Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2002 1:28:40 PM EDT
Well, it was actually 4.30 this morning.
By the time he walked to my car I had my lap belt on, dome light on, window down, engine off, and both hands on wheel.
He asked me where was I going in such a hurry  that I had to do 65 in a 40.
Just coming home from work.
Asks for license but not proof of ins or registration. The whole time he turns away from me when talking on his radio.
Then asks me if I'm wanted anywhere? I say no and hand him my carry permit. Tell him I have no pistol with me cause I work at the BP refinery and can't carry on their property. [see my topic on being banished].
Hands everything back and tell me to slow down and sends me on my way WITHOUT A TICKET.
Needless to say I feel rather lucky about the whole deal.[:D]
Why would he ask me if I was wanted anywhere? Radio problems?
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 1:30:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 1:37:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 2:05:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Without a doubt, I thanked him.

Why would people admit that they are wanted? Just stupid?
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 2:24:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Your were being polite.He figured you would probably tell him if you haven't paid a ticket.Most people just want to get it out of the way,so they go ahead and tell ya.They figure that you are going to find out anyway.The reason he didn't give you a ticket is(based on my exp.)because you were not being a jerk about it.You did not give him any mouth and you did everything correct.Not all police officers are jerks.....
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 2:34:42 PM EDT
[#5]
When I work graves, I stop everyone that I can.  I am looking for the big fish, so I let the little ones go.  Especially when they are polite.  You would be amazed at what people will tell you when you ask.  I have even had several people tell me they were wanted without even asking.  My .02

[>]:)]
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 2:40:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
When I work graves, I stop everyone that I can.  I am looking for the big fish, so I let the little ones go.  Especially when they are polite.  You would be amazed at what people will tell you when you ask.  I have even had several people tell me they were wanted without even asking.  My .02

[>]:)]
View Quote

same here, you can tell who you're looking for within about a 30 second conversation and smelling them [;)] seriously.
the reason he didn't ask for insurance is that in most cases when the plate comes back with a lien on the title you have to have insurance or the lienholder will repo the car.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 2:48:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 3:19:42 PM EDT
[#8]
You should have called him a pig, and asked him why he was infringing on your God given right to speed, which is part of the right to travel, which is found in the penumbra of the constitution.  You also should have asked him to see the warrant for his radar search of your vehicle.  I'm sure he would have still let you off without a ticket, if not, I'm sure he's just an a-hole
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top