Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2011 12:02:38 AM EDT
I've been a bar manager for a few years, the majority of which have been after the economy hit the tank, and tonight was one of the better nights I've had/seen at my bar in years. I remember years ago, my bar being busy seven days a week, open to close.

Tonight, I was on-call to assist the bartender on duty, as we had a small cast part planned for the local theater. The night started off dead, but when the thespians started showing up all at once, and my assistance was needed, it started to get fun. When I say fun, I mean that it was awesome to have 2 bartenders back behind the bar, fucking with each other, and teasing the customers, so everyone was having a good time. It was quite nice to see our bar filled with people, drinking, smiling and laughing. Sadly, these events are far and few between.

I'm not really sure where I'm going with this, if I'm bragging that we had a good night, or if I'm just venting that times have changed. Take it as you will. Either way, those that were there, had fun, which has been missing as of late.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 12:07:27 AM EDT
I actually enjoy reading posts like this. Amongst the doom and gloom sometimes on the site it's refreshing to remember that life goes on even in "economic downturns".

Would have loved to have been there, man. Might you have Killians on tap? Love it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 12:10:08 AM EDT
Awesome! Glad you had a good night at work!
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 12:16:54 AM EDT
Love good stories like this.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 12:20:31 AM EDT
Glad you had a good night.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 12:24:51 AM EDT
If im ever in SC, ill visit your bar wearing a bfl shirt.

I expect a free drink
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 12:26:08 AM EDT
Any hot girls show up
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 12:30:54 AM EDT
What part of SC?
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 12:32:48 AM EDT
Glad to hear it!
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 12:47:27 AM EDT
Originally Posted By RCJ:
I actually enjoy reading posts like this. Amongst the doom and gloom sometimes on the site it's refreshing to remember that life goes on even in "economic downturns".

Would have loved to have been there, man. Might you have Killians on tap? Love it.

95% of the time, our business circles around doom and gloom sadly

Tonight though, was a nice change of pace. Seemed like people forgot about their worries, if just for a few hours.

Killians? We don't serve Killians, and surprisingly we rarely get asked or it.

Originally Posted By freeride21a:
Awesome! Glad you had a good night at work!

Thanks!

Originally Posted By HiredHitman:
Love good stories like this.

Me too.

Originally Posted By SIRIUS1:
Glad you had a good night.

Me too.

Originally Posted By Russm:
If im ever in SC, ill visit your bar wearing a bfl shirt.

I expect a free drink

You IM me, I'll buy you more then one.

Originally Posted By metalhed556:
Any hot girls show up

About a dozen. Sadly, I was too busy to say anything more then, "Hey, what can I get ya?"

Originally Posted By disco_jon75:
What part of SC?

Hilton Head Island

Originally Posted By ByNameRequest:
Glad to hear it!

Me too.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 12:56:11 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:10:25 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Aimless:
A million years ago my buddy tended bar where the local actors group, which was in town over the summer, went every night. He said he made out well in tips as the men apparently thought he was cute.

We only had 2 openly gay guys tonight, which was surprising.
1. Because we are a redneck sports bar
2. We just generally don't have a lot of gay clientele. We have a few gay regulars, but not any vast amount.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 3:07:12 AM EDT
Not to advertise, but if any ARFCOMers come to a shoe shaped island in South Carolina, let me know.
Top Top