Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2015 2:04:38 PM EDT
But to use it, I have to buy a $499 Nexus 6?

Best sales strategy ever.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:10:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

View Quote

Currently.  If they want it to succeed they'll have to open it up to other Android and iOS phones down the road.

I'm tempted particularly with the international data in 120 countries included.  But they need to support iOS first
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:17:01 PM EDT
[#2]
You didn't know?

Try republic wireless. Same billing model, cheaper plans, WiFi and cellular calling, and Motorola phones that run plain android (no bloatware). Plus the Moto X second gen is cheaper than the nexus 6 (5.1" screen instead of a 6" screen).

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:18:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

That plus you can't use it on Verizon's network made me delete my invitation
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:19:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You didn't know?

Try republic wireless. Same billing model, cheaper plans, WiFi and cellular calling, and Motorola phones that run plain android (no bloatware). Plus the Moto X second gen is cheaper than the nexus 6 (5.1" screen instead of a 6" screen).

View Quote

No, I actually didn't even request an invite, it just showed up in my Gmail inbox personalized for me and everything. I must live in some market they are testing.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:24:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

You didn't know?

View Quote

Or the Moto X 3rd Gen which will be $399 off contract brand new, out sometime this month. 5.9 screen.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:25:00 PM EDT
[#6]
If it works with iPhones they will take over lol
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:29:26 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

You didn't know?

View Quote

Too bad Republic Wireless uses crappy CDMA towers. I'd rather use Cricket as my MVNO and get service on ATT towers over GSM...especially if I am buying my cellular device outright. Most likely you'll be happier with a GSM device if you ever travel outside the country, as no one relevant uses CDMA besides Americans. Plus, CDMA coverage sucks everywhere.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:34:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Too bad Republic Wireless uses crappy CDMA towers. I'd rather use Cricket as my MVNO and get service on ATT towers over GSM...especially if I am buying my cellular device outright. Most likely you'll be happier with a GSM device if you ever travel outside the country, as no one relevant uses CDMA besides Americans. Plus, CDMA coverage sucks everywhere.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You didn't know?

You do know that Verizon uses CDMA and they have by far the most coverage in the US, right?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:41:43 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

You do know that Verizon uses CDMA and they have by far the most coverage in the US, right?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You didn't know?

You do know Republic Wireless uses Sprints CDMA towers, and that Verizon is dropping CDMA in favor of VoLTE (pure LTE) as we speak.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:47:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Hopefully the rumored Nexus 5 (2015) will be supported.  Nexus 6 is just too big and expensive for me.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:59:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Few of us have tried it out over here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top