Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2005 2:01:25 PM EDT
I need a good character analysis thesis statement about Ralph in the book, "The Lord of the Flies."

Any suggestions from those who have read the book?

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:16:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Was ralph the chubby kid w/ glasses? or the leader? It's been a while since I read that book.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:18:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Wasn't he the big fly that told all the little flies what to do?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:28:33 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Was ralph the chubby kid w/ glasses? or the leader? It's been a while since I read that book.

Leader.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:30:41 PM EDT
[#4]
You must seek power before you can exercise it.

Those who seek power tend to be collectivists, in other words willing to coerce individuals for a perceived greater good of the group.

Individualists don't seek power because they don't believe in coercion, which is why almost all positions of power are occupied by collectivists. (this is also the reason for the leftist bias in the media and education)

The lord of the flies was just another example of this process taking place, among children, but the principle applies to nearly all human endeaver, which is why it's a pretty good book IMO.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:30:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Issues surrounding Ralpf in the lord of the flies can never be over analysed. I find my self constantly drawn back to the subject of Ralpf in the lord of the flies. Indispensable to homosapians today, Ralpf in the lord of the flies is not given the credit if deserves for inspiring many of the worlds famous painters. The juxtapositioning of Ralpf in the lord of the flies with fundamental economic, social and political strategic conflict draws criticism from the aristocracy, many of whom fail to comprehend the full scope of Ralpf in the lord of the flies. Though I would rather be in bed I will now examine the primary causes of Ralpf in the lord of the flies.

Social Factors

There is cultural and institutional interdependence between members of any community. Back when Vealinger reamarked ‘the power struggle will continue while the great tale of humanity remains untold’ [1] he borrowed much from Ralpf in the lord of the flies. While deviating from the norm will always cause unrest amongst ones peers, Ralpf in the lord of the flies irons out misconceptions from our consciousness.

When one is faced with people of today a central theme emerges - Ralpf in the lord of the flies is either adored or despised, it leaves no one undecided. It has been said that the one thing in society which could survive a nuclear attack is Ralpf in the lord of the flies. This is incorrect, actually cockroaches are the only thing which can survive a nuclear attack.

Economic Factors

There has been a great deal of discussion in the world of economics, centred on the value of Ralpf in the lord of the flies. Of course, Ralpf in the lord of the flies fits perfectly into the Fish-Out-Of-Water model, a complex but ultimately rewarding system. Oil
Prices

Ralpf in the lord of the flies

It is apparent from the graph that the influence of Ralpf in the lord of the flies is strong. What is the secret to its strength? It goes with out saying that oil prices sings a very different tune. Many analysts fear a subsequent depression.

Political Factors

Politics has in some areas been seen to embrace an increasing ananiathesis of intergovernmentalism leading to neo-functionalism. Comparing international relations since the end of the century can be like observing chalk and cheese.

To quote jazz singer Odysseus Shandy 'I don't believe in ghosts, but I do believe in democracy.' [2] One cannot help but agree when faced with Ralpf in the lord of the flies, that this highlights an important issue. To paraphrase, the quote is saying 'Ralpf in the lord of the flies wins votes.' Simple as that.

The question which we must each ask ourselves is, will we allow Ralpf in the lord of the flies to win our vote?
Conclusion

In my opinion Ralpf in the lord of the flies may not be the best thing since sliced bread, but it's still important. It collaborates successfully, influences the influencers, and it is human.

What a great essay. Finally a word from super-star Shania Paltrow: 'At first I was afraid I was petrified. Thinking I could never live without Ralpf in the lord of the flies by my side.' [3]

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:33:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:34:49 PM EDT
[#7]
dont judge me.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:35:37 PM EDT
[#8]
I have...

