Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2006 5:47:20 PM EDT
I just read "The Politically Incorrect Guide to Islam". Excellent book and very enlightening on the roots of Islam and its application to modern day threats to America's core roots as a Christian nation. Anyone confused over the realities faced by America and Islam - and how our diplomacy is inherently flawed should read this book. Very eye-opening!

Curious what else others might be reading right now for non-fiction. I'm deployed here in CONUS and am spending inexorbitant amounts of time reading and surfing the net off duty.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:48:28 PM EDT
[#1]
ROP
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:08:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Hack Job.
I read it - makes some good points, but over all, just a hackjob.
Totally ignores many things, while playing up others.
It's more or less a conspiracy book - Here is what I took away from it.

Muslims are, and always have been, the worlds biggest threat, since their founding!
They do nothing but bad things! There is no such thing as a good muslim!
They lie to us! They all think, and act, with one purpose! You can't trust any of them!

Basically - it is sure to become a hit with ARFcommers.

It is a shame, since it did make some valid points.
Anyone who wishes to learn about the subject should consider more than one source.
It's all propaganda, you just have to be intelligent enough to be able to see past the bullshit.

ETA: To clarify, by "it's all propaganda" I don't mean just this book.
I mean most books on both sides of the issue.
Don't believe there is no such thing as a bad Muslim, but don't believe there is no such thing as a good one, either.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:17:43 PM EDT
[#3]
um dude... thats soooooo flawed.  I took mideival islamic history which covers 632 (muhammad's death) to 1492 and ur book is so flawed
'
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:24:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I loved it!
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 3:28:27 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
um dude... thats soooooo flawed.  I took mideival islamic history which covers 632 (muhammad's death) to 1492 and ur book is so flawed
'

In a public high school where they don't teach spelling ?? I'm a huge history buff and I disagree with whatever liberal revisionist trash they're teaching in schools to make Mohammed on the lines of the Tooth Fairy.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 3:54:52 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Hack Job.
It's more or less a conspiracy book - Here is what I took away from it...

You mean the book doesn't ceaselessly apologize for moslem terrorism? No wonder you don't care for it.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:54:44 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hack Job.
It's more or less a conspiracy book - Here is what I took away from it...

You mean the book doesn't ceaselessly apologize for moslem terrorism? No wonder you don't care for it.

No, I mean it is a hack job.
Try quoting my post in its entirety next time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top