 7:35:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Why in the hell would you report a cut you got while taking a shit as a accident?

Are you just looking for a excuse to sue the company you work for.

[red]edited by EdSr[/red]No need to insult anyone over this,especially on Christmas eve [:)]

Edited to add:
If you worked for me, and did this I would write you up for trying to destroy the toilet paper dispenser which is company property.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 9:20:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Dude, don't be so hard on him.  Some places are so paranoid about having every little bump and bruise noted and logged that he'd probably catch a lot of flak (or even be fired) for NOT reporting it.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 9:36:42 AM EDT
[#5]
I used to work for Discount tire Co for 5 years. They had this syetm set up so that everyone would get a $100 bunus if there were no injuries reported for the year. 1st reported injury lowered the bonus for everyone to $50 and the 2nd reported injury meant that everyone lost the $100 bonus. Well for you people who have worked in the auto indutry, you know that injuries happen. Cuts and broken digits and such. Well every time you cut yourself everyone just gave you yhr death stare like you were taking food from their babies. People who really needed stiches would not go because of the intimidation factor. Most of the people working there were minimum wage workers changing tires so $100 extra was alot of money.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 9:37:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Dude, don't be so hard on him.  Some places are so paranoid about having every little bump and bruise noted and logged that he'd probably catch a lot of flak (or even be fired) for NOT reporting it.
View Quote

Yeah, "report ANY injury no matter how minor" is the company line. Liability and all. They just say to make sure it is clean and doesn't get infected. It's kind of funny, I work with scalpels and razor blades all day long and the only two cut injuries have been freak non-blade accidents.

This place is better than when I worked at 3M. Two of us got gassed with a bit of HF. That got shut up real quick. I burnt myself (relatively minor burn) because a coworker screwed up and a whole huge incident report got written up with procedural changes.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 9:46:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Why in the hell would you report a cut you got while taking a shit as a accident?

Are you just looking for a excuse to sue the company you work for.

Idiot!

Edited to add:
If you worked for me, and did this I would write you up for trying to destroy the toilet paper dispenser which is company property.
View Quote

Settle down Francis!

First of all I reported because that is policy.

Second of all I am not looking to bite the hand that feeds me, that would be gay.

Third of all they pay me to break shit at work. That is what I do.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 10:03:18 AM EDT
[#8]
I once worked with a guy who got blood poisoning from a paper cut.
5 days later he had [RED]RED[/RED]streaks running up his arm and was hospitalized for the entire Christmas season!
The bad part about this is that since he didnt report it to his supervisor it almost didnt get covered which almost cost him $24,000.
If I get a pinprick from a rough stamping on a computer case or even scrape my arm reaching inside one, I report it! Just a quick verbal is all you need to CYA later!

Screw the $100 bonus!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top