Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2005 5:54:34 PM EDT
THe standard "Want more money call"

I cut the young girl off, and said "What is the NRA doing for the gun owners in NO?"

She said that "she could understand given the situation, and that as long as the gun owners were given receipts for their guns, she didn't see any problem with it"

I said "Have you ever heard the phrase 'They Pry Them from Our Cold Dead Fingers'?"

Stamerring ensued.

I said "Did you see the old woman that had her revolver taken from her by a JBT, who tackled her?"

Response: "um, no, um I didn't"

I said "It is precisley at this time that the NRA must make a statement condeming this firearms confiscation. The second amendment doesn't have a 'because we have an emergency clause'"

"Furthermore, until I see such action, the NRA will not see a dime of my money, do you understand?"

Response: "Wow, a lot of people are saying this that I have talked to tonight"

Me : "Well, you better pass this up the chain of command, becaue this is unacceptable. Unitl I see an army of NRA lawyers defending these people, I'm not sending any money to the NRA"

Response: "OK, thanks"

+++++++++++++++++++++++

I am so freakin pissed by this....................

Please call the NRA, and your local reps.

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 6:00:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Sigh.  I worked for a big telemarketing company when I was 19 (I'm 33 now), and we had an NRA account, which was big.  Not one person in the building was associated with the NRA, nor did any of the callers know shit about NRA or guns in general.  If you wanna complain to the NRA, you need to call them or write/e-mail them personally.  People calling you won't know shit or even have any contact with the NRA directly.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 6:03:58 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
"...as long as the gun owners were given receipts for their guns, she didn't see any problem with it"

So, the 2nd Am. now reads:
The right of the people to keep and bear receipts shall not be infringed.

eta,
I can't believe I wasted post #223 on that!
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 6:05:41 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
"...as long as the gun owners were given receipts for their guns, she didn't see any problem with it"

So, the 2nd Am. now reads:
The right of the people to keep and bear receipts shall not be infringed.

Apparently so. I can't believe there is no outcry from the NRA,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 6:08:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Telemarketers don't know shit ... otherwise they wouldn't be telemarkeers.

Good rant, but when she hung up with you, she got her next call, and forgot everything you said 10 seconds later.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 6:13:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Here's a little justice.

They can't hold the Championships because all of the police are in NO shopping for new guns.

Due to Hurricane Katrina, NRA Cancels 2005 National Police Championships  

FAIRFAX, VA—Due to Hurricane Katrina's devastation of the Gulf Coast region, NRA has been forced to cancel the 44th Annual National Police Championships. The tournament had been scheduled to be held September 11-15 in Jackson, Miss., which is in the area directly impacted by the hurricane.
"This difficult but prudent decision was reached after extended internal discussions and consultations with all involved parties," said Kayne Robinson, former assistant chief of Police in Des Moines, Iowa, and now executive director of NRA's General Operations. "It is heartrending to see the tragedy that has befallen the citizens of the Gulf states," he continued. "The human toll is tragic. Hundreds of law enforcement officers from the region are obviously needed to deal with the extreme emergency produced by the hurricane. Our thoughts and prayers are with the families who are coping through this difficult time."

The National Police Championships are considered by many to be the world’s most prestigious police shooting contest. Nearly 500 competitors from five countries were expected to participate this year.

NRA urges all citizens to make whatever contributions they can to the relief agency of their choice to aid the victims of this tragedy. For a list of government and private agencies, click here.

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 6:27:20 PM EDT
[#6]
If you're ninja-quick, you can flash the receipt in front of your assailant's eye so quickly that he thinks it's a gun and he'll run away in fright. Really. No fooling.

(Okay, there's actually a little more to it than this, but only true ninjas can be trusted with the entire formula.)
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 6:30:34 PM EDT
[#7]
NRA

Doesn't that stand for NOT REALLY AWARE
we just want your money
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 6:39:25 PM EDT
[#8]
No Real Authority.....a paper tiger.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 6:46:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Another NRA bashing thread...

