Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 9/20/2009 10:13:59 PM EST
So last Wednesday I got a bloody nose without warning. No big deal except I haven't got one in almost 25 years. I was talking with my buddy here in town over the weekend and he tells me he got a bloody nose on the same day... I thought WTF?

Grew up in San Diego and had maybe 1 nose bleed when I was like 10 years old. I've been in Las Vegas for almost 8 years and it was strange that my friend got a nose bleed on the same day

Its was no big deal but it got me thinking... anybody get a nosebleed in the last few days for no reason?
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 10:17:30 PM EST
Nevada? Hookers & Blow. How much coke have ya been snort'n?
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 10:23:01 PM EST
none of that stuff has gone up my nose buddy... now the hookers is a different story
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 10:30:27 PM EST
Dibs on guns/ammo/vehicles
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 10:38:56 PM EST
I usually get them twice a year or so. Usually once in fall, once in spring it seems.

My last one was a few months back while grocery shopping. Felt the my upper lip was kinda wet...licked it...yea...blood. I kept shopping, just kept my head up and shuffled around like a zombie.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 10:40:42 PM EST

Originally Posted By rara1141:
Its was no big deal but it got me thinking... anybody get a nosebleed in the last few days for no reason?

Nope, not here. My last bloody nose was in Defensive Tactics class in May during our final.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 10:41:45 PM EST
Take the straw out of your nose before you bang it on the mirror.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 11:03:58 PM EST

Originally Posted By Lefthandpath:
I usually get them twice a year or so. Usually once in fall, once in spring it seems.

My last one was a few months back while grocery shopping. Felt the my upper lip was kinda wet...licked it...yea...blood. I kept shopping, just kept my head up and shuffled around like a zombie.

Thank god there were no ARFCOMmers in the area...
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 11:05:25 PM EST
maybe put a humidifier in your bedroom?
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 11:15:30 PM EST

I actually just had one a couple of hours ago. First time in a few years.
But I was digging for gold in there pretty hard so it was kinda expected...
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 12:15:11 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/21/2009 12:16:13 AM EST by Triptech]
I used to get 3 to 4 bloody noses a week as a kid.

I'd be sitting there, chillin... BLOOD. Didnt matter what activity I was doing, what the humidity or temperature was... just got them constantly.

When I was around 10 or 11, I got my nostrils cauterized.

Now, thats a special slice of hell that every kid should endure at least once.

It felt like someone took a red hot iron and shoved it in to my brain.

SMOKE came out of my nose. IIRC, they used Silver Nitrate on a long wooden stick... and jammed that fucker up there.

Good times.
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 12:46:04 AM EST
So last Wednesday I got a bloody nose without warning. No big deal except I haven't got one in almost 25 years. I was talking with my buddy here in town over the weekend and he tells me he got a bloody nose on the same day... I thought WTF?

Grew up in San Diego and had maybe 1 nose bleed when I was like 10 years old. I've been in Las Vegas for almost 8 years and it was strange that my friend got a nose bleed on the same day

Two possibilities: Dry air cased cracks in the vessels; or high blood pressure - get checked. For BP - use one of this machines you see in phramacies.
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 2:08:17 AM EST
I got one the other day and it's probably been close to forty years since I've had one. Just sitting at my desk, at work, and thought my nose was running. When I wiped it with my handkerchief it was pouring blood. It stopped pretty quick but was repeated again in a couple of days.
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 2:16:06 AM EST
i get them all the time. my record is 11 in one day. was driving home for 7 of them. fun trying to drive and plug them dam again. havent had any since i got to Japan though. too humid here i guess.
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 2:17:12 AM EST
I got a bloody nose once, but it came from the exterior. A giant gash on the bridge that bled incredibly. 4 stitches, and I can see the scar today if I wrinkle my nose up, and that was 10 years ago.

Can't recall any specific times I had a random nosebleed.
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 2:29:32 AM EST
You mean without getting hit?

Never had one without a reason.
Top Top