Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/4/2008 1:05:21 PM EDT
Well I had enough after 8 years with the same job, I gave up and will only be working part for them at the same pay scale though.Hopefully I can seperate fully from them in the next few months.

I took a posistion with a chain sporting goods store, I will be working the gun section mostly I am told.

Taking a 40% pay cut but My happiness is worth $50 a day.. Manager said lot of oppurtunity for fulltime mangaement posistion once I "prove" myself to them. Another bonus is a get a 25% discount on everything except guns and ammo which is 15%.:D:)

Of course I am not big on giving opinions when not asked, so dont call me a gunshop commando please..Of course their is No right answer on which gun to recommend. ButIll give facts rather than opinion, such as  ".40 calinber is used by alot of departments" and "the millitary uses 9mm" will allow the buyer to make an informed decision on their own hopefully.
.22 caliber for self defense is what ill be recomending for the most part, and 9mm for killing elephants, Just kidding!

Again It may be stupid on my part to take a lower paying job in todays economy. But i'll be home at a decent hour everyday, spend time with my wife and kids, and finish up my degree over the next 2 years.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 1:06:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey gunstore commando, does this holster make my butt look fat?

Congratulations on doing something that makes you happy!
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 1:07:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool, Have fun.

I've always wanted to have job like that.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 1:25:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Our PM quit 6 weeks ago.  I goe stuck doing his job.  I hate it.  It's only temporary and I go back to the shop.  It reminds me how important it is to be happy what you are doing.  Beside hitting arfcom during the day, this sucks.  Life is short.  Do what makes you happy.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 1:28:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I think I was offered a job selling guns indirectly the other day.  Don't see the incentive without commission on sales.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 1:29:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Which store?
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 1:31:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 1:33:33 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
It is fun at first, but you will burnout rather quickly.

At least I have

I'd imagine being muzzle swept and having guns pointed at you would get old quickly, all this before you get to stupid questions.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 1:43:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
It is fun at first, but you will burnout rather quickly.

Atleat I have

Hey Im sure it would be like any job after awhile, but im simple a workplace with A/C and heat and im set..If i get tired of guns I can tranfers within the store to another dept. also more than likely.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 6:58:27 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Which store?

BP.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top