Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2006 7:44:50 AM EDT

I pulled up to the McDonald's drive-thru and waited, and waited, and waited.  After a couple of minutes, the manager came walking out to me and said, "they can't hear you inside because of your loud exhaust..."  She took my oreder and went back inside.

(nothing but a stock 350c.i. single pipe w/a hole in the muffler)
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:12:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:40:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Had something similar happen in my Blazer a couple times.

I would pull up and I wouldn't hear anything over the straightpipes and cherry bombs  until I'd finally lean out of the window a little and hear them say "your truck is too loud"

I got into a habit of turning it off when I would roll up the the order box after that happened 2 or 3 times

WIZZO
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:35:57 AM EDT
[#3]
LOL, that used to happen to me alot when I had my F-350 diesel. I always had to turn it off at any drive-thru, such as the bank, Mcdonalds, etc.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:38:55 AM EDT
[#4]
I can't go through drive through's, '04 F-250 PSD.....  
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:19:27 AM EDT
[#5]
My dad bought a F-250 powerstroke diesel a few years ago.  He has to turn the engine off at the drive-thru speaker.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:52:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Yup.Have to shut her down to order.And can't fit thru half the drive-thrus anyway.(crew-cab,8' box)
"Go on in,woman,and get me my sammiches"
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:47:20 PM EDT
[#7]
My dad couldn't drive through a drive through with his '95 Chevy C3500 6.5 diesel.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:26:11 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
My dad couldn't drive through a drive through with his '95 Chevy C3500 6.5 diesel.

Sure he could, and the rest of the building, too, but no one would like the results

I pulled a 26' gooseneck with a 1 ton Dodge dually flatbed every day for a while. Drive throughs weren't an option due to both size and noise. Walking 200 yards from the far reaches of the parking lot were SOP. Even without the trailer I could fit into the drive through, most of the time, but the bottom of the window was about 3/4 of the way up theirs, so it didn't work out too well.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 3:56:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Pfft.  We did that at work with a VERY muffled stock 4.0L Jeep Cherokee at a local Sonic drivethrough.

The local Taco Bell hates my glasspacked dual-piped ScoutII  with the cam-ed engine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top