Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2007 2:10:11 PM EDT

is it supposed to be a melting ice berg, like a global warming thing?
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 2:11:24 PM EDT
[#1]
WTF!
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 2:12:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 2:13:36 PM EDT
[#3]
That's how I interpreted it
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 2:14:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Al said it would happen sooner or later....

Danny
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 2:15:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Granola Eating Hippies.

Link Posted: 4/22/2007 2:29:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I took it as a sign of the coming Ice Age that was reported 15 years ago.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 2:29:39 PM EDT
[#7]
If you don't like it don't use it.  It's still one of the better search engines out there.

Although----They do have an odd, faggotity decision making process on which holidays to memorialize.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 2:30:50 PM EDT
[#8]
The Earth is warming guys - that fact is a non political fact.  It's not like they have a banner screaming "support Kyoto."
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 2:41:28 PM EDT
[#9]
I thought they were just mimicking this (fake) pic:

It was a popular email forward for some time.

Link Posted: 4/22/2007 2:45:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Stupid Google, 90% of the ice should be under the water.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 2:48:09 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
The Earth is warming guys - that fact is a non political fact.  It's not like they have a banner screaming "support Kyoto."

What it is warm from is another argument.

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 2:55:33 PM EDT
[#12]
www.google.com/firefox?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official

Thank God I start google with the mozilla default page...  what a bunch of liberal toads.

Link Posted: 4/22/2007 3:29:32 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

actually, that "fact" is debatable.

Have you ever heard of the "urban het island" effect?

We compensate for it, but the compensation is just guess work.

The arctic ice has reduced, but antarctic ice has increased, and the temp readings ahve dropped.

Link Posted: 4/22/2007 3:34:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Well if the ice (Google) is melting that symbolizes their downfall. About time.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 3:37:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Google's special graphics for Memorial Day and Veterans's day are always a treat.  Oh, wait a minute, they're not, because Google doesn't do special graphics for those days.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 3:38:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Our "leaders" have sold us out to China and India;read Iacoccas'(sp?) new book.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 3:52:56 PM EDT
[#17]
I saw something on the History Channel the other day about submarines during the cold war and how American and Soviet subs played a not so friendly version of hide and go seek under the polor ice cap and how the subs actually surfaced THROUGH the thing at the exact location of the north pole. Obviously the thing isn't that thick anyway and hasn't been for at least 30 years.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 4:05:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Man, yall are as sensitive as the pansy ass hippies you hate. It's a fucking picture, get over it or use a different search engine. Fuck's sake. WAAAAAAAAAAAA
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 4:09:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Talk about a blonde moment!! I saw that on Google this morning and furrowed my brow, thinking "it must be the anniversary of the Titanic sinking or something" and didn't give it another thought! Nevermind the fact that I work for a libtard government agency that spent ALL WEEK with Earth Day activites last week!!

Link Posted: 4/22/2007 4:22:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Earth day, penguin day, Chavez day, hug your neighbor day, WTF people am I supposed to have some colored ribbon hanging on my door every other week?

Their should be less holidays, that way they mean something. Instead every other week someone gets to celebrate something, and if Friday was for stoner's how did earth day end up Sunday? Whats next week, Bring an illegal to work day?

I'm still pissed that someone stole my Christmas and turned it into the HOLIDAYS!

Last I heard they were even attacking the easter bunny..........

I go to work, come home, mind my business, but woke up in the frigging Twilight Zone when all my Special days disappeared and got replaced with some lame Gy (<-trying not to get banned) excuse for a day.................
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 4:24:31 PM EDT
[#21]
ONLY AL GORE CAN SAVE GOOGLE!!!

Link Posted: 4/22/2007 4:28:45 PM EDT
[#22]
This past april was the coldest in 113 years. If the craze was "a new ice age cometh" they'd be hyping that and making the same demands: increase taxation, empower government even more, spend more money on useless studies, and scaring the kids.

The planet is 1 degree warmer slightly - over 20 years after a 40 year cooling cycle.

The climate has never been constant even keel EVER; the planet has warmed and cooled again and repeated it over and over and over; great ice sheets have covered North America, receeded and then expanded again - all WITHOUT SUVs and urban sprawl.

Yes, we humans have some input, but we're not in the driver's seat on "global warming" and we're not going to be able to cool the planet considerably either unless we cease all activity overnight.

But even then, the sun, cosmic rays, earth's volcanoes (terrestrial and submarine) are all having FAR, FAR more effects on our planet's mean temp than anything we do collectively and definately alot more than we American's are doing.

The trouble is, since time immemorial we humans believe that our actions (whether sin or pollution - same concept) run the planet like they run our lives.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 4:36:20 PM EDT
[#23]
They should have this pic of Ira Einhorn the Unicorn killer who started Earth Day
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 4:43:42 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
They should have this pic of Ira Einhorn the Unicorn killer who started Earth Day
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/8/8a/Ira_Einhorn.png/150px-Ira_Einhorn.png

Naaaaaaaaaah... it was GAYLORD Nelson who started it!!!

From Wikipedia

Earth Day 1970

Responding to widespread environmental degradation, Gaylord Nelson, a United States Senator from Wisconsin, called for an environmental teach-in, or Earth Day, to be held on April 22, 1970. Over 20 million people participated that year, and Earth Day is now observed each year on April 22 by more than 500 million people and national governments in 175 countries. Senator Nelson, an environmental activist, took a leading role in organizing the celebration, hoping to demonstrate popular political support for an environmental agenda. He modeled it on the highly effective Vietnam War protests of the time.[3] The concept of Earth Day was first proposed in a memo to JFK written by Fred Dutton.[citation needed]

Link Posted: 4/22/2007 5:29:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Guys, it's just a flippin' iceberg. Calm down.

As for the "process" that Google uses to choose which holidays get a logo and which don't, well, if you look through the archives, it's apparently pretty random and mostly at the whim of their artist.

I don't understand why some of you are upset about the inclusion or exclusion about certain holidays, anyway. It's JUST a logo for a search engine. Don't get your panties in a twist over it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 6:01:07 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/8/8a/Ira_Einhorn.png/150px-Ira_Einhorn.png

It is also no coincidence that Earth Day is on the same day as V.I. Lenin's birthday.
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 6:05:46 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

As for the "process" that Google uses to choose which holidays get a logo and which don't, well, if you look through the archives, it's apparently pretty random and mostly at the whim of their artist.

I don't understand why some of you are upset about the inclusion or exclusion about certain holidays, anyway. It's JUST a logo for a search engine. Don't get your panties in a twist over it.

Because it is insight into their values: they celebrate things like Persian New Year, but have never, and IIRC verbally refused to support Memorial day OR Veteran's day.
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 6:27:58 AM EDT
[#28]
big woop
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 6:45:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Mars is undergoing global warming also.... perhaps the Sun is getting hotter. Some things are out of our control, but oppurtunists see a chance for power through the eyes of the fearful and ignorant.
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 6:46:53 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because it is insight into their values: they celebrate things like Persian New Year, but have never, and IIRC verbally refused to support Memorial day OR Veteran's day.

Or more accurately it shows that they do logos for celebrations and festivities or for times when a cartoonish logo wouldn't be an insult. They do logos for days like Chinese New Year or Arthur Conan Doyle's birthday but avoid Easter, or Holocaust Memorial Day and Veterans Day because a cartoonish logo would be an insult.
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 6:50:44 AM EDT
[#31]
Easy Gentlemen, you know that the Titanic struck one of those on the 14th and sank the next day.  I took it as a Titanic reference.

ETA:  missed Donna's post.  Still think its about the Titanic.
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 6:52:05 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
www.google.com/logos/earthday07.gif

is it supposed to be a melting ice berg, like a global warming thing?

Yeah, what a bunch of choads.
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 6:53:47 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Talk about a blonde moment!! I saw that on Google this morning and furrowed my brow, thinking "it must be the anniversary of the Titanic sinking or something" and didn't give it another thought! Nevermind the fact that I work for a libtard government agency that spent ALL WEEK with Earth Day activites last week!!

actually, the wife and i thought the same thing,,,
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 3:00:14 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

actually, the wife and i thought the same thing,,,

are you guys blonde too?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top