When will people learn. I guess you people threaten everyone with not giving your money when you don't get what you want. How about saying "Ms. NRA Rep, this organization has made CCW available for many states, helped the AWB expire, help SB397 pass with no ill effect, sure, I can donate a few extra dollars anyway. Not like I was donating it to the Red Cross or anything".

I guess you all threatened to separate when the 86 MG ban was on the table, or when the AWB was put into law, but you are still here. There are only so many times one can play the ace in the hole.

Seems like everyone is looking for a reason to not help our cause and not help the financial structure and want to pass it on to loyal members like myself.

ETA: Without the NRA, we'd probably be ahead of england only by having single shot cap and ball revolvers for hunting, which are all licensed and regulated.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 6:50:51 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

When will people learn. I guess you people threaten everyone with not giving your money when you don't get what you want. How about saying "Ms. NRA Rep, this organization has made CCW available for many states, helped the AWB expire, help SB397 pass with no ill effect, sure, I can donate a few extra dollars anyway. Not like I was donating it to the Red Cross or anything".

I guess you all threatened to separate when the 86 MG ban was on the table, or when the AWB was put into law, but you are still here. There are only so many times one can play the ace in the hole.

Seems like everyone is looking for a reason to not help our cause and not help the financial structure and want to pass it on to loyal members like myself.

ETA: Without the NRA, we'd probably be ahead of england only by having single shot cap and ball revolvers for hunting, which are all licensed and regulated.

Actually I support the NRA through the Round Up Program
But MY point is  
THEY CAN DO MORE
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 6:53:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Yup, you are right, and it takes time and support. And we can do more. So entropy... what have you done to stop confiscations in NO?

If people are really as pissed at the NRA as they have been saying, I encourage them to ge ttheir life membership so they may vote new leadership in.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 6:56:34 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

And when the GOOD people of NO needed their guns what good did ANY of the above do????

Just for the record I am an NRA member paid up several years in advance, and I agree with the original poster.  Prediction:  As soon as things get relatively stable there will be a lot of blustering and posturing from a number of organizations on this topic.  As soon as Uncle Sammy gives the high sign.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 6:57:28 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
How about saying "Ms. NRA Rep, this organization has made CCW available for many states, helped the AWB expire, help SB397 pass with no ill effect, sure, I can donate a few extra dollars anyway. Not like I was donating it to the Red Cross or anything".

1.) IL doesn't have CCW.
2.) AWB expired because of the Republican Majority
3.) the 86 Ban was a grevious and serious dissapointment
4.) I haven't been a member since 96.
5.) The NRA does not regulate laws in this country.
6.) They like so many bureaucratic institutions become stale and out dated
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:02:22 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

A truly inane answer.  What good will a National Rifle Association do when the .gov has TAKEN OUR RIFLES?
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:04:44 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
How about saying "Ms. NRA Rep, this organization has made CCW available for many states, helped the AWB expire, help SB397 pass with no ill effect, sure, I can donate a few extra dollars anyway. Not like I was donating it to the Red Cross or anything".

1.) IL doesn't have CCW. I know, fire some elected officials
2.) AWB expired because of the Republican Majority You don't think the NRA had even an ounce of help in that even happening?
3.) the 86 Ban was a grevious and serious dissapointment Sure was, and people probably were sitting around when they found out the legislation was on the table... sitting around not writing their senators, not letting the NRA know their opinions etc
4.) I haven't been a member since 96. Another person who has left the 800lb gorilla's foundation on someone else's shoulders
5.) The NRA does not regulate laws in this country. So I guess the NRA doesn't have any influence on what laws get introduced? I guess a bunch of states magically woke up one day and said they wanted a CCW system.
6.) They like so many bureaucratic institutions become stale and out dated  Unfortunately, that isn't the case with the VPC or DNC... the VPC doesn't write laws either do they? I had to get a Brady background check the other day for my M1A... hmm... and I bet their supporters didn't start bitching at everything the Brady bunch didn't act upon immediately.

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:05:28 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
A truly inane answer.  What good will a National Rifle Association do when the .gov has TAKEN OUR RIFLES?

