Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 11/27/2003 11:04:22 AM EDT
abcnews.go.com/sections/GMA/World/Gorillas_Babies_Howletts_031126-1.html

Babies and the Beasts?
Millionaire Zoo Owner to Hand Infant to Gorilla; Calls It ‘Wonderful’

"It's not a big deal for me. That's why the sort of fuss that this has created is slightly bemusing because it's happened here for 40 years," he said. "It's a completely natural organic thing for me to do. I take great joy when one, one of the gorillas here has a baby. They would take great joy I'm sure in seeing that I've had a baby."
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 11:14:32 AM EDT
I truly hope that the gorillia ripps off the kids limbs and and bites off his head. This blood line has to be put to an end. -HS
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 11:20:28 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 11:28:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/27/2003 11:30:14 AM EDT by ArmdLbrl]
It all depends on if that gorilla is really "wild" or not. They are gentle enough with other animals. Koko the talking gorilla in Georgia has had cats all her life. But she was raised by humans her whole life. But on the other hand there are gorillias in zoos that have to have their own infants taken from them because they have no mothering instincts. If it works, it works.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 11:28:56 AM EDT
I have had dogs that were quite protective of little one's. Wasn't there last year a kid who fell and hurt himself in a Gorilla pen. I believe the Gorilla looked over him like it would one of its own. I would also be more fearful of Micheal Jackson than the Gorillas.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 11:32:50 AM EDT
Originally Posted By eodtech2000: I have had dogs that were quite protective of little one's. Wasn't there last year a kid who fell and hurt himself in a Gorilla pen. I believe the Gorilla looked over him like it would one of its own. I would also be more fearful of Micheal Jackson than the Gorillas.
View Quote
It was more than a year ago, more like 3 or 4 at the Cleveland zoo I think. That gorilla was already a mom though. It had the injured human kid in one hand and its own on the other. Who knows, maybe we are close to finally domesticating apes.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 11:35:53 AM EDT
Originally Posted By ArmdLbrl:
Originally Posted By eodtech2000: I have had dogs that were quite protective of little one's. Wasn't there last year a kid who fell and hurt himself in a Gorilla pen. I believe the Gorilla looked over him like it would one of its own. I would also be more fearful of Micheal Jackson than the Gorillas.
View Quote
It was more than a year ago, more like 3 or 4 at the Cleveland zoo I think. That gorilla was already a mom though. It had the injured human kid in one hand and its own on the other. [red]Who knows, maybe we are close to finally domesticating apes.
View Quote
[/red] Now, if only we could get the Democrats under control.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 1:21:27 PM EDT
Originally Posted By ArmdLbrl: Who knows, maybe we are close to finally domesticating apes.
View Quote
[img]http://www.movieactors.com/photos-sf/planapes.jpeg[/img] Didn't we already see the documentary about the dangers of domesticating apes?
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 1:48:33 PM EDT
Michael Jackson at it again?
Top Top