Attempting to lead a small group of boys back home, Ralph finds failure due to his lack authority and control; he must establish power over the others before he can stand as an authority figure.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:36:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:40:30 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

My thesis or something else?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:43:09 PM EDT
[#11]
DigDug always makes me laugh!  
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:46:19 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Issues surrounding Ralpf in the lord of the flies can never be over analysed. I find my self constantly drawn back to the subject of Ralpf in the lord of the flies. Indispensable to homosapians today, Ralpf in the lord of the flies is not given the credit if deserves for inspiring many of the worlds famous painters. The juxtapositioning of Ralpf in the lord of the flies with fundamental economic, social and political strategic conflict draws criticism from the aristocracy, many of whom fail to comprehend the full scope of Ralpf in the lord of the flies. Though I would rather be in bed I will now examine the primary causes of Ralpf in the lord of the flies.

Social Factors

There is cultural and institutional interdependence between members of any community. Back when Vealinger reamarked ‘the power struggle will continue while the great tale of humanity remains untold’ [1] he borrowed much from Ralpf in the lord of the flies. While deviating from the norm will always cause unrest amongst ones peers, Ralpf in the lord of the flies irons out misconceptions from our consciousness.

When one is faced with people of today a central theme emerges - Ralpf in the lord of the flies is either adored or despised, it leaves no one undecided. It has been said that the one thing in society which could survive a nuclear attack is Ralpf in the lord of the flies. This is incorrect, actually cockroaches are the only thing which can survive a nuclear attack.

Economic Factors

There has been a great deal of discussion in the world of economics, centred on the value of Ralpf in the lord of the flies. Of course, Ralpf in the lord of the flies fits perfectly into the Fish-Out-Of-Water model, a complex but ultimately rewarding system. Oil
Prices

It is apparent from the graph that the influence of Ralpf in the lord of the flies is strong. What is the secret to its strength? It goes with out saying that oil prices sings a very different tune. Many analysts fear a subsequent depression.

Political Factors

Politics has in some areas been seen to embrace an increasing ananiathesis of intergovernmentalism leading to neo-functionalism. Comparing international relations since the end of the century can be like observing chalk and cheese.

To quote jazz singer Odysseus Shandy 'I don't believe in ghosts, but I do believe in democracy.' [2] One cannot help but agree when faced with Ralpf in the lord of the flies, that this highlights an important issue. To paraphrase, the quote is saying 'Ralpf in the lord of the flies wins votes.' Simple as that.

The question which we must each ask ourselves is, will we allow Ralpf in the lord of the flies to win our vote?
Conclusion

In my opinion Ralpf in the lord of the flies may not be the best thing since sliced bread, but it's still important. It collaborates successfully, influences the influencers, and it is human.

What a great essay. Finally a word from super-star Shania Paltrow: 'At first I was afraid I was petrified. Thinking I could never live without Ralpf in the lord of the flies by my side.' [3]

Do you believe half the crap you say?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:59:45 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Social Factors

Economic Factors

Prices

Political Factors

Conclusion

The Lord of the Flies is satan.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:29:37 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Those who seek power tend to be collectivists, in other words willing to coerce individuals for a perceived greater good of the group.

Individualists don't seek power because they don't believe in coercion, which is why almost all positions of power are occupied by collectivists. (this is also the reason for the leftist bias in the media and education)

That's quite profound.  Similar to the major theme in Hesse's "Steppenwolf".
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:35:04 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Social Factors

Economic Factors

Prices

Political Factors

Conclusion

That's not how you spell Ralph

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:42:55 PM EDT
[#16]
"If Piggy had a gun he would reign supreme. Thank you."

or..

"If Piggy had a gun he would be yelling back 'oh yea, well sucks to your BRAIN HEMMORHAGE!!!'"
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:58:04 PM EDT
[#17]
We are all born savages. Some of us learn to control that savagery, others do not.  Only a thin veneer separates the two groups, however.  Civilization is a fragile structure that is held together by bailing wire and chewing gum, or is it Elmer's glue?

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:07:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Personally, I think there should have been more emphasis on the flies. They barely get mentioned at all in the book, which is a shame.  Why call it Lord of the flies if the flies don't get mentioned?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top