They can have my bullets, I don't know why anyone would hand over their weapons.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:22:54 PM EDT
[#17]
I get calls from people all of the time claiming to be from the NRA, a police organization or some other charity.  Their numbers do not show up on caller ID so I just tell them that since I can't verify who they are using caller ID, I can't talk to them.  I then hang up.  With the scams going around, I just can't take the chance.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:33:48 PM EDT
[#18]
the NRA are master fund raisers,  shitty lobbiest for the last say.. 50 years
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:39:52 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I think Bill Clinton and Al Gore might disagree with you on that.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:42:58 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Here's a little justice.

They can't hold the Championships because all of the police are in NO shopping for new guns.

Due to Hurricane Katrina, NRA Cancels 2005 National Police Championships  

FAIRFAX, VA—Due to Hurricane Katrina's devastation of the Gulf Coast region, NRA has been forced to cancel the 44th Annual National Police Championships. The tournament had been scheduled to be held September 11-15 in Jackson, Miss., which is in the area directly impacted by the hurricane.
"This difficult but prudent decision was reached after extended internal discussions and consultations with all involved parties," said Kayne Robinson, former assistant chief of Police in Des Moines, Iowa, and now executive director of NRA's General Operations. "It is heartrending to see the tragedy that has befallen the citizens of the Gulf states," he continued. "The human toll is tragic. Hundreds of law enforcement officers from the region are obviously needed to deal with the extreme emergency produced by the hurricane. Our thoughts and prayers are with the families who are coping through this difficult time."

The National Police Championships are considered by many to be the world’s most prestigious police shooting contest. Nearly 500 competitors from five countries were expected to participate this year.

NRA urges all citizens to make whatever contributions they can to the relief agency of their choice to aid the victims of this tragedy. For a list of government and private agencies, click here.

I don't understand why they can't have the Championship, there seems to be cops from everywhere right there....
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:58:19 PM EDT
[#21]
So, what do you anti-NRA types propose we do?  Other than cry that the NRA sucks?  Do you guys even call, write letters or actually get involved in helping secure your 2nd Amendment rights?  
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:59:27 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
,  shitty lobbiest for the last say.. 50 years

Yeah thats why the liberals cringe everytime you mention the NRA. Yeah they arent perdect, but with such a small minority of membership, its amazing they have the clout they do.  As  long as they are a feared and loathed org by the Libratds, I will support them, sure they are not perfect, but given the apparent lack of support by the gun owning public( in regards toie the RKBA in general), how much motivation and abilty do we think they really have?

If the NRA fell apart completely, the libtards and many gun owners will be as sone. Rejoicing ove rteh demise of an org that put pressure on folks in DC and drove libs nuts. They will champion it as their greatest victory EVER and will be thanking many of the gun owning public for making it possible. Without fical , cheap, and petty gun owners, the Libtards are powerless.

Will another org step up?  and get as influential as the NRA? Better? No. Why because we are a cheap and petty lot. Instead of rallying in our respective orgs and trying to change them by adding more members who can make a difference. We are taking out ball and going home.

Folks we need to make a change and the way to do it is to get the numbers we need. 20 mil NRA members will make it an effective org that will do as we desire. GOA with as many numbers will be as good. JPFO woud be great with those numbers.

With multiple orgs with members in the tens of million each, we can make a difference.

By being petty and whining about it like liberals, we are just giving the enemy the fuel they need. Its like watching democrats complain about the WOT day in and day out. Nothing is ever good enough. And instead of having a construstive idea or any support at all, they say "pull out"  So many liberal democrat minded gun owners are worse than any antigunner that has ever walked this earth.

We are our own worst enemy. I am getting physicaly sick when I log on and watch the liberals gun owners , cry like babies and scream "pull out". There does not seem to a huge difference to me. Stay supportive but do what you can to make changes effectively. Write the NRA heads, the GOA heads (why is that org neglected so much?) JPFO, local politicians and on up. GEt folks you think are solid and get them to join RKBA groups. dont be petty and abandon any org. Change the org. Be active. Dont like the org politics? Get involved, take it over, reform it.

