User Panel

Posted: 6/29/2002 4:09:13 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 4:11:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 4:13:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 4:18:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I"m hoping the new SEC rule requiring the CEO's to sign off on SEC filings will make the lying, cheating, stealing, kniving , overpaid (did I miss any) CEOs, the 'look the other way' boards, and the country kitchen cookin' auditors to clean up their acts or GO TO JAIL!
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 4:19:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 4:36:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 4:41:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If Bush doesn't start getting his act straight this is an issue that could hurt him and the Republican party. They are lucky that most people haven't started to feel the same way Gore does.
View Quote

==============================================

"FEEL"..,!! you see that is the friggen problem here in these tymes, far too damn many people are "FEELING" & not using their brains for thynking !!!!!!!!!!!

ever since the LBJ admin. this country has fallen into the flukin "FEEL" mode, everyone "FEELS" about this or that or somthyng else.., it seems no one is using their brain to THYNK wyth.., has any one noticed that very few people ever say "I BELIVE"...????? most are using that idiot liberal phrase, "I FEEL"

try believing in somthyng for a change & become a conservative, stop being a liberal who do nothyng but "FEEL" GAWD...!! do i hate that "FEEL" word when it eminates from the mouth of a liberal........[:D}

Link Posted: 6/29/2002 4:54:22 AM EDT
[#7]
All these people started this back in the 90's when the Klinton/Gore administration were in power. Most of these people were heavy contributors to the democrats. People I knew voted for democrats because they saw the dems as a group that would be more likely to condone this type of activity. They saw the dems as a party that is more likely to run the economy ragged and therefore allow for those at the top gain power and money.
The government is not responsible for improvements in the economy but they are certainly responsible for its problems. It is simple economics.
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 5:00:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 5:05:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks Jack, I've been trying to point this out to people around me for years and all I get for my trouble are funny looks and comments that ammount to "your nuts"
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 6:30:13 AM EDT
[#10]
I heard from news reports that Buddy Ebbers of MCI/Worldcom contributed to both the Repbulican and Democratic parties to cover their bases. I think during Klinton's watch, a lot of these companies were allowed to merge. Conisder this, if they weren't to merge the effects would only be limited to only a few companies.
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 7:32:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Actually Gore doesn't matter... I don't think Gore is playing with a full deck anyways.

Ben
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 7:43:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Isn't all this a result of Klinton's years of screwing big business into these tyoe of tactics with anti-business practices?  Also, wasn't he pres two years ago when all this started?  How can that be W's fault???
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top