Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/3/2006 5:58:30 AM EDT
"ALITO ENDS UP WITH MORE 'NO' VOTES THAN ALL BUT ONE CONFIRMED SUPREME COURT JUSTICE

Although some Senators tried to stop the nomination of Judge Alito with a filibuster, that effort failed when the Senate voted to shut off debate by a vote of 72-25. The Senate then voted to confirm Judge Alito by a vote of 58-42. We must continue to watch the Supreme Court and future nominations very closely, since there are now several Justices who seem to support an activist approach to the 2nd Amendment and who question the power of Congress to enact strong gun laws. With the confirmation of Judge Alito, there is an increasing danger that the Court will reject longstanding precedent, strike down federal gun laws, and jeopardize public safety.

http://www.bradycampaign.org
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:16:02 AM EDT
[#1]
The Brady Campaign blows everything else out of proportion to inflame it's members.  I see no reason to believe they hit the mark on this one.  The court will protect the status quo.  Not that it wouldn't be nice if this was the one thing they are right about.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:18:04 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Not that it wouldn't be nice if this was the one thing they are right about.

+1
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:19:38 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
"ALITO ENDS UP WITH MORE 'NO' VOTES THAN ALL BUT ONE CONFIRMED SUPREME COURT JUSTICE

THIS is what they consider VICTORY?

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:21:11 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

He has no mandate!
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:22:30 AM EDT
[#5]
I want to be the first guy to walk into a podunk gunshop and buy a BAR. I want to be the first guy in my village with a store bought M2 and a wheel barrow full of suppresors for all of my guns. I want to be asked by the county to please remove the brass from my property because it is blocking the view.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:24:01 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

THIS is what they consider VICTORY?

"We just got our asses kicked, but not as bad as all of the other times!"

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:16:58 PM EDT
[#7]
"ALITO ENDS UP WITH MORE 'NO' VOTES THAN ALL BUT ONE CONFIRMED SUPREME COURT JUSTICE"

Absolutely true! Also true is that he is now a SCOTUS justice and Sarah and company can kiss my shiny white ass.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:00:12 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The Brady Campaign blows everything else out of proportion to inflame it's members.  

How pissed off can a dozen people get???????????????  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top