But I doubt most will do that. Just like liberals , they will expect the big names to take care of them while they sit back anc b*tch and complain and sharpshoot anything done therefore hindering progress.

I think I need to take a break from GD. I am getting sick reading the whiney lets pull out mentality folks have.

I am not the most pleased person with the NRA, or GOA, of anyone else for the whole part. We as gun owners should never have had to deal with the BS we have been dealing with for many many years. It should NEVER even get as close as it does. I think that instead of quiting, or constantly pointing out the inconsistencies, much like the liberals try to do with the WOT, I am doing my part to reform it. Al orgs need reformation after a time. Its easier to reform than to create. Lets see what we have or had and make it great.

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:00:47 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
So, what do you anti-NRA types propose we do?  Other than cry that the NRA sucks?  Do you guys even call, write letters or actually get involved in helping secure your 2nd Amendment rights?  

Most will say they do, but if it were true, we wouldnt be having any problems with the RKBA in general. And they say the NRA only gives lip service. They think that just by owning a gun and going to the range once ina  while will preserve their rights.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:08:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Type in Charlton Heston and Gun Control into the search engine Google.They are for gun control.They just give the illusion that they are pro gun.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:27:38 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Type in Charlton Heston and Gun Control into the search engine Google.They are for gun control.They just give the illusion that they are pro gun.

You're kidding right
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:37:16 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

1.) IL doesn't have CCW.
2.) AWB expired because of the Republican Majority
3.) the 86 Ban was a grevious and serious dissapointment
4.) I haven't been a member since 96.
5.) The NRA does not regulate laws in this country.
6.) They like so many bureaucratic institutions become stale and out dated

YOU are so completely full of shit it is unbelievable, do you actually beleive that shit you posted? The NRA is fighting everyday for our rights, They aren't going to win ALL the battles. Because of whiners like you they have to fight harder (Sedition). Hell, Even Bill Clinton admitted that the liberals were defeated in the election due to the NRA.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:49:21 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:50:27 AM EDT
[#28]
NRA website acknowledges the gun confiscation in NO but that's about it.
I don't see any condemnation of this act on the opening page.
I'm pretty disappointed and my future renewal will depend very much on their timely answer if they ever give one.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:57:05 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I willing to bet that the original post is nothing but BS. 99% of the calls for money come from telemarketing firms hired by the NRA. The people you talk to are not NRA reps and don't know shit.

Probably some telemarketer just reading a script with answer sheets attached. Poor business and PR decision on their part
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:03:08 AM EDT
[#30]

I do not see the NRA helping.

The ACLU moves at a lightning pace speed to get a cross removed from a city seal, but the NRA is kicking back when guns are being taken away.

They have until Decemeber to return my email explaining this. After all, they said someone would contact me about this matter after I pressed the submit button.

If not, cross me off the list.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:12:22 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

YOU CAN'T GET THROUGH TO THESE MORONS....you should just save the above so you can cut and paste where needed. I didn't, so I just quit typing.
Some people are just like the savages in N.O., liberals, Jesse Jackson, ect. They thrive on victimhood.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:14:01 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Totally insane comment. Unbelievably stupid.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:18:54 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They can have my bullets, I don't know why anyone would hand over their weapons.

+1

I'd hate to think that this is what it would come too. But MAN! What a bunch of wussies. You are going to LET them take your rifles? People have died so you all would have the balls to stand up for injustice. Our young and old a like are dying TODAY in a far off land so you would have the balls to stand up and say, "THESE ARE MY RIGHTS AND I'LL DEFEND THEM MYSELF IF I HAVE TOO!

If you don't have the guts to stand up for yourself, then maybe you shouldn't have any Rights at all. Nobody is going to GIVE them too you. You have to account for them yourself. Whether that's a legal route or going all the way. Otherwise, people that talk the talk, but don't walk the walk are just paper tigers themselves. Injustice happens every day and you are living in a fake world if you think all the "laws on paper" will keep that injustice away from you all the time.

