Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2005 1:14:01 AM EDT
Well it took a year of testing and gathering certified documents and getting poked and prodded but I finally got hired by the police department where I live. It seemed like a lot to go through but I know that I haven't even began the real work. So is going through the academy all that rough?  Or is it one of those grit your teeth sort of things? What was it like for you when you went through the academy? Stories please?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 1:15:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Congrats and my words of advice are, get your trigger finger ready,  you'll need it for holding a pen to do all that paperwork lol
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 10:15:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Congrats.........

As far as the academy is concerned, take it one day at a time and enjoy the opportunity to begin the learning process, WHICH IN LE, NEVER ENDS.  Good Luck, you'll do just fine.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 1:55:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Which academy are you going to?  MCSO?

They are each a little differnet.  It's not difficult.  Relax and enjoy it.

Oh, and CONGRATS!

Sheep
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:06:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Congratulations  
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:10:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Congrats....do not show up with out of date tags, or no insurance for the first day.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 3:20:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Good luck-

Rook, Newbie, Jeep, FNG, Probie, Scribe, Rookie, Trainee, Know-nuthin, Ding-Dong, High Speed, Fodder, Code Green, Yessir/Nosir, Dead Head, Light-Load, Noodle, Wingnut, Piglet, Fresh Meat, Fish, Poo-butt, Trigger, Super Cop, Goober Smooch, Junior, Sprout, Sidekick, Grunt, Meat Shield, Youngster, Troop, Slapnuts, Leadfoot, Pup, Cherry, J.A.F.R., Plebe, Target, Drone, Rock, Stick, Re-tread, Snapperhead, Pie, Leg hanger, Paper droid, Paper bitch, Baggage, Rider, Shadow, A lighter shade of Blue, Cadet, Recruit, New Boot, Kilroy, Supertroop, Shag, Tackleberry, Bullet Magnet, Walking complaint, Fuzz Jr./Lint, Green Bean, Slappy, Squirt, Spotlight, Half-pint, Shit magnet, Farva, Chim-chim, All brass-no ass, Cite mite, Meter peter, Bellhop, More walky-less talky, Beeeotch, Four-digit-midget.

NorCal
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:46:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Good luck-

Rook, Newbie, Jeep, FNG, Probie, Scribe, Rookie, Trainee, Know-nuthin, Ding-Dong, High Speed, Fodder, Code Green, Yessir/Nosir, Dead Head, Light-Load, Noodle, Wingnut, Piglet, Fresh Meat, Fish, Poo-butt, Trigger, Super Cop, Goober Smooch, Junior, Sprout, Sidekick, Grunt, Meat Shield, Youngster, Troop, Slapnuts, Leadfoot, Pup, Cherry, J.A.F.R., Plebe, Target, Drone, Rock, Stick, Re-tread, Snapperhead, Pie, Leg hanger, Paper droid, Paper bitch, Baggage, Rider, Shadow, A lighter shade of Blue, Cadet, Recruit, New Boot, Kilroy, Supertroop, Shag, Tackleberry, Bullet Magnet, Walking complaint, Fuzz Jr./Lint, Green Bean, Slappy, Squirt, Spotlight, Half-pint, Shit magnet, Farva, Chim-chim, All brass-no ass, Cite mite, Meter peter, Bellhop, More walky-less talky, Beeeotch, Four-digit-midget.

NorCal

Ya forgot Traffic Bunny.

Sheep
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:41:20 PM EDT
[#8]
I got on with Mesa PD. Yeah I have been hearing about that too! But hey its a step in the right direction huh? I hope!
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 3:01:33 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Good luck-

NorCal

Ya forgot Traffic Bunny.

Sheep

...and also "Hot Dog". he
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top