Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2005 5:07:46 PM EDT
Well, I got on the scale and almost blew it up at 215.  The funny thing is, I have been actually doing a little bit of PT for a back problem, and eating less.  My tummy, formerly fairly round, is slimming down.  And yet I gained 5 lbs!  

Since I am starting to get in the exercise habit anyway, I have also decided to cut out most processed sugars, especially pop, and refined grain products.  Going to stick to lean meat, chicken, fish, and fresh fruits and vegetables.  I also ditched my chocolate stash and bought 4 six packs of fruit cups for breakfasts, and some other fresh fruit today.

I LOVE chocolate, this is going to be difficult.  I am thinking if I treat myself to one item a week, that will make it more tolerable.  Any pointers?

Also, I am under the impression that grains are the main source of fiber.  How do I stay away from breads and cereals and still make sure I get PLENTY of fiber?
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:09:22 PM EDT
[#1]
exercize more.

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:09:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I am currently on the Buffalo Wings and Shiner Bock diet.

Working out pretty well for me.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:25:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Well, I got on the scale and almost blew it up at 215.  The funny thing is, I have been actually doing a little bit of PT for a back problem, and eating less.  My tummy, formerly fairly round, is slimming down.  And yet I gained 5 lbs!  

Since I am starting to get in the exercise habit anyway, I have also decided to cut out most processed sugars, especially pop, and refined grain products.  Going to stick to lean meat, chicken, fish, and fresh fruits and vegetables.  I also ditched my chocolate stash and bought 4 six packs of fruit cups for breakfasts, and some other fresh fruit today.

I LOVE chocolate, this is going to be difficult.  I am thinking if I treat myself to one item a week, that will make it more tolerable.  Any pointers?

Also, I am under the impression that grains are the main source of fiber.  How do I stay away from breads and cereals and still make sure I get PLENTY of fiber?

I have no damn suggestions for you, because I'm in the same damn boat as you, I'm on a damn diet and I'm graving damn chocolate!!!

Sorry just venting.  
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:28:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Seriously  my big food problem is sweets like chocolate chip cookies or the like.

Nver crave fast food or pizza but sweets are my flaw.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:28:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
exercize more.

Sgat1r5

Good move but diet is a bigger factor for Lipid Profile.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:43:28 PM EDT
[#6]
SWitch to WHOLE grains...Do NOT eat white anything (rice/pasta/bread) Whole grains have more fiber, more protein and lower carbs...
FRUIT...there's a whole lotta fiber in fruit...
Do not rule out food groups because you are doomed to fail: you'll always be wanting what you can't have.
I'm female. Depriving me of chocolate could result in bodily injury...so I don't NOT eat it at all...everything in moderation.
Lastly, if you're weight training, discard your scale and gauge your progress by how your clothes fit, not by your weight..remember, muscle weighs more than fat.

ETA: Good luck and stick with it and you'll be glad you did!
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:05:04 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Depriving me of chocolate could result in bodily injury

Who's getting injured?  You?  Whoever is standing between you and the chocolate?  

I did pretty good with my "diet" of just eating LESS....still eat whatever I want, I just don't eat as much of it.  Started walking for an hour each evening (around the neighborhood and a park, so I have hills and stuff).  PlaymoreMinds has good advice for following a diet though.  

Dropped down to 245 from 280 in about 5 months.  Now I'm stuck at 245 regardless of what I do (diet. excersise, nothing really matters much)  I'm not happy, but I can live with it.

-FOTBR
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:14:10 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I am currently on the Buffalo Wings and Shiner Bock diet.

Working out pretty well for me.

dude, we need to hang out
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top