The NRA is a good organization, but it's just people. And people are not perfect, so if you think they can look into a crystal ball and see all, you are wrong. It's up to everyone to let them know what's going on and to put "our" political pressure on them, to keep them honest and to force them to pursue the Right on ALL gun Rights. Not just the ones for duck hunters. After seeing Wayne, waylay that bitch Rebecca Peters over in England, the NRA has my respect. They have a LOT on their plate and ARE trying to keep the "world" government from letting Hillary and her crowd take away ALL of our guns. Period. Personally, I am surprized there haven't been any cops shot when they went started the confiscatitions. On one hand, that's good, life is precious, but on the other hand that also says a lot about the citizens in our country. The thought process is...the law protects me from everything and if I have the law on my side, no injustice can happen to me and I don't have to think, worry or act like my own self preservation is important to me.

* You know, I HAD to take a legal route to protect my Rights at winter, and when the government people found out I would not back down, I knew they were wrong, I was going to use my lawyer to screw them a good one, they backed right down. I knew I didn't do anything wrong, they were fishing and they got their hand slapped...hard. I could have caved in and saved some money and purchased a new pistol for what I was out, but I'd rather stand up for my Rights than be a ignorant or a coward. It's up to everyone to stand up and mean it. Or it's all meaningless. And I hope there are some big freakin' lawsuits against the cops over this one. Personal lawsuits against the officers that took the guns and the ones above them. That guy who tackled that old lady shouldn't be a cop. Period.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:21:15 AM EDT
[#34]

It's up to everyone to let them know what's going on and to put "our" political pressure on them, to keep them honest and to force them to pursue the Right.....

The only pressure we have with the NRA is the dollar.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:31:45 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

It's up to everyone to let them know what's going on and to put "our" political pressure on them, to keep them honest and to force them to pursue the Right.....

Well then, there you go. Let them know you won't be contributing and they'll wake up..won't they?

I'm paid up for a few years, but when they start doing something like this, I let them know, no more money until you take some action. And I usually give more than a membership every year.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:01:31 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

How about using a life membership to fire the current NRA leadership if you are not satisfied??? Cutting them short of contributions would be much easier.

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:32:47 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:36:55 AM EDT
[#38]
The only thing stupider than belonging to the NRA is NOT belonging to the NRA.  The NRA are a bunch of stuffed shirt suits, but that is what Washington DC is.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:55:54 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How about using a life membership to fire the current NRA leadership if you are not satisfied??? Cutting them short of contributions would be much easier.

I am not among the "currently disgruntled" on this issue (I'd like to have a little more solid information before blasting our best friend/resource in DC, but YMMV ), but I have often thought that we probably have enough Life Members here on ARFCOM to pool our votes and try to elect some folks to the Board who are more interested in EBRs, home- & self-defense issues, etc.  If even half of the folks here who claim to be Life Members aren't lying and are willing to confer here on the various candidates, we might be a decent voting block.  Has this ever been tried/organized here before?  (I don't recall seeing it...)
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:08:08 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

A big +1
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:28:29 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
I willing to bet that the original post is nothing but BS. 99% of the calls for money come from telemarketing firms hired by the NRA. The people you talk to are not NRA reps and don't know shit.

You would be wrong.  I got the call.  What's not to beleive?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:41:56 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't think he meant your story was BS, but that the comments from the telemarketer were BS, i.e. they were not NRA-affiliated (other than being contracted to make calls), as has already been pointed out.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:56:01 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:03:38 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Sigh.  I worked for a big telemarketing company when I was 19 (I'm 33 now), and we had an NRA account, which was big.  Not one person in the building was associated with the NRA, nor did any of the callers know shit about NRA or guns in general.  If you wanna complain to the NRA, you need to call them or write/e-mail them personally.  People calling you won't know shit or even have any contact with the NRA directly.

exactly, pissin on the wrong tree, call or email direct.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:03:40 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't think he meant your story was BS, but that the comments from the telemarketer were BS, i.e. they were not NRA-affiliated (other than being contracted to make calls), as has already been pointed out.

What he said.

After re-reading my post, I can see where the confusion could come from. Sorry!

No harm , no foul!

All